It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Discovery of the Hall of Records.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+45 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2022 @ 06:00 AM
link   
It's ironic that the serial debunker of Fringe Theories Jason Colavito has done more than anyone through examination of primary sources established that there was an ancient tradition of a Hall of Records containing Ante-Diluvian knowledge dating at least as far back as the composition of the Gilgamesh epic, and that later subsequent traditions such as this relating to the Pillars of Seth or variously the Pillars of Tubal Cain, or the tradition of Ante-Diluvian texts inscribed on The Pyramids, or the Atlantean Hall of Records buried beneath the Sphinx are all derivative of the earlier tradition.

A tablet found in the library of Assurbanipal related the tradition to Adapa as preserving Ante-Diluvian knowledge;

I learnt the lore of the wise sage Adapa, the hidden secret, the whole of the scribal craft. I can discern celestial and terrestrial portents and deliberate in the assembly of the experts. I have read cunningly written text in Sumerian, dark Akkadian, the interpretation of which is difficult. I have examined stone inscriptions from before the flood, which are sealed, stopped up, mixed up.

Berossus is quoted as describing this tradition;

[Kronos] therefore enjoined [Xisuthrus] to write a history of the beginning, procedure, and conclusion of all things; and to bury it in the city of the Sun at Sippara… [After the Flood, Xisuthrus told his family], that they should return to Babylonia; and, as it was ordained, search for the writings at Sippara, which they were to make known to all mankind […]. And when they returned to Babylon, and had found the writings at Sippara, they built cities, and erected temples: and Babylon was thus inhabited again. (Syncellus, Chronicle 28; Eusebius, Chronicle 7)

Jason Colavito considers;

Despite many claims in the academic literature that the buried pre-Flood writings are first seen in Berossus, we can now see that the myth of pre-Flood writings dates back centuries before Berossus. When Assurbanipal states that the writings were in “difficult” Sumerian and Akkadian, he is almost certainly obliquely confirming that the actual writings in question were early Sumerian and Akkadian texts from the first centuries of cuneiform, which by the seventh century BCE were difficult to read.

It is well known that the Mesopotamians believed that wisdom survived the Flood. In the Epic of Gilgamesh 1.6 and 1.9 Gilgamesh “has brought knowledge from farther back than the Deluge… and has engraved on stone stelae all of his labors.”

We know from the Enochian literature that the authors of the Watchers myth were inverting and diabolizing Mesopotamian beliefs, rendering their heroes into monsters (e.g. Gilgamesh in the Book of the Giants) and their sciences into the false knowledge of fallen angels (1 Enoch 8)

Testimony of the Watchers.

It can be seen then that all traditions of an Ante-Diluvian Hall of Records are derivative of the tradition relating to Sippar including that of Free Masonry and the Pillars of Seth/Cain, the knowledge was not contained on two stone pillars but distributed in the Libraries of the twin Cities of Sippar that existed on both banks of the Euphrates.

Despite the fact that thousands of cuneiform clay tablets have been recovered at the site, relatively little is known about the history of Sippar. As was often the case in Mesopotamia, it was part of a pair of cities, separated by a river. Sippar was on the east side of the Euphrates, while its sister city, Sippar-Amnanum was on the west.

Sippar has been suggested as the location of the Biblical Sepharvaim "the two booktowns" in the Old Testament, which alludes to the two parts of the city in its dual form

The extensive libraries of Sippar were likely established there for cultic reasons with the principle Deity of the City Utu/Shamash having association with light and truth as the Sun God. Excavations at Sippar have taken place at the archival library related to the E-Babbar/White House Ziggurat Temple complex.

