It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DuckDuckGo and its Move on ‘Disinformation’ Betrays its User Base

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2022 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I switched away from duck duck go a little while ago. I'm giving Qwant a try now.

posted on Apr, 7 2022 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

if something is to good to be true it usually is

posted on Apr, 7 2022 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I noticed yesterday that Duck-Duck-Go removed the article with video of the Ukraine "corpse" pulling the blue tarp back over his shoulder after a gust of wind caught a corner of it.

Now I understand why that article/video suddenly vanished from Duck Duck Go.

What happens when you type in NED, NGOs,color revolutions on that search engines?

posted on Apr, 8 2022 @ 12:00 AM
link   
What about Dogpile? That one has been around for decades.

Dogpile search engine

posted on Apr, 8 2022 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Google caucasian inventors and look at the images for a good laugh and a hint at where google lies.

posted on Apr, 8 2022 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth
Google caucasian inventors and look at the images for a good laugh and a hint at where google lies.

Interesting indeed.

posted on Apr, 8 2022 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I get a tons of captcha when using yandex, I can't use it, same with brave because I search too fast

posted on Apr, 8 2022 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Florian23

yandex is slightly better.

posted on Apr, 8 2022 @ 05:27 PM
link   

It seems it's been rectified, but "english people history" used to be a right hoot when you clicked on images. You'd think England was in Africa.

Still giving the goods on "white man white woman" though.

posted on Apr, 8 2022 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAiIsLying

It seems it's been rectified, but "english people history" used to be a right hoot when you clicked on images. You'd think England was in Africa.

What's been rectified.?

posted on Apr, 8 2022 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I noticed yesterday that Duck-Duck-Go removed the article with video of the Ukraine "corpse" pulling the blue tarp back over his shoulder after a gust of wind caught a corner of it.

Now I understand why that article/video suddenly vanished from Duck Duck Go.

That actually was misinformation, it was a protest of sorts to my understanding.

posted on Apr, 8 2022 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAiIsLying

What's been rectified.?

That search now yields mostly images of the actual people who have historically lived in England instead of the African and Moorish images that it used to serve up.

Guess someone at Google thought that was a bridge too far.

posted on Apr, 9 2022 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I only started to use DDG as an alternative to Google when I was told a out it here years ago. I now need new alternatives. Yandex will do for now until I do further research. Someone else mentioned brave??

posted on Apr, 10 2022 @ 09:01 AM
link   
It's interesting how some will call Google and people who watch / use Google "sheep".... but yet they will jump through hoops to find a search engine that gives the specific results that fit their narrative. That's awfully sheep'y as well

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 12:30 AM
link   

I recall thinking to myself years ago when DDG first came around, "What an excellent ruse to make people think their searches are actually private"

I've never once believed DDG was "better" than Google or any other search engine. I mean come on...DDG makes their money in 2 ways...Advertising and Affiliate Marketing.

They are literally IDENTICAL to Google and every other search engine. They just came up with a better line of BS to get people to use them.

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 06:04 PM
link   
"As detailed by Bleeping Computer, privacy researcher Zach Edward recently discovered that, while DuckDuckGo's browser stopped sites like Facebook and Google from using trackers to scrape user data, Microsoft's websites — including LinkedIn and Bing — bypassed this blockade entirely. It goes against the search engine's biggest selling point, and more specifically, undermines the entire reason the DuckDuckGo Privacy Browser exists." I have been lurking for a decade or two and usually don't post much, but thought this was interesting. Can't trust anyone nowadays. Funny that this was on MSN.

www.msn.com... d420880fbf

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Truthfully (no pun intended) US residents live behind a digital curtain. Just today I noticed more threads citing UK sources than US sources due to the death of the news cycle in the US.

You know, I've noticed in the last year or two that so much of the important news I read 'about' and 'from inside the USA' comes from OUTSIDE the USA. I even make a comment once recently on ATS. But it's weird to read about news that should be all over our MSM only being evident on other countries websites.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I really like Mojeek. I used to just go to mojeek.com from safari, but now I don’t even think about safari anymore. I just use the Mojeek app for everything I used to use google/chrome/DuckDuckGo for… if people only knew how much their searches and stuff were being manipulated. I couldn’t believe it, I almost still can’t believe how biased, damn near censored, all those mainstream browsers are…

Now I always recommend that people try for themselves, and every person I’ve told has had the same reaction I had, they couldn’t believe how much they were actually being influenced on what to believe and feel. It’s so outrageous that it is really hard to not get extremely pissed off, honestly.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Thanks dude!

originally posted by: interupt42

Funny I made a comment about ddg and google appearing to hide ,filter, or reduce ats searches yesterday.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Had to use brave search
search.brave.com...

and russian yandex to find the posts inside ats
yandex.com...

both brave and yandez came back with ton of hits while ddg and google came back with nothing or irrelevant posts.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join