It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK ...Had enough

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Do you have a voltage meter . Are you getting 240 volts from hot to hot and 120 from hot to neutral and 120 from hot to ground ? Is it a 4 wire outlet and you’ve bought the same 4 wire cord right ?

So you rewired your outlet from the gas 20 amp 120 volt circuit back into the 50 amp 240 volt receptacle for the gas range ? Do you know what you’re doing ? Is that what’s happening ?

edit on 11-4-2022 by Bringittothelight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Here is a real life story to make ya feel better .
Many years ago , my wife purchased a top of the line 50" LED TV
Got it home just to find that one HDMI port didn't work . (after a year)
As there were 4 on the TV , it really wasn't a big deal .
Called the company as the point of sales said the same thing as in your case . Call the company.
She had purchased an extended warranty .
They said they would send someone out . (I figured , yeah , in months)
Tech was out next day and tested everything.
Yep , port does not work .
Over a few days , the tech had replaced everything .
Port does not work , and stated he called the company and they were sending a replacement out .
I thought , yeah , I am not holding my breath....
2 days later the replacement arrives.
Updated version .
We called the company to ask how to send the original one back .
"Aww , just keep it "
Everything worked perfect except for that one HDMI port .
A few months later (within 3 months) I decided to try the HDMI port again .
Worked .
No foolin

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Bringittothelight

Checked it all. Everything is as it's supposed to be, but the thing just won't turn on. I'm guessing the board is fried, because it won't allow current to pass. I get nothing at the burner terminals.

No. Never been gas. The stove has always been electric.

Yes I know what I'm doing.

edit on 11-4-2022 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: Chubadda

Apparently you don't get it. Maybe you don't own a home and realize what it takes to keep it going. You don't get to just call the landlord and say "This or that doesn't work". You pay it out of your own pocket. You mow your own lawn, you fix your own plumbing, wire your own lights. You don't expect some one else to take care of you.

Foreign concept to you ?

I own my home and my land. I have a family. I have to do it all with crushed vertebrae and ruptured discs. I just choose to not waste energy on what I can’t control. To each their own I guess. I’ve learned a long time ago. Stuff breaks. Stuff happens. Can’t control it. What I CAN control is how it makes me feel and what I do with those feelings.

In no way was I meaning to kick you while you were down. I feel like some of your anger is misguided. Was only trying to give you a second option. That option being to let it slide off your shoulders. But hey! Not everyone has it in em.
edit on 11-4-2022 by Chubadda because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-4-2022 by Chubadda because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Checked it all. Everything is as it's supposed to be, but the thing just won't turn on. I'm guessing the board is fried, because it won't allow current to pass. I get nothing at the burner terminals.

So you have a voltage meter and you’re getting 240 volts from hot to hot ? Sometimes gas stoves just need 120 volts so the electrician will take a wire and make it a neutral so you get 120 and not 240 which is what the igniter takes. If you went back to 240 volt 50 amp youd have to reconfigure the wire back inside the panel to what it was before it changed to gas to get back to 240 volts . That’s how you described it to me . I’ve only been an electrician for 20 years but I’d start with the voltage , isn’t that what the repair guy told you ?

Ok sorry to question your expertise . If it was my house , I’d look at the nameplate on the stove . Probably 50 amp . I’d open my panel and make sure the wires are right . Black and red to the breaker that’s rated at the right amperage . Neutral and ground to the neutral and ground bar . I’d get my meter out and make sure you have the voltages right. Then it’s the oven of everything else is right . Is it a 3 wire or 4 wire ? Sorry I’m probably infuriating you but just curious

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Welcome to the modern world of consumer products.
Not to long ago the garbage was mostly Chinese and Mexican in origin but now it's even domestic built products.

Quality control is a thing of the past

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 06:04 PM
link   

It. Is. Not. Gas.

Never. Has. Been.

It. Is. Wired. For. 240.

I said I would rather have gas, not that is is.

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Ok understood . Is it 3 wire or 4 wire ?

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Our stove went out two years ago. It took SIX MONTHS to get a replacement because of supply shortages. So I made extensive use of the barbecue, the microwave, and the hot plate. We got by. BTW, the BBQ made a pretty good oven, too.

I'm not saying you have to be a prepper, but you owe it to yourself and your family to be prepared with alternatives to things that are important to you. If the electricity went out, your brand new perfectly working stove is useless. If lack of an electric stove really puts you out to the point of raising your blood pressure and lashing out to the world, then that lack of planning on your part does not constitute and emergency on the part of anyone else. Now you're lashing out at anyone who dares to challenge your righteous rant.

Maybe look inward and take some responsibility for your own predicament. If you can't do that, maybe there's something wrong with you rather than the whole rest of the world.

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chubadda
Sigh, man it ain’t that serious.
You’re stressing over material stuff.
With this mentally you’ll never be at peace. You’re just waiting for the next thing to anger you.

No. He is stressing over an investment he paid with his hard earned money. And something he needs to cook his food on.

Its not like he bought a shirt and it has a hole in it.

It is a VALID complaint.

