It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The austerity of the austere

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2022 @ 05:32 AM
link   
The austerity of the austere

Austerity

“austerity
in American English
(ɔˈstɛrəti )
NOUN
Word forms: plural ausˈterities
1.  the quality or condition of being austere
2.  an austere act, habit, practice, or manner
3.  tightened economy, as because of shortages of consumer goods
Webster’s New World College Dictionary, 4th Edition. Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. All rights reserved.”

Words convey meaning through definition. Definition creates the basis for understanding within the context of conversation. Conversation is conveyed through the linguistic intent of the author or orator as they establish context through narrative and it’s shared association with the target audience.

Thus the audience laughs or the reader cries, when the meter of the narrative is synchronized with contextual definition as association is linked through compulsion. This compelling intention enables the author or orator to create captivation through the emotional coupling of association, with definition.

However.

Once one allows captivation through emotional connection in media. Surrender to narrative is used as a control mechanism designed to influence an emotional response within the target audience, and to direct thoughts that are equally influenced through this manipulation.

The target audience is manipulated, directed to believe the narrative regardless of fact or fiction.
Once the targets are invested in the narrative, the co-opted belief system is malleable and ripe for indoctrinative programming.

Austerity programming creates a willingness within the target to suffer. Willful suffering couched in terms of collective patriotic perceptions enabling a greater good, are insidious control mechanisms. Any group dynamic or individual, that surrenders will to subservience also surrenders intellect and logic.

The glaring honesty behind any austerity opining by government leaders, any claims of possible famine and food shortage is the fact that none of those making these claims, will ever suffer the hardships they compel their citizens to suffer.

The very corrupt nature of the public sector servant and the administrations they serve, will always insure they remain insulated from any strife or suffering they enact or plea the greater unwashed shoulder the burden of. Rather, they assume the austere.

Austere

“austere

(ɔːstɪəʳ )
1. ADJECTIVE
If you describe something as austere, you approve of its plain and simple appearance.
[approval]
...a cream linen suit and austere black blouse.
The church was austere and simple.
Synonyms: plain, simple, severe, spare   More Synonyms of austere
2. ADJECTIVE
If you describe someone as austere, you disapprove of them because they are strict and serious.
[disapproval]
I found her a rather austere, distant, somewhat cold person.
...an extraordinarily austere and puritanical organization.
3. ADJECTIVE
An austere way of life is one that is simple and without luxuries.
The life of the troops was still comparatively austere.
Synonyms: ascetic, strict, continent, exacting   More Synonyms of austere

4. ADJECTIVE
An austere economic policy is one which reduces people's living standards sharply.
...a set of very austere economic measures to control inflation.”

Thus, as western leaders openly state, “you’ll get nothing, and like it”. You can rest assured that they will be the beneficiaries of everything you will not get.Yet, they will collectively assume the faux face of righteous morality, as they feast, and toast one another on how insufferably easy the greater unwashed is to convince that a thing is indeed, not a thing. That suffering for idealism, for progressivism, is the very essence of character.

Thus, the audience or citizenry becomes captive, is captivated by the compelling intent of the author or orator, and surrenders intellect and logic to compelled emotion.

In the audience, or the reader, these are accepted norms that compliment the skill of the actor or author. In the citizen, these are deep flaws in character delineating a submissive surrendering of individuality and familial well being, to manufactured idealism.

Compelled self sacrificial suffering, is never the hallmark of healthy ideation, rather, it only serves to illustrate a programmed desire to be the object of usury.
This is the same self destructive behavior exhibited by the abused, and the trafficked.

This is the reality of the effectiveness and power of words and their definitions, and an equal illustration of the inherent receptivity to programming in beta, delta and omega populations.

The insidious nature of the reality of social stratification is well hidden beneath the skirt of consumerism. Once that skirt is removed through austerity, the ugly, naked nature of realism reveals the inherent truth of social servitude.

Austerity morphs then, into the austere, and the cyclical nature of human interaction continues it’s inexorable, endless grind.

Hopefully, as we are ground, we are also honed, that logic and intellect might whet a sharp understanding of what we have incrementally wrought through the somnambulism of our complacency.

YouSir
edit on 10-4-2022 by YouSir because: Added quotations…

edit on 10-4-2022 by YouSir because: Twice

posted on Apr, 10 2022 @ 05:38 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 10 2022 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Propaganda is a tool of ALL governments. The clue is in the definition of government.

posted on Apr, 10 2022 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade

Propaganda is a tool of ALL governments. The clue is in the definition of government.

