It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army helicopters crash near Fort Stewart

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2022 @ 08:53 AM
link   
www.msn.com...

Seems like a strange accident. I served in a Medevac unit in the Army.

I'm wondering if any ATS members might know more about this incident.

posted on Apr, 7 2022 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Salander

This is the first I'm hearing of it.

It’s not clear how Bellew was able to start at least one helicopter without waking the crew or otherwise alert others who may have been on or around the airfield, such as emergency services personnel or air traffic control staff.

www.armytimes.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2022 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

It’s not clear how Bellew was able to start at least one helicopter without waking the crew or otherwise alert others who may have been on or around the airfield, such as emergency services personnel or air traffic control staff.

www.armytimes.com...

WTH intentionally destroyed, what does that infer?

Captain James Bellew, 26, died on March 30 around 2 a.m. in an "incident" at Wright Army Airfield, an Airport that serves both Fort Stewart and the city of Hinesville near the Georgia coast. It is not clear at this time what happened leading up to the crash or Bellew's exact involvement. While details about the crash are scarce, Army Times reported that posts to private social media groups claimed both helicopters were intentionally destroyed. The publication could not verify that information, however.

Currently, the Army considers the crash an "incident," not an "accident," because the determinations behind the crash are still being determined, he said.

posted on Apr, 7 2022 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: Bigburgh

www.armytimes.com...

WTH intentionally destroyed, what does that infer?

Captain James Bellew, 26, died on March 30 around 2 a.m. in an "incident" at Wright Army Airfield, an Airport that serves both Fort Stewart and the city of Hinesville near the Georgia coast. It is not clear at this time what happened leading up to the crash or Bellew's exact involvement. While details about the crash are scarce, Army Times reported that posts to private social media groups claimed both helicopters were intentionally destroyed. The publication could not verify that information, however.

Currently, the Army considers the crash an "incident," not an "accident," because the determinations behind the crash are still being determined, he said.

Well, if I'm reading this correctly.
Best they thoroughly investigate this before dragging somebody's name through the dirt. They were clear that this was Not an accident.

posted on Apr, 7 2022 @ 12:19 PM
link   
The CID is treating it as deliberate and opened an investigation. He was the only person on board, and the rest of the crew was sleeping in their quarters.

posted on Apr, 7 2022 @ 11:36 PM
link   

This is odd, strange that the end of the article they praised Bellow and said basically he’s going to be missed. To me that indicates even though he was the only one in the bird he isn’t a suspect??

posted on Apr, 8 2022 @ 04:45 AM
link   
The Ambien defense, maybe?

posted on Apr, 8 2022 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Because they won't say anything about him until the investigation is done.

posted on Apr, 8 2022 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Thanks for the comment.

Yes, if he was alone on the helicopter while the rest of the crew were in quarters, it is very mysterious.

I guess earlier rumours that it was a midair were false?

posted on Apr, 8 2022 @ 07:52 AM
link   

He began to taxi the helicopter that he was in, by himself, got airborne, and collided with the second helicopter, which was parked and shut down.

posted on Apr, 8 2022 @ 07:55 AM
link   

That sounds plausible to me.

I wonder why the pictures in the media show a wrecked something that doesn't look like a UH-60 in a downtown open field?

posted on Apr, 8 2022 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Because the video is of an R-22 that suffered tail separation in flight in Rowlett, Texas. God only knows why they used that.

posted on Apr, 8 2022 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Thanks again!

I can't help but wonder if the picture was by mistake or on purpose...

posted on Apr, 8 2022 @ 11:39 AM
link   

The Army hasn't (or hadn't at the time) released any pictures of the accident so they probably needed filler and decided one helicopter was the same as another.

new topics

top topics

join