It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon pushing reports of possible Russian chemical weapons attack in Mariupol

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 06:55 PM
link   
OUR media government and military are pushing the war narrative hard AF, it's as they only want sensational headlines. Russia would be stupid as hell to escalate by using chemical weapons.

www.cnbc.com...

Pentagon monitoring reports of possible Russian chemical weapons attack in Mariupol

British Foreign Secretary Liz Truss says her government is working “urgently” to verify details of an alleged chemical weapons attack on residents of the besieged Ukrainian city of Mariupol.
A Pentagon spokesperson said the reports were not confirmed, but they reflect U.S. concerns about Russia’s “potential to use a variety of riot control agents, including tear gas mixed with chemical agents, in Ukraine.”
If Russia were to be found to have used chemical weapons in the strategic holdout city, it would represent a major escalation of the conflict and present a direct challenge to NATO members.

I would take any information from the AZOV Batallion with a grain of salt at this point

The original report was in the form of a Telegram message posted by the Azov Regiment, an ultra-nationalist part of the Ukrainian National Guard. The Azov message said Russian forces used “a poisonous substance of unknown origin.”

edit on 11-4-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

The British news is doing the same with rape stories getting 24/7 coverage

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 07:15 PM
link   

It’s getting ridiculous. Like the gas attacks in Syria from the “moderate rebels” . Just a matter of time before a gas attack is blamed on someone
edit on 11-4-2022 by Bringittothelight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 07:16 PM
link   

The Nazis are claiming the commies used nerve gas. We going to war yet? Or is this more foreplay?

This after the admission of "preemptive" lying.

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 07:19 PM
link   
What if it's true?

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 07:19 PM
link   

With all the rumors of western fighters mixed in with the azov hold outs it makes you wonder when you see such a media blitz focused on one place as mariupol has been. So far 6 helos have been shot down and a barge has been stopped trying to evacuate whatever is so high value out of the factory. Something tells me we will find out soon though whatever is there...

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam

Much like the COVID narrative the more they push it the less I believe.

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 07:25 PM
link   
To be clear since accuracy really no longer seems to be a requirement on ATS...

The Pentagon is not the source of this report but rather the UK Military is with the following being the opening of the quote used by the OP
, "British Foreign Secretary Liz Truss says her government is working “urgently” to verify details of an alleged chemical weapons attack on residents of the besieged Ukrainian city of Mariupol."

The Pentagon did however say this , also from the OP source, "A Pentagon spokesperson said the reports were not confirmed, but they reflect U.S. concerns about Russia’s “potential to use a variety of riot control agents, including tear gas mixed with chemical agents, in Ukraine.”

Why is it so hard for people to just report facts and let others form their opinions on those facts?

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: radaghast5
What if it's true?

direct from AZOV themselves. 3 people in satisfactory condition

sounds more like hysteria than a coordinated gas attack by Russia? Well, it does if we are going to think critically...

t.me...

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 07:27 PM
link   

From what I understand the remanents of Azov in Mariupol are whole up at the Azovostal plant which has some deep bunkers.

They are cornered rats with no chance of breaking out of the encirclement. If they gassed them with anything more than CS they wouldn't be alive to report it. So take their claims with a grain or pound of salt. They are desperate.
Russians could probably sit on them and starve them out if they didn't stock the bunkers. At some point, they will run out of fuel for generators so they will be left with hand cranks to get radio messages out.

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 07:29 PM
link   
just a theory here
maybe there is some validity to some high ranking types being trapped in mariupol
maybe some who shouldn't be there maybe even toss in some upper tier levels of a security detail
and after several evac attempts failed they now need a cover for a covert evac op

pentagon can't confirm as reported by the AZOV
says lots there

thanks for posting this op

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I don’t personally get the whole logic of it, tbh.

It’s kind of like, nah it’s all good, you can go in there with conventional weapons to murder, rape and pillage innocent civilians... no worries.

But if you dare use chemical weapons to do it, then we’ll have a problem!

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: stonerwilliam

Much like the COVID narrative the more they push it the less I believe.

The COVID narrative totally disappeared on UK te -lie -vision after 2 years of non stop numbers getting thrown at us ,now not a word .

