It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anyone paying attention to the rules of war

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2022 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

Right. If another country...any country...were to kill 80,000 women and children by burning them to death, like the USA did to beautiful citizens of Japan, the USA and the world would ensure that the country's leader, and top generals, were publicly hanged.

If the women and children were workers at factories making them accessories to war, wouldn't that kinda negate the innocent status?

Oh, and in case you didn't know, the consistent fire-bombing of Japan did a LOT more damage and destruction than the nukes did.

But yeah, let's focus on the nukes, good buzzworthy topic

incendiary bat bombs and
wooden houses.
not a good combo.

when testing the bombs the usa burnt down their own base.

the Dresden fire bombing was pretty bad too.

posted on Dec, 29 2022 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Here is a good example of propaganda and war . there was no photos on this but could not find the the CNN clip when I do I'll post it. its about CNN claiming Russian war crimes when clearly it was not.

in the begging of this was The president of this country handed out fully automatic firearms to civilians with little to no training, which was very bad idea to benign with it also violated Geneva Conversion rules. I later seen footage of this apartment building that was clearly heavily damaged from tank fire on the outside. CNN was covering this claiming allegations of war crimes committed by the Russians firing on defenseless civilians . There is allot arm chair generals out there that went along with what CNN claimed. I'm not an arm chair general, but I have seen combat and I'm just 2 grades below a general, retired . The building that CNN showed was clearly damaged by tank fire from what I saw on the video. I also noticed that building was hit with small arms fire around most of the windows. The small arms fire seemed to be directed at the windows on the top floor and just below the roof line. Some small arms was also directed at the center of the building around the windows .same with the first floor of the building. Then I noticed what was dug out and trenches around cretin places of building, clearly positions of surprise. tank traps etc. Most of the public would not think twice after seeing the building and CNN making the claim of war crimes. I know better than to take CNN for fact. What looked like chips in the building around the widows was actually small arms fire hitting around the windows of the building, that was because someone in those window positions was firing back .

So the question of who fired first does not matter. The residents of the building were clearly not defenseless . So the way I see it is some person from the Ukraine army an officer or NCO was put in charge of that building gave the resident a short class in firing their weapons and set up defensive positions. The residents fired on the Russians or the Russians fired on them if anyone know there not saying. The point is who ever was in that apartment building was firing back from sniper position on the roof you can tell because the return fire was missing the target ( Snipers) and hitting the parapet of the roof. Same goes for the rest of the established positions on and around the building. Then it looks like the Russians decided to walk the tank fire you could see the holes in the ground it goes in one direction then hits the building twice, then stopped. The people in the building were clearly about to loose this fight. I suspect most of them survived because the building was not leveled and there was no armor tracks going to the building in any direction, ( they kept their distance ) so that means the Russians left without pursing this further ,why ? Because the Russian figured out they were firing on civilians. I 'm very sure that battle was short lived because of that. I think the president of Ukraine put allot civilians at unnecessary risk and death by handing out weapons like that with little or no training he also violated the Geneva Convention , but Ukraine is part of it anyway. So, would have the Russians have fired on that building if the president of Ukraine had not handed out those automatic weapons to untrained civilians in the begging of this war? its good question and the president of Ukraine need to answer for that reasoning.
Also remember in war there is also a war of propaganda. CNN claims of war crimes was clearly misguided by ratings. The occupants of the building were firing back and were not defenseless. I'm not fan of Russia but I call like I see it. The tank commander backed off on that building because he figured out they were civilians. Just a note, Ukraine used to be our enemy up until the USSR and Warsaw pact collapsed .Their military was trained to annihilate the United States with nukes and ground warfare in Europe. The civilian population was taught the same though classic propaganda. it's not like this happen a hundred years ago. this was early as the 1990's Don't be surprised if Ukraine writes us off and keeps all the cash we sent them and Russia may rearm them again someday. Russia still has the old school military officers and command , and so does Ukraine. so nothing has changed much except they have a new president that was comic before.

Now we have Russia killing just about anything that moves in certain parts of Ukraine.. Maybe one day all this killing will revert back to, "Kill everyone and salt the earth so nothing can grow" mentality like the Romans did to Carthage..?

So you think the Russians are killing everything that moves, not their style never has been. Russian looks at Ukraine as a police action. Ukraine needs to meet Russia at the peace table there is no path to victory for Ukraine. its just going to be long drawn out conflict if they don't ,that s the reality of it.

edit on 29-12-2022 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-12-2022 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join