Ummm…that statement is certainly fact…

However…

My treatise is focused on how such propaganda influences the citizen…and more succinctly…the mechanisms that accomplish the emotion and thought control…and finally…how the citizen reacts to these influences…

YouSir

posted on Apr, 10 2022 @ 06:52 AM
link   

How many outside of Russia adhere to Russian propaganda enough to effect them in the way the author of the thread descibes. What sacrifices have you made under the umbrella of Russian propaganda.

From my understanding you completely missed the point. Assuming Russian propaganda has that effect while ignoring the propaganda surrounding them is likely what the author is referencing.
edit on 4/10/2022 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2022 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Ummm…as Grenade stated…”propaganda is a tool of ALL governments”…

Only recognizing and commenting on a singular ideologies propaganda efforts…only suffices to illustrate the extent in which one has succumbed to and believed the propaganda spoon fed by their own ideology…

Impartiality would require honesty in this regard…

YouSir

posted on Apr, 10 2022 @ 07:19 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 10 2022 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

My personal reaction is to treat it all with a pinch of salt. The last place you'll find the underlying agenda for a war is in the rags. History is probably the best indicator when it comes to war, the patterns repeat and behind them you find the same old culprits.

posted on Apr, 10 2022 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Wrong thread
edit on 4/10/22 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2022 @ 08:20 AM
link   
lol you believe YouSir actually supports Putin? You clearly do not read what his posts or if you do read them they go far far over your head like this one did.

edit on 10-4-2022 by Athetos because: Me no word good.

posted on Apr, 10 2022 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

Post removed by staff

Ummm…look…sir…for the record…

I detest my own government…for all the obvious reasons…

President Putin and Russia has for decades attempted to have friendly relations with the west…at one point even to be considered Allies…

We could have had Russia on our side to counter China…

The west has instead backed Russia into a corner…disparaged them at every turn and pushed them into the arms of China…and we’re pushing India there as well…

Now we all get to witness the inherent stupidity of all the western leadership…as they purposely bring about the collapse of their own societies…

During this whole debacle I’ve been consistent in pointing out propaganda…and poking fun at those that swallow the narrative…

If that observation tweaks a nerve in you…then that’s your failing…not mine…

Have a nice day…

YouSir
edit on Sun Apr 10 2022 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2022 @ 09:08 AM
link   
When I was much younger I realized if I let my emotions take over in a situation things tended not to work out well; I can face something from an emotional perspective, or an intellectual perspective- but there's a fine balance if you're going to use both. Sooner or later, on perspective becomes dominant, and if it's the emotional aspect then sound reasoning and all objectivity flies out the window.

If a discussion gets too heated, I drop out before my emotions take over. We're all on autopilot, with our emotions- or 'gut' instinct program operating in our subconscious minds, helping us make decisions without resorting to a long, drawn out thought process. Advertisers have spent plenty of money on research to determine the most effective way to coerce people into buying their brand, and know a picture is the most powerful tool of all.

Just learning how the mind works, and how vulnerable we are to programming opens ones' eyes to whole new way of seeing the world we live in. One example is the TV ads for the 'poor neglected dying dogs and cats that desperately needs 1 million dollars to continue their great work and save more lives' told in a whispery, saddened voice really tugs at the heart strings when coupled with pictures of shivering, abused animals; so powerful that I had to look up their organization.

The ASPCA headquarters are in NYC. Lots of money is needed for overhead and CEO salaries; about 48% of it's budget. No money goes to local SPCA's around the country, but this 'charitable' organization has about $12 million offshore, mostly in the Caribbean, according to a CBS news investigation.
I donate to my local animal shelter where the CEO doesn't draw anywhere near the $950,000.oo salary as the ASPCA's top executive.

Anything using emotions to sway my thinking sends up warning flags, and I know to look a little deeper for the truth. The evening news has become 100% a programming tool; the stories the report on repeatedly should only rise to the level of a brief comment, and the stories that should be reported seldom are. The lack of coverage for the Truckers Convoy to DC is a prime example; it got mentioned in the news briefly and was seriously downplayed. Few people know how big it actually was, or how long they stayed in DC, driving in circles around DC. There wasn't even much on the internet, and what there was had titles like "Absurd trucker convoy jamming up the Capital Beltway".

