It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK ...Had enough

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: billxam
a reply to: DAVID64

Well, the name "frigidaire" tells me they specialize in making things cold. You tale of woe is why I'm still cooking on a 35 year old stove.
Same here, but mine is 22 years old. Came with the house

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 08:29 PM
link   

I would have said to the store manager ,I got all the time in the world to walk up and down outside your shop with a sign around my neck telling them how crap a service and products you have , if that don't work ,the shame of social media seems to work ..

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

There are still domestic appliance manufacturers, they're just not cheap.

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 11:06 PM
link   
It’s probably a stupid ass $12.00 part like your energy efficiency sensor probe. My neighbor bought an all but brand new stove off of Craig’slist for next to nothing. Guy said it was broke and out of warranty and just wanted the damn thing gone. My neighbor and I had it working perfectly in less then 20 minutes after replacing the probe.

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 02:27 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mike Stivic
Sad but true state of affairs my friend.

When I was young you went to Ed's hardware on south main street and talked to Ed ....

Ce la vie

And so it goes.

Now get the eff off my lawn!

You sound more like Archie with every post ... buwahahahahaha

Wife wouldn't move into a house without gas. When we got here we did a short-term rental. Appliances were all electric. Nothing but unpredictable experiences.

It's not that gas is always the better option ... but, it so often is ... and it sucks if they didn't include it in the build.

Problems like this are less troublesome if you use an American Express card. (God ... that was incredibly hard for me to type out in this reply)

I think I'd carry it back to Lowes and leave the problem right there with them.

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I bet it was, you said “American Express” casually. Cringe 😬 like really cringe.

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman

I bet it was, you said “American Express” casually. Cringe 😬 like really cringe.

Was really careful to make sure autocorrect wasn't a factor causing me to edit that post.

AE is another thing the wife taught me. Vendors want nothing to do with a customer dispute related to that card. I think that's why so many disreputable vendors refuse to accept them.

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I would have used the Archie Bunker moniker, and sometimes I regret choosing mike stivic..

Alot of people think I identify politically with rob riener,
And that couldn't be farther from the truth..

I chose Mike stivic because I wanted to be able to poke fun at myself < ie. respectfully,~meathead> in my posts in hopes that people will know I don't take myself to seriously.

You'll seldom see me argue here, more often then not I'll be the first to admit I am wrong. Or at the very least civilly agree to disagree ..

🍺

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 01:41 PM
link   

You know what I did? Of course not but I will tell:

I got myself a nice gas powered grill with side burners, and internal and external cast iron plancha and cast iron girdles. That's how I can still enjoy cooking with gas and it can do coal too.

Back to topic, I know from installing the oven and electrical ceran cooking field (no gas at site) in my shop, that there are some changes need done to the terminal at the back. You can decide to have 1 or 3 phase and need to set or remove copper clamps on the terminals.

You might have fried your appliance if it was setup for 1phase and you went onto it with 1phase and instead of neutral, 2nd phase. I know because the technician set it up for me so I only have to connect color to numbers, after I said I will install it myself. Had to go into the space behind so I had to mount it myself.

I hope it's not that.

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

In the US there are almost no homes wired for 3 phase, this stove was most likely just standard 220v with the appropriate receptacle.

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
I think here every house is 3 phase.

Are they then wired 2 phase? Because I thought 110V is phase to neutral and 220V should be phase-phase? Here it's 230V and 400V (phase-phase). Penfriend once told me it was the copper cartels that wanted to sell copper so the voltage had to be lower = more current = bigger conductors needed = more copper sold.

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Our son and his girlfriend built a tiny house. They bought all the appliances new from Home Depot. Same deal there. They don't keep much of anything in stock. Everything is shipped to you direct from the manufacturer. This is why they don't take in store returns. Once it's delivered you have 24 hours to install and test it and then you are SOL and in the same position as OP. There really isn't any "take it back to the store" anymore. There are tons of bad reviews about it online. I didn't sleep for several nights worrying that something wouldn't work and it would be a mess. But, they were all good luckily. I believe Best Buy had a little more leeway time wise if anyone is looking. We need a new fridge (ours if from the early 90s) but I think I would prefer to actually buy one 2nd hand at this point. At least I know it's been working for a couple of years and I'm not starting off with a lemon.

Also, someone mentioned Kitchen Aid. I suppose you haven't read any reviews on those lately..... Not anything like the old ones.

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I hope your feeling better there. Here are some things I have been dealing with along the lines of being frustrated -

Frustration can be very real when dealing with inefficient companies and businesses. The policies and procedures from these outfits can actually be the foundation for a systemic vessel of powerbase from the employees vs. the customers. These days some people have mistaken power for deception - they think that deceiving somebody makes them powerful, they feel more powerful, however look within the context of deception - in order to have any type of sway a person must have something Good to offer, if it wasn't for something of benefit that is being received by the innocent person the beholder of falsely attributed power would not be able to manipulate their spirit. There is really so much detail and small specific issues of discrepancy almost like particles, when observing a short conversation with an average citizen - unfortunately many of these people work at businesses that we have to affiliate ourselves with in some way usually.

