It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ariel School UFO incident Zimbabwe 1994

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: peaceinoutz
Unfortunately, this incident like all other powerful ufo events has a limit to its effectiveness as a harbinger of ufo experience. So, we have this legitimately interesting event as we have others where there’s little doubt of its authenticity. But so what, what does that enlighten us about? Nothing.
It only enhances the mystery and doesn’t have any answers.
I mean, what’s the point?

I think the answer is in one particular ufo flap that we all know about but don't get the messages therein...
It's like solving a puzzle.

Who knows? not gonna lie though if UFOS aren't real, it's bit concerning how many people believe in it fervently

Ironic that you should say that I was pondering all the high-profile stories Ive heard about and read books and watched numerous documentaries it is always disappointing as hell, in the end, they lend endless speculation. From Fire In the Sky to Rendleshem to Betty and Barney Hill every case is gonna leave more questions than answers. Even threads on here bloom up and then die down only to regrow the next few years. It's frustrating but it's entertaining and sometimes better than current events. Which I post way too often too.

posted on Apr, 3 2022 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I just noticed how different the drawings of the UFO is.
Not saying they are making it up, because I believe they saw something that day.
Perhaps it is some sort of power to control how their appearance is to others.

posted on Apr, 3 2022 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6
Sorry for the delay in replying. No I don't mind sharing a bit more at all.
I was just turned 15 when it happened. My sister 3 years younger and my friend a year younger than myself.
We were given time off school to do our ballet exams. We were on our way from Amlwch to Benllech so heading due South out of town.
To the west (or right hand side if you are in the car with me) is an ancient copper mine mountain called Parys Mountain. On the other side of that is the tiny village of Rhosybol where the girls playing netball were.
I had turned to speak to the girls in the back, remember this is UK so on left side of road, and as I did, I saw it. A long, vertical, cigar tin shaped HUGE 'thing'.
I immediately said "what is that?" and everyone looked and saw it. Mum actually stopped the car and said "Well, that's no airplane!" Not that it matters but mum was 55 then. Born and bred in Amlwch and was very used to all sorts of planes as we have RAF Valley on Anglesey. Everything from the Red Arrows training to the Vulcan were based there over the years.
The usual excited conversation ensued.
To give some perspective as to how big it was.... you know those photo's of people leaning against the Tower of Pizza, or holding the sunset in their hands? Well if I had taken a photo of my outstretched arm, it would have looked as though I was holding the 'tube' in my hand.
Anyways we got home later that evening, told dad all about it and of course he dismissed it as a weather balloon or some such, even though mum said no way.
Anyway, I think it was the next day it was all over the Welsh 6 o'clock news. Well, you should have seen my parents faces

Turns out, after dad died, I was at home with my girls visiting mum. She liked to mark off on the newspaper what she was going to watch on TV that night. Anyways she handed me the paper and said "I don't know, you pick what to watch at 9pm. I took the paper and the only thing that interested me was X Files! I was hesitant because I thought it might be a bit 'out there' for mum, but I suggested it anyway because the other programmes were completely naff. I was astounded when she said "Oh! You know what that is? You watch it?" I said I did and thoroughly enjoyed it. Mum, bless her said, with a huge smile on her face, "Oh, I'm so glad, it was your dad's and my favourite programme!" Well who knew!!!!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 3 2022 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

I saw an odd thing in Germany once while riding a train. The location would have been not too far from Würzburg.

I was gazing at the scenery looking out the window and I noticed a side of a large, jet passenger plane. It appeared to be low enough that it was either taking off or landing.

What was odd is that as the train moved on, the perspective from which I could see the jet did not change, and it did not appear to change location.

So we've all probably seen the illusion of a landing aircraft appearing to 'hang' in the sky as it slowly comes in. But I would have thought that my viewing angle would at least change a bit. It didn't.

Even odder, above and to the "left" of the plane was what looked like a smaller copy of it, maybe 1/4 the size of the airplane I first noticed. It was also a side view. It also did not appear to move, and kept its spatial relationship with the "larger" aircraft below and to what I perceived as "to the right".

