It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shanghai a city ready to implode Screams from Buildings

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Apr, 10 2022 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Anyone following what is going on in Shanghai?

From my sources, and by sources I mean, Youtube/twitter/Tik Tok.
The 25 Million people in lock down have had enough. They are literally prisoners in their own homes.
There are videos of screams like hell on earth from high rise apartments. People are begging for food and supplies.
The very sad part is that people are jumping….. Yes, they are losing their will to live. Their babies are being taken away.

When people have no food, they have nothing to lose.

I’ve seen a few videos from Americans over there and it seems very scary.
How much longer can society tolerate this? I am hearing of friends getting Covid again.

I mentioned this is the year of the Tiger in Chinese Astrology. The tiger means conflict, but it is often the good that prevail. Maybe they have been pushed too far. Is this the straw that broke the camels back of the Chinese people.

See one of the videos of the screams in the link below.

www.thedailybeast.com...

Chilling Vids Show Locked-Down Shanghai Residents Screaming From Their Windows

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 10 2022 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Yeah, we were talking about it in another thread.

They are pretty much sealing them into buildings again, food is short, people are starving.

We just don't know why they are going to this extreme.

The Chinese are TERRIFIED of covid.

I assume there has to be a reason or maybe we got a bird flu outbreak they don't want to tell us about until they have had a couple weeks to let international flights spread it everywhere.

posted on Apr, 10 2022 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

The Chinese are TERRIFIED of covid.

I don’t think that is totally accurate.
These people don’t want to be locked up.

posted on Apr, 10 2022 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I've seen some of those videos and have been trying to follow what's happening, of course difficult with no open news out of China... The Chinese middle and upper class that have been flourishing for decades are NOT the poor rural people working in Christmas Village factories in the middle of nowhere. It's fascinating seeing this push back response. The one video I watched, gone viral by now, of the young man on the phone pacing and railing against the government--if he's representative of a younger generation of Chinese people, that titan in front of that tank did not stand up for nothing (no one EVER stands up for nothing, imo--standing up is its own victory). Anyway, no doubt about it, the young people of ALL nations coming up now are going to be PISSED at what's gone on these past few years; tigers indeed.
What tale shall serve me here among
Mine angry and defrauded young?

--Rudyard Kipling a reply to: JAGStorm

posted on Apr, 10 2022 @ 11:47 PM
link   

To imagine this one policy which some of the far left liberals had supported and wished they would push a zero covid policy in US States and EU countries.

posted on Apr, 10 2022 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: RedKaliBlack

I'm not so hopeful regarding the "young." It seems to me that many of them have been lulled into deep stupid action.

I've mentioned on this forum on several occasions how my own son, when I admonished him to think for himself, angrily replied, "I don't need to think for myself!" He is incapable of civilly discussing anything that goes against the narrative he's been fed. I asked him once how he felt about the fact that the people mandating he be injected were excluding themselves from the same injections. He literally became angry with me for asking the question, attacked me with false accusations, and then refused to discuss the question.

I think that he's representative of much of the mentioned "young people," at least in the US, likely the their western world. Perhaps the Chinese have had their belly full, but they have nurtured a brutal and unaccountable regime. Good luck to them.

posted on Apr, 10 2022 @ 11:55 PM
link   

What Jag you never Sussed it is filmed in the ghost cities crisis actors are busy and dummies are getting chucked out of the windows again and the bags of pets are destined for their pet food market anyway

The next thing will be exhausted workers falling over exhausted ,/ dying with COVID

posted on Apr, 10 2022 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Are we going to fall for this fake CRAP again? Remember Chinese folks where welded into their homes, people was dying in the streets?
Come on you know better.

posted on Apr, 10 2022 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

I asked him once how he felt about the fact that the people mandating he be injected were excluding themselves from the same injections

When I asked that I got silence. The person trying to convince me literally said I should listen to him because “He’s the smartest person I know” 🤪

He isn’t by a long shot, and people that are truly smart never have to say it.

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: INnEedOfgOD
Are we going to fall for this fake CRAP again? Remember Chinese folks where welded into their homes, people was dying in the streets?
Come on you know better.

It is almost impossible for us to really say one way or other. What is propaganda what is real?

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 12:17 AM
link   

My Wuhan new year posts got taken down very quickly when I pointed out they celebrate the lunar New year ,almost like they have a agenda those newspapers. And I don't think I will get a Christmas card this year again from battalion 77 headquarters

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 12:24 AM
link   

I remember when XI went around they were shouting "It is all fake" I also remember someone in a body bag having a smoke break. So whats the truth of it.? Since then I have come to the conclusion that what the news at six says, the complete opposite is nearer the truth.

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Come on you know better.