I can recommend next time when in a conversation, take a step back and observe their psychological behavior as beneficial or lacking thereof to the human spirit. Don't engage when you see their discrepancy. This may be uncomfortable, be ready to endure based on the situation. If you agree with those who argue, be polite to those who are rude, and calmly remove yourself if they become loud, it may even be more uncomfortable than if you lashed out. You are now enduring, however most importantly you have taken a step out of the situation and almost as if out of body, you have watched the events unfold from a higher place looking down at the person who wanted to put their Ego above you in the beginning.

The emotional paradigm syndrome is also complex. Anger is surely a cover. It is there to cover up some form of emotional pain based on a difficult experience of injustice or being victimized on account of justice. Anger is a cry of injustice accusing the opponent of causing a situation of injustice that brings emotional pain. Evidently the feeling of pain over our chest and hurt, or even over our soul and lower stomach, an anxiety of fire causing insomnia or a blue low feeling of sadness, usually the type of thing that the Ego would reject as weak or immature or not of benefit, apparently it is a natural priority to feel that way. Apparently the man should feel that way more often than not depending on his surroundings. This quote I feel to provide is not from the language of Greek. In fact, if all we had in our vaults underneath the earth was Greek translated documents, I too would have little faith like others. But this is not that, this is something else, of the reflection of water:

Given to us from an early person who knew the language of Hebrew, written from a Hebrew ancient source that because of extremely selfish people, we don't have today...

"And never be ye joyful, save when ye behold your brother with love." Needed for an interpretation. Paradoxes and dualism can sometimes make blurry the interpretation when learning from symbolism.

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 02:01 PM
link   
You followed retail protocol.
You called for warranty repair and they could not repair it.

Call the store and talk reasonably to the sales manager, not the store manager. Most stores like this have a manager that oversees specialty sales. Contact the salesperson directly also. Be reasonable. Talk to your salesperson they will often go to bat for you.

Be reasonable, I can imagine product shortages are affecting store decision. Tell them you have a lemon, then ask them to pick it up for a refund and an exchange for a working stove.
They will do it.

I had a similar problem with a fridge recently. It was exchanged.

Be prepared to look at other models incase yours is not available.

I think I mentioned be reasonable. Lol it really helps in times like now.

posted on Apr, 15 2022 @ 05:55 AM
link   

You know we just recently moved into a new house. We went to Lowe's, bought a new stove and get the thing home and the first time we tried to cook, it glitched. The top burners worked, but the over would just shut off for no reason. Right in the middle of cooking. Then the burners went out. Complete nothing. Won't turn on, won't get hot. Nothing. We call Lowe's. Sorry we can't take it back, you need to call Frigidaire.

Personally, I would stay away from Lowe's and Frigidaire.

Luckily, my husband and I decided to rent a home when we moved out of town to test the waters of new construction, and with it, new appliances. The builder of the home put all Frigidaire appliances in the house from Lowe's and every single one of them have had to be replaced within the first 6 - 7 years. The dishwasher was replaced two years ago and the newer replacement is already on the blink. I won't even go into all the other details about the other problems that come with the house. Personally, I don't trust new construction or appliances, period.

edit on 15-4-2022 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2022 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I'm pissed. No, I take that back. I'm so far beyond pissed that it's over the horizon and I can't see the light from it.

You know we just recently moved into a new house.

To give you a bit of perspective; 100 000 people die of starvation each day. Homeless people live miserable lives with hunger and pain their daily companion. There are kids that sniff glue for entertainment in Asia, and sometimes fall asleep in the pollution of busy traffic.

Plenty of people are forced to live in crappy apartments without much choice what kind of noisy 'culturally rich' neighbours they might have, in bad areas, because of poverty and exhaustion, and whatever other illnesses and troubles they might have.

If you are rich and free enough to be able to make that LUXURIOUS choice to be able to live in a HOUSE, you basically, no offence, have no right to be pissed. Count your blessings and realize just how incredibly lucky, blessed and protected you are for being allowed to live in such rare luxury (statistically speaking).

Anyone that lives in a house - let alone owns that house - has no right to complain, when you look at the data on the other people and how most people of this planet are forced to live without an escape, 'life in a house' just a useless, high-level dream that can never come true.

I would gladly lose a limb to be able to live in a house, I would gladly be in a coma for one year if that means I can live in a house, and you moan about some stove or whatnot? What??

posted on Jul, 7 2022 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: musicismagic
Yeah. Right. Just got off the phone with Lowe's. They can't take it back till Frigidaire issues and RTM, which means they can't fix it and THEN I get to return it and get a refund. But only if I wait till Friday and can't cook a meal.

This is why you always pay with a credit card...

Charge it back, then just return it and drop it off in their store.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join