After watching them for a while, I mentioned the sight to my wife and asked if her if she saw the same thing. She looked at it a while, and I mentioned it seemed odd they didn't appear to move. Shortly thereafter, our train entered a tunnel and when it emerged, I was no longer in a position to look back where I had seen the "airplanes".

Later, I looked around on the internet to see if there were tethered balloons in that area that looked like aircraft, but found nothing on that topic, or anything else that might have explained what I saw.

I suppose it could have been two aircraft inbound for landing at Frankfurt-Main, but the view and lack of perspective change was quite odd.

Cheers
edit on 3-4-2022 by F2d5thCavv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2022 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

Unfortunately, this incident like all other powerful ufo events has a limit to its effectiveness as a harbinger of ufo experience. So, we have this legitimately interesting event as we have others where there’s little doubt of its authenticity. But so what, what does that enlighten us about? Nothing.

I think the answer is in one particular ufo flap that we all know about but don't get the messages therein...

Who knows? not gonna lie though if UFOS aren't real, it's bit concerning how many people believe in it fervently

Ironic that you should say that I was pondering all the high-profile stories Ive heard about and read books and watched numerous documentaries it is always disappointing as hell, in the end, they lend endless speculation. From Fire In the Sky to Rendleshem to Betty and Barney Hill every case is gonna leave more questions than answers. Even threads on here bloom up and then die down only to regrow the next few years. It's frustrating but it's entertaining and sometimes better than current events. Which I post way too often too.

I’m not lamenting the lack of answers just reporting about it. On the face of things, it's clear there is a limit to what we can know; It's that simple. These things are so elusive so what can we know. Individuals through occult or intuitive means may know something but that knowledge for the most part is not transferrable to others. So, were talking about we the general public knowing, and that’s up in the air( no pun intended).

posted on Apr, 3 2022 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: peaceinoutz

Individuals through occult or intuitive means may know something but that knowledge for the most part is not transferrable to others.

you show real wisdom sometimes.

posted on Apr, 3 2022 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear
a reply to: peaceinoutz

Individuals through occult or intuitive means may know something but that knowledge for the most part is not transferrable to others.

you show real wisdom sometimes.

Yeah, I got to stop that.

posted on Apr, 3 2022 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
Sorry for the delay in replying. No I don't mind sharing a bit more at all.
I was just turned 15 when it happened. My sister 3 years younger and my friend a year younger than myself.
We were given time off school to do our ballet exams. We were on our way from Amlwch to Benllech so heading due South out of town.
To the west (or right hand side if you are in the car with me) is an ancient copper mine mountain called Parys Mountain. On the other side of that is the tiny village of Rhosybol where the girls playing netball were.
I had turned to speak to the girls in the back, remember this is UK so on left side of road, and as I did, I saw it. A long, vertical, cigar tin shaped HUGE 'thing'.
I immediately said "what is that?" and everyone looked and saw it. Mum actually stopped the car and said "Well, that's no airplane!" Not that it matters but mum was 55 then. Born and bred in Amlwch and was very used to all sorts of planes as we have RAF Valley on Anglesey. Everything from the Red Arrows training to the Vulcan were based there over the years.
The usual excited conversation ensued.
To give some perspective as to how big it was.... you know those photo's of people leaning against the Tower of Pizza, or holding the sunset in their hands? Well if I had taken a photo of my outstretched arm, it would have looked as though I was holding the 'tube' in my hand.
Anyways we got home later that evening, told dad all about it and of course he dismissed it as a weather balloon or some such, even though mum said no way.
Anyway, I think it was the next day it was all over the Welsh 6 o'clock news. Well, you should have seen my parents faces

Turns out, after dad died, I was at home with my girls visiting mum. She liked to mark off on the newspaper what she was going to watch on TV that night. Anyways she handed me the paper and said "I don't know, you pick what to watch at 9pm. I took the paper and the only thing that interested me was X Files! I was hesitant because I thought it might be a bit 'out there' for mum, but I suggested it anyway because the other programmes were completely naff. I was astounded when she said "Oh! You know what that is? You watch it?" I said I did and thoