It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay male cruise - yay or nay?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
a reply to: IAMTAT

It's too late now and my priorities have changed.

Mama get back out there...somewhere there's a Guatemalan cabin boy out there with your name on it.

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
I have learned watching old news reels,never use an Italian
CruiseLine's.Their crews have a tendency to abandon their
passengers if a disaster happens.

I don't blame them, you ever see the scustomato they allow onboard? I'd toss them a cinder block.

posted on Apr, 7 2022 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I see on YouTube there's literally hundreds of clips and different options to look into.

If I was in the US I'd take one of those shorter cruises round the Caribbean, or even a river cruise.

In South Africa I'd probably choose something local, that just goes up the West or East coast to Angola or Mozambique respectively.
(I'm not sure we even have that much choice for exclusive passenger cruises, without the extra cost and schlep of first flying to Europe or America.)

As for lgbt+ exclusivity, I think I got a bit carried away there with the pervasive political discourses, although from what I see most cruises do actually have separate spaces only for kids and teens and then pubs and events for adults only.

It's not really a prerequisite for everyone on the cruise in general to be this or that.
As long as there's the spaces to be single and mingle, also for gay guys.

It comes down to affordability I guess, and hoping there's not a new Covid outbreak soon.

But since I started the topic, here's an option:

edit on 7-4-2022 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2022 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Not speaking from experience, but apparently if you're not a gambler, big shopper and can stick to the inclusive drinks and food package, the accommodation on the bigger lines isn't really that costly.

I've even spoken to people who were upgraded because the ship wasn't full enough.

That's probably not going to include your "pink Dollar", world tours or tuxedo and ballroom niche markets, but there should be a package out there for the average person.

Shop around.

posted on Apr, 8 2022 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I simply love watching YouTube clips on different cruises for now.

Not only is it deeply relaxing (nice just to watch and drift off to sleep), but being guided through various ships is also very avant-garde as far as decorating, architecture and food is concerned.

I mean here you find a microcosm of consumer styles (even art), that have to remain highly attractive and marketable.
It's like a floating "catalogue" (remembering the 1980's) of popular culture/high culture design options.

Of course spaces vary with different ships and markets, but I think even if one is just thinking of opening a cake shop round the corner, there's probably a lot one can learn about being up to date, and what's trending right now.
edit on 8-4-2022 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Although, I'm not sure I'd trust myself with tons of alcohol, eligible bachelors and instant same-sex weddings on board.

Waking up with a massive hangover:
"Oh, and who are you again"?
"I'm your husband, silly".

OMG!
On what deck are the divorce lawyers and courts?
We're afraid that's not our problem.

(Of course only joking about myself here, not committed same-sex couples who may have tied the knot on cruises.)
edit on 14-4-2022 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Too much temptation with drink, for me.

Like those buzzers or bells in Thailand's "agogo" bars.
You know you shouldn't press or ring them.
Although everyone will applaud and cheer you for a moment.

Because once you do, that means you have to buy everyone in the bar a drink, including "ladies" rushing in from behind the curtain and down the street you've never seen before.

There goes the cost of your two-week holiday in one instant, and tomorrow you must phone the bank and family to fly home.

But still, that flashing buzzer looks more seductive with every sip.
The little devil on my left shoulder: "Oh common, have your 'Dr. Strangelove' moment".
edit on 14-4-2022 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join