I have relatives (in-laws) in Shanghai and this isn't fake. The PRC cops and health workers and even armed soldiers are enforcing quarantines apartment building by apartment building and doing Covid testing in every building. If one person tests positive in a building they quarantine the entire building. They are promised food, and then not getting the food.

Some government quarantine facilities in Shanghai are dirt floor tents set up and squalid conditions that are asinine. Like semi-concentration camps.

This is insanity and it IS happening.

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I saw a video on Reddit yesterday of a man losing his **** at shangais lockdown. Very sad to watch... I follow a guy on Patreon who lives in China and he recently described how strict the lockdown is in Shanghai (excerpt below). It's crazy to think most cities have walls around them to stop people getting in and out, it's like Trumps wall on steroids lol.

I would remind people China isn't the only place to enforce such strict lockdowns. Some parts of Australia had very strict lockdowns where people were confined to their suburb, could only leave their house for an hour or two to get exercise, and this went on for months and months. Two different people in Melbourne burned themselves alive in protest. source source

Shanghai these days is strange. For the sake of pandemic control, the city of 26 million people has been split in two - East (Pudong) and West (Puxi). And each area is being locked down independently for 5 days. We live on the Pudong side and we're almost finished with our lockdown. Tomorrow (Friday) at 5 AM, we're set free and the other half of the city goes into lockdown.

Life in lockdown is pretty boring. We still get food deliveries so we're not going to starve. But we're not supposed to leave our homes. And certainly not able to leave our 小区 (xiaoqu). Depending on where you live, you may be able to actually go outside and walk around inside your 小区. We're fortunate to have an actual yard - and to live in a place with relatively low population density so that walking around inside the 小区 is allowed.

The notion of a 小区 is something core to why China has been able (so far) to control the pandemic so well. And I think more people outside of China should be made aware of this idea so here goes:

A 小区 (xiaoqu) - pronounced "shaow chu") translates to "community" in English. But that hardly captures the reality of the word in Chinese. It would be better to say "housing community" or "micro-district" or even better, "gated community."

Almost everyone in the major cities of China lives inside a gated community. Basically, a bunch of villas or apartment buildings contained within a single development and surrounded by an exterior wall (that wall often being an integrated line of shops, cafes, and other businesses that service the interior community).

Every 小区 has guarded gates that provide the only way in/out of the community.

And that's where the "magic" of China's pandemic control comes from. Those gates (and guards) that you normally view as keeping non-residents OUT... are quickly and easily made to keep residents IN. So during these waves of pandemic control, we are all effectively locked into our micro-communities.

edit on 11/4/2022 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 12:28 AM
link   
An update on Hong Kong. Parts of Hong Kong are on a don't leave your house.
Also if you test positive for covid, you MUST remain at home. VERY strong penalties apply. They are not messing around. I feel sorry for all the maids working in Hong Kong. Their masters are not going to be too worried about feeding them once food becomes scarce.

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Come on you know better.

It is almost impossible for us to really say one way or other. What is propaganda what is real?

At this time it sure seems like it.

I look at it kinda like some reverse jury duty. Everything is bs until proven true beyond a reasonable doubt. I've stopped reading news sites entirely. If there is nothing I can trust I don't see the point. Financial news is about the only thing I consume via direct links and things linked here.

I miss it because I've always been a news junkie, but there is no point. I'd rather watched scripted bs with beautiful celebs and happy endings than read scripted bs that always ends with my quality of life decreasing.

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

But why?

What is the Chinese authorities so terrified of?

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Ah, well that sounds much like a twenty one year old I experienced in-depth recently, only instead of anger he was like a robot, just repeating what was said from the mainstream and then shutting down. For younger kids, say five to seven, that's where I see a sharp kind of hope. But I live in a semi-rural area where the local kids are not online much, outside a lot and relatively independent (relative to my geezer days, anyway), and the urban friends I have with kids keep them limited with tech. That's the problem, even me and you sitting here on this site: tech is bloody addictive, and the connected world is hooked. The kids now were born into it. The 18 year old was hooked; never without his phone, even his watch was connected. And addict's habits in many ways. It's also now systemic in all our systems. No going back, good and bad (unless apocalypse conditions). The kids whose parents kept an eye on that, not to limit them from the tech, just the opposite, to give them the best of it and go with it as it moves, but to try as much as possible to keep the truly #e parts and addiction at bay--those are the kids that give me hope. Could work even for us geezers. ;-) a reply to: incoserv

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

How people can live in that penal colony set up is beyond me.
I was in a high rise in the city recently and I was getting ill from feeling the buildings natural movement. It isn’t natural. I’m sure people get used to it after a while.

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

But why?

What is the Chinese authorities so terrified of?

Loss of power

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join