Visiting the two mounds on late December 1880, Rassam decided to begin excavations at Abū Habba (Sippar-Jahrurum) on January 1881. Working for roughly eighteen months, Rassam excavated 130 out of a total of 300 estimated chambers

Rassam’s mission was to find as many tablets as possible and in room 55 he fulfilled it by unearthing between 40,000 to 50,000 tablets . These were mostly administrative and economic tablets with only a few scholarly and school tablets

Across the courtyard, on the northern part of the complex, room 355 would have been a more valuable prize. There a Late-Babylonian library (c. 635–550 BCE) with about 800 tablets still on its original shelves was found in the late 1980s by a team of Iraqi archaeologists led by Walid Al-Jadir.

Finding Sepharvaim

Again it's ironic that fringe authors generate excitement towards the discovery of a Hall of Records in locations were such will not be found yet they completely disregard the excavations that have been ongoing at the actual site for 140+ years.

In the late 1980s a team of Iraqi archeologists led by Walid Al-Jadir made a rare finding in the Šamaš temple (= Ebabbar, in the cuneiform records) at the site of ancient Sippar . In room 355 Al-Jadir’s team unearthed a full collection of about 800 library tablets from the Neo-Babylonian and Achaemenid periods c. 635–550 BCE still on the shelves where they had been placed more than 2,000 years ago

These shelves actually comprise big niches made of mud bricks – each with a profundity of c. 70 cm – which covered three of the four walls of the room. Hymns, epics, astronomical and ritual series were found there. The considerable depth of the niches and the high number of tablets stored in each of them (about 60 tablets) made accessibility difficult

Libraries and Archives

As to what became of this, who knowns, but very little has been translated.

Looters at Iraq's National Museum of Antiquities pillaged and, perhaps, destroyed an archive of more than 100,000 cuneiform clay tablets -- a unique and priceless trove of ancient Mesopotamian writings that included the "Sippar Library," the oldest library ever found intact on its original shelves.

The Lost Sippar Library

Perhaps we are "protected" from learning such records.

The ancient traditions speak much of how Ham, the son of Noah, who was infected with these superstitious and sacrilegious arts, knowing he would not be able to bring such books of records up into the ark, in which he was to enter with his righteous father and pious brothers, had these wicked and profane devices inscribed on sheets of metal and hard stones that they might not be destroyed by the waters of the Flood. When the Flood had reached its end, with eagerness for knowledge he searched everywhere for these same, which he had concealed; thus, he transmitted to future generations the seedbed of impiety and everlasting iniquity.

edit on 7-4-2022 by Madrusa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2022 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Madrusa

Great find! Thanks for bringing this to ATS!

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2022 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Great thread and well put together OP!

I personally think that the hall of records has already been found but has been suppressed from humanity. The culprit? The Vatican, just as they have many items from the library of Alexandria hidden away in vaults in their secret archives, they likely have possession of most, if not all of the contents from the hall of records.

All roads lead to Rome as they say.

There have been whistleblowers who worked high up in our government but mostly from large private contractors and corporations (who fleece the US government for services rendered or to be rendered, and allowed by our so called "elected officials")
Who have come forward about visiting the secret archives multiple times while working for these corporations that have Special Access Programs and Black Projects (we can't FOIA request from these companies).

They have seen incredible documents, books, carvings, etc all the way to ET or ancient technology stored away there. Also there is apparently a huge ancient city underneath the GIza pyramid area which is tightly controlled by the Egyptian Antiquities Authority and the " World Government ". There is stuff down there that would blow our minds.

Unfortunately, because of power and control, they keep this information from us to keep us ignorant and to only believe the mainstream narrative because " professor so and so said there is no way this exists " or "University of whatever debunked claims of this". The people and professionals that want to get the truth out are ridiculed, denied research grant, and may have their lives ruined (or even ended) just for trying to put new information forward that totally debunks the accepted narrative. The good thing is that I notice those " widely accepted narratives " are slowly falling apart.

It's funny sometimes, in their attempt to keep the official narrative, that the debunkers end up giving more ammunition to those challenging the narrative.