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I wouldn’t attack the guy . I’d be pissed too . You pay good money to a giant corporation who make obscene profits by making a garbage product and not hiring repair guys and underpaying them and under training them . I’d rather have companies that give a damn and Stand behind a good product . You want to give him crap because he won’t bend over and take it . That’s the problem with us . Everyone cowers and takes it and we all do nothing and soon we find we’re living in a dump of a country

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I just moved into a new build...and all the appliances are Frigidaire. That is what the builder had. Although, I had to buy my own fridge and I went with LG, because that is all Lowes had in stock (and HD had nothing in stock). I have had zero problems with Frigidaire and everything is under warranty and I registered it all, online. I Hope you did too.
With that said.........customer service is severely lacking and it seems NOBODY is working anywhere anymore. WHERE DID EVERYONE GO????!!!! This is in regards to you not being able to get any help......every place is this way it seems!
edit on 2022 by shaemac because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: shaemac

Where did everyone go?

My best friend works for a large gun manufacturer .

In order to work there he has to submit to random drug tests as well as in depth initial background check..

He has been working there for about 10 years now give or take a year.

He is in a team lead position in the barrel forging area..

They cannot hold on to employees that start at 16 dlars an hour when the fast food restaurant who doesn't drug test is now starting at 16..

Would you rather sweat in a forge and not smoke weed in your off time or get paid the same to ask if you want fries with that?

Sad but true state of affairs my friend.

When I was young you went to Ed's hardware on south main street and talked to Ed ....

Ce la vie

And so it goes..

Now get the eff off my lawn!

Respectfully,
~meathead
edit on 11-4-2022 by Mike Stivic because: Fixed spell checks error

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

It was pre-pandemic, it's much worse now. People were able to "sell" products from home that had stopped production. They were selling projections of products that they don't have the people to build. People are about to be getting a wake up call when their emails fill up with cancellations.
edit on 4/11/2022 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 06:50 PM
link   

I'm spreading the message far and wide. Frigidaire is a POS.

Wow, hate to hear you had such a hard time. Sadly, this is now the world we live in...everything is messed up like that! I haven't bought appliances at Lowes but my daughter and her husband has. A year ago, they bought a new washer and drayer, a stove, and refrigerator. Let's just say that the stove came dented and had to be taken back, took a couple months to get a new one. They made 4 - 40 minute trips to finally get a working one. The refrigerator has just been replaced with a new one and I think they had issues with the dryer as well. They had really bad experiences with Lowes customer service.

I don't blame you a bit for wanting to speak out about it. If enough people would have been doing that, maybe things might be different now. I do believe it's everywhere though - every company with every thing we do.. There is almost always some type of issue to have to "fix".

The other day I went to buy some food grade buckets. Ended up having to go to 2 Home Depots to get 4 buckets and 2 gamma seal lids. One store looked at me like I was from mars when I asked if they knew where they kept the food grade buckets. Went to them and they only had 2, and the lids were way more than they were! Went to the second store and they had all kinds of the buckets, but not a lid one to fit on it lol

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Put the POS in your truck.

Drive to the store and tell everyone you see.

The Store sold you the item.

It won’t take long till you get a new one.

Yes, a new one or your money back.

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 07:23 PM
link   

You are very upset as you've worked hard for you money and would like to spend it on things that work like that should.

Take a deep breath.
Put it into perspective.
If you paid with a credit card dispute it.
Call the store manager.

Remain calm and nice.
Going on FB will do nothing.

Get an electric griddle to use in the meantime. It will all workout.

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bringittothelight
a reply to: schuyler

I wouldn’t attack the guy . I’d be pissed too . You pay good money to a giant corporation who make obscene profits by making a garbage product and not hiring repair guys and underpaying them and under training them .

I wasn't happy when my stove went out either. And I'm not "attacking," just saying that you owe it to yourself to be prepared. But this idea that "giant corporations are making obscene profits" is simplistic. Get over the politics and deal with the issue. A couple of points:

1) Nearly all these stoves are made in Korea, no matter what brand name they have on them. There is no longer any "domestic" appliance industry. I found this out when shopping for a stove. It's like Dodge vs Plymouth or Ford vs Mercury. Or more to the point: Amana vs Sears. There is no difference. Even the buttons are the same.

2) Local stores can't even find repair people to fix appliances. My favorite, which I used through three different houses, shut down their repair department and I lost the best repairman I had ever met. Repair firms are few and far between and busy as hell. We are basically at the point that "if you break it, replace it."

3) All the new stuff has a high level of electronics in them, and with electronics.a certain number will break within six months, or it will last for its entire service life. Look at a curve of failures and it is high within six months and tapers off to nearly zero past ten years. That's what your warranty is for. But that does not mean the store has an immediate replacement for you. Inventory is not that high. Home Depot my have two dozen stores in your area, but only one warehouse where inventory is kept. And I REALLY feel sorry for the delivery people, who are on a very short leash.

4) Nobody will buy a well-built product because everyone wants a deal. NOBODY wants to pay retail. You can buy a Back & Decker mixer for $24.95 at WalMart or get yourself a Kitchen Aid for $200 that is so tough it will be an heirloom handed down to your grandchildren. But people will buy the Back and Decker which will break after a year and then complain about shoddy products. Same with a coffee grinder. $15.00 for a centrifugal grinder that will break in six months, or buy a Kitchen Aid for $150 that will never ever break. If you're too cheap to buy good products, cheap is all you will ever get. The only guarantee is that you will complain about it.

There's no good reason why this guy's stove should have broken, but statistically speaking, a certain number will right out of the box. If you refuse to understand that, educate yourself. # happens. So deal with it instead of flinging your own # in every available direction.

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 07:39 PM
link   

With this mentally you’ll never be at peace. You’re just waiting for the next thing to anger you.

What a stupid reply.

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: VierEyes

What a stupid reply.

Thanks. I tried really hard.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join