Something tells me graveyards or new cremation services will be springing up shortly to handle the numbers who are going to be vanishing from the landscape .

Have the Russians started throwing babies from incubators yet

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA
To be clear since accuracy really no longer seems to be a requirement on ATS...

The Pentagon is not the source of this report but rather the UK Military is with the following being the opening of the quote used by the OP
, "British Foreign Secretary Liz Truss says her government is working “urgently” to verify details of an alleged chemical weapons attack on residents of the besieged Ukrainian city of Mariupol."

The Pentagon did however say this , also from the OP source, "A Pentagon spokesperson said the reports were not confirmed, but they reflect U.S. concerns about Russia’s “potential to use a variety of riot control agents, including tear gas mixed with chemical agents, in Ukraine.”

Why is it so hard for people to just report facts and let others form their opinions on those facts?

To be clear the original message is a Twitter message from Azov as well as the follow up it was 3 people allegedly

www.cnbc.com...

The original report was in the form of a Telegram message posted by the Azov Regiment, an ultra-nationalist part of the Ukrainian National Guard. The Azov message said Russian forces used “a poisonous substance of unknown origin.”

edit on 11-4-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 07:38 PM
link   

What if it's true?

Honestly? Regardless of whether it happened or who did it if it did happen, if it did not occur on US soil, this country's leaders should STFU and sit TF down. Minding their own business, sadly, has never been something the dweebs this nation elects excel at. Ultimately that failure to mind their own business will be the ruination of us all.

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

They are also in the other factory in town which is actually the bigger of the ones in mariupol. They have been cut off for over 2 weeks now for the most part they might have food but I doubt they have the more important water. Also assume there are a lot of rotting corpses in there too as those wounded can only get so much medical treatment cutoff like that. Disease will be a thing soon too if they arent burning or buryinging them well.

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

What if it's true?

Honestly? Regardless of whether it happened or who did it if it did happen, if it did not occur on US soil, this country's leaders should STFU and sit TF down. Minding their own business, sadly, has never been something the dweebs this nation elects excel at. Ultimately that failure to mind their own business will be the ruination of us all.

Yes but if we continue to let Putin do whatever he wants then I guess that means that Putin deserves the lands of Europe.
Right?
I can't see myself ignoring that threat, but then again, I have no love for Putin.

Also just because everyone thinks something is true, it doesn't mean it is. That's the ATS mantra.

Everyone on this thread thus far gives the impression that this story is not true, so in ATS fashion I will question your narrative.
Could be true. Russia could be using chemical weapons on civilians.

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
But if you dare use chemical weapons to do it, then we’ll have a problem!

US leadership probably believes that going hard against anyone else using chemical weapons will somehow absolve them of their own robust (and not too distant) history of using Agent orange, Napalm, and depleted uranium bullets on both enemy combatants and the civilians those combatants were hiding amongst.

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: radaghast5

The MFer has struggled woefully against the Ukraine even before NATO shipments of arms reached Kiev and you're still trying to bang that "Putin could take all of Europe!" drum in a believable fashion? Really? You're honestly able to see the Russian military allegedly break all of these rules of warfare and still utterly fail to bring the Ukraine beneath their heel and see some vast threat to NATO and the free world?

Sorry, I don't see it happening. What I do see happening is the west meddling to a degree in which Putin is able to successfully argue to his citizens as well as China that Russia's attempt to secure a hostile Ukraine was directly interfered with by NATO countries. That will lead to a second cold war and a series of expensive proxy wars at a minimum, World War 3 complete with nuke usage at the worst. Meanwhile, as we've easily proven that Putin posed zero threat to EU and NATO countries, the only cost of the sure fire This-Will-Not-Lead-To-Widespread-War solution would have been to leave the Ukraine to handle their own business and see what comes of it.

Sadly that time has now passed and we're almost certainly going to see the right wing warhawks and leftwing bleeding hearts band together in DC to push us into some operation white knight clustereff that will likely lead to massive, massive losses of resources, infrastructure, and young American lives... all because our leadership can't keep their noses out of other nations' business.

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Some think Putin is about to expose some really damning stuff that can't be denied.

If so, he'd better hurry.

Once a war starts, it escalates quickly.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join