S&F OP!

posted on Apr, 7 2022 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: BerkshireEntity

Yes that's what i suggested, that what would constitute the actual basis for a Hall of Records tradition has already been found at Sippar which was a great ancient library before that of Alexandria, because Judaic tradition would see any supposed Ante-Diluvian records/knowledge as the basis of all evil in terms of their Fallen Angels tradition then there are certainly going to be special interests concerned with what should be known regarding such material, particularly if it counters their narrative.

posted on Apr, 7 2022 @ 07:41 AM
link   
What an absolute disgrace, to loose, or let be destroyed, that much historical information.

Whether intentional, or unintentional.

We really suck sometimes.

posted on Apr, 7 2022 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Read Zecharia Sitchins' 'The 12th Planet'.He was one of 250 people who could translate and read the Sumerian cuneiform writing plus several other languages(Akaddian etc.)He is more believeable than half the crap they teach in school!

posted on Apr, 7 2022 @ 09:10 AM
link   
With regards to the antiquity of the E-Babbar Sippar Temple complex, when restored during the Neo-Babylonian period the King had to dig down to the depth of 18 cubits to discover the foundation platform, and by his estimation that was 3,200 years old.

...the temple of the Sun-god at Sippar was restored by King Nebuchadnezzar, but forty-five years later its walls had fallen in, as we learn from an inscription of Nabonidus, the last native king of Babylon, who restored the temple once more, perhaps for the last time.

For Shamash, the judge of heaven and earth, E-babbara, his temple which is in Sippara, which Nebuchadrezzar, a former king, had rebuilt, after searching for its platform-foundation without finding it—that house he rebuilt, but in forty-five years its walls had fallen in. I became anxious and humble; I was alarmed and much troubled. When I had brought out Shamash from within it and made him take residence in another house, I pulled that house down and made search for its old platform-foundation; and I dug to a depth of eighteen cubits, and Shamash, the great lord of E-babbara, the temple, the dwelling well-pleasing to him, permitted me to behold the platform-foundation of Naram-Sin, the son of Sargon, which during a period of thirty-two hundred years, no king among my predecessors had seen.

It is also known that earlier the Suteans had stolen the statue of the Sun God.

From an inscription of Nabupaliddin, king of Babylon, who reigned in the first half of the ninth century B.C., we learn that at some period the temple of Shamash at Sippar had been ruined in an invasion of a hostile people, the Sutu, that the image and insignia of the god had disappeared, and had been vainly sought for by the king of Babylon

Interesting facts about Shamash.

posted on Apr, 7 2022 @ 10:14 AM
link   

This has nothing to do with the topic, thread or anything, so please feel free to remove this post, I just realized that the word 'Discovery' consists of 'Very' and 'Disco'. I wonder if the inventor of the word thought it's 'Very Disco' to Discover something..

posted on Apr, 7 2022 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: BerkshireEntity

As fanciful as those claims sound....a simple use of LIDAR would prevent a huge underground city from being hidden no matter how hard they tried.

The secret that you believe in is kinda rendered moot by the use of technology.

Just like as much as I like the Lagina brothers on The Curse of Oak Island---there is a clear reason they wouldn't use lidar or GPR to map the money pit.

posted on Apr, 7 2022 @ 12:05 PM
link   

The legend of the Hall of Records comes from the Emerald Tablet of Thoth. Which describes an underground hall, lake and maze under the pyramid and Sphinx. Real or fake it’s an interesting read.

posted on Apr, 7 2022 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

Wasn't that a product of Neo-Thesophy?

the neo-Theosophist Maurice Doreal (Claude Doggins), the author of the Emerald Tablets of Thoth the Atlantean, often cited in fringe literature as genuine ancient texts from Atlantis.

Although Doreal claims that he found and translated these tablets—named for the ninth-century Hermetic text to which it bears little resemblance—in the Great Pyramid of Giza in 1925, this is an almost certain fiction, and the “translations” weren’t published until the late 1930s or 1940s.

A Lovecraftian Plagiarism

a reply to: Shoujikina

I don't think you're discovery is correct, the term simply indicates not covered.