There's a world of difference between being 'woke' and being 'awake'. Every time another person wakes up to the subtle programming those in control loose a little more power, and the desperate nature of the times seems to be waking more people up these days. We can only hope it will continue.

posted on Apr, 10 2022 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Right you are!

Emotions are the opposite of reason and rational analysis.

That's why so many people lined up to take experimental shots for a virus with a 99% survival rate, and it's why so many embrace pity for the Ukrainian people, not understanding how we came to this present situation.

Emotions are stoked by the highly skilled propagandists in government and media.

posted on Apr, 10 2022 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Nice to see a thread from you...

Hopefully, as we are ground, we are also honed, that logic and intellect might whet a sharp understanding of what we have incrementally wrought through the somnambulism of our complacency.

That sir, is quoteworthy.

posted on Apr, 10 2022 @ 11:02 AM
link   

You

President Putin and Russia has for decades attempted to have friendly relations with the west…at one point even to be considered Allies…

I just pointed out examples of government propaganda.

And… your still defensive

Ether your against it all, or your not. And it now seems it’s you who are biased. And defensive.

posted on Apr, 10 2022 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

I just pointed out examples of government propaganda.

Ether your against it all, or your not.

Ummm…do you even read what you write…?

I proof read everything I write…

You provided examples of…one…side of an argument…

Then proceed to claim…And I quote…natch…

”Either your against it all…or your not”

You have an indefensible one sided argument trying to foist itself as non-biased rhetoric…

And failing miserably…

Please…Sir…at least be honest with yourself…

YouSir
edit on 10-4-2022 by YouSir because: Cause me…likey…

posted on Apr, 10 2022 @ 01:38 PM
link   

You

You provided examples of…one…side of an argument…

I know ALL governments lie and use propaganda. And I am against it all.

Your the one that is defensive about actual examples.

posted on Apr, 10 2022 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Ummm…I’m a student of…the human condition…

It’s fascinating to me as well how many layers of justification an individual will exemplify in an effort to not upset their ideological apple cart…

I think being vulnerable to programming is partially predicated on the ego’s perceptual world view…and it’s intransigence to admitting it may be wrong…or operating under false assumptions…

I’ve noticed these behavioral inabilities many times while sparring with members here…it’s funny watching the lengths of squirm some use to not deny ignorance…to absolutely deny logic…and to shield assumptive ideology…

As to your last point…I’m not convinced that the intractable nature of the true believer allows room for gnosis…

I think it’s too much akin to Don Quixote tilting at his windmills…and unfortunately there’s no Sancho Panza psyche aspect to reign in the entrenched…

And then comes the overburden of the short attention span…and the next manufactured crises to re-emotionalize the easily led…

YouSir

posted on Apr, 10 2022 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Ummm…actually…I was looking for the membership to seriously critique my observations…to dig into the meat and ferret out inconsistency…

I wanted to start an in-depth conversation on the merits of my thought train and on the conclusions I’ve drawn.

I actually love to be critiqued…in a constructive fashion naturally…

The OP is not based beyond the definition’s provided…on any research…because to my mind these are obvious things…and beyond my own unique conversational structure and thought constructs…there is no need to use the work of any other in furtherance of opinion…

I do thank everyone that chose to comment and who might comment subsequent to this post…however…if there’s any real interest in being the change you wish to see…then please…delve deep…let me see the real persona hidden within the framework of the forum…

I raise a glass to you all…and especially to any that might take up the challenge to help hone my own edification.

YouSir

posted on Apr, 10 2022 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Something I learned in talking to a younger guy who wants to be a politician is that these people do, truly, view themselves as more capable than others.

Now, are they more capable than many? Sure. But, factually, the average bear is pretty average when thinking at national scale.

The reason why business owners, corporations, equity investors, successful professionals, etc. are the problem, in many ways to left, is because the better they do, the less you need the government’s help. Become Bezo’s and you’re above government.

Ironically, absolute power usually corrupts absolutely. Even the highest minded folks will get too high on the political power supply - and have to do many unfortunate things to get and maintain that power.

So, you’re right - they’ll rig a system to ensure they are inoculated from the impacts of their ideas. Because they want to stay in power - and they do that through influence, regulation, corruption and state-sanctioned extortion.

Happy Sunday!

top topics

join