Dis- is a negative prefix. It means not or none. When we add dis- to the beginning of a word, we give it the opposite meaning.

posted on Apr, 7 2022 @ 12:46 PM
link   

The legend of the Hall of Records comes from the Emerald Tablet of Thoth

Are you sure about that, I thought Edgar Kejsi is the first to mention that in his productions.

posted on Apr, 7 2022 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Great trade very refreshing this is what ATS is all about

posted on Apr, 7 2022 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Even if it is a forgery Edgar Cayce also channeled it, so what further proof do you need?
I’m not sure what the theosophists were up to with their claims but they did uncover things passed on through secret society’s

I take your premise is that a real hall of records was found in Separhvaim? I’m not disputing that. Just pointing out what people think of when mentioning the hall of records.

posted on Apr, 7 2022 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I'd much rather know the actual ancient secrets than the location of the box they were once stored in.

The occult seems to be millennia of BS, loosely based upon millennia more of the accumulated works of those who excelled in BS for their time.

posted on Apr, 7 2022 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Yes as you said at least it will be a good read if influenced by Lovecraft but that is kind of a hard act to follow in terms of an actual historic Hall of Records, i'm sure most will prefer to await the discovery of the fictional version though.

a reply to: chr0naut

But Mesopotamian tradition can be taken as deriving from Ante-Diluvian sources, so in a sense their texts indicate those ancient teachings.

During the time that follows this period, nothing new is invented, the original revelation is only transmitted and unfolded In the oral tradition of scholars, their role as mediators between gods and men is indicated by the Akkadian phrase ša pî um-mānī “from the oral tradition of the masters”

The entire corpus of crafts like exorcism, medicine, omen interpretation , ritual lamentation , and astrology consisted of “secrets of the scholars” (ni ṣirti ummānī ), and “secrets of the antediluvian sages” (ni ṣirti apkall ī ).

All texts of traditional Mesopotamian scholarly sciences, both practical and theoretical, were secret documents

All crafts used in royal building and renovation projects was attributed to that of the antediluvian sages. In a Neo-Babylonian building ritual text from Babylon the prayer “When Anu created heaven” is cited, which explicitly says that Ea created these craftsmen in the beginning of time

The scholars as a class were considered descended from the Apkallu.

To find mentioned by name scholars who would be remembered hundreds of years later in the tradition is somewhat remarkable.But it is even more remarkable that these scholars, along with a couple of mythological sages and the god Ea, are placed alongside other, presumably less celebrated scholars, many of whom we know absolutely nothing beyond what this text preserves. This suggests the genealogical relationship to antediluvian sages extended to all scholars as a class

Focusing on the ummânù, the implication of the text is rather clear: the human, post-diluvian scholars are the direct professional descendants of the earlier semi-divine apkallu

Ante-Diluvian origins of evil

posted on Apr, 7 2022 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Interesting, perhaps the war in Iraq was because of finds not shared by Saddam freely with those who coveted it.
We here all know of the strange timing of the break-in at the museum in Egypt and how something with writing was taken while other objects taken were dumped in trash in the city.
This from memory so i could get details wrong but it was all discussed on ATS.

Was the tomb of Gilgamesh real and what about the letter from Hillary Clinton
Hillary Clinton letter reanimation chamber Gilgamesh?

posted on Apr, 7 2022 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

I'd much rather know the actual ancient secrets than the location of the box they were once stored in.

The occult seems to be millennia of BS, loosely based upon millennia more of the accumulated works of those who excelled in BS for their time.

If it were not of the way of thinking of people you often show disgust for, there would be no innovations and no progress of "science" at all.

posted on Apr, 7 2022 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I have always wondered if ancient records would be books or another communication form. Just 50 years ago, if we saw a CD or USB drive, we would probably think it was art or a tool - never considering it to contain information or there would be a tool needed to access it.

posted on Apr, 7 2022 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Funny you mention the box they were stored in isn't that a Mormon thing with the Golden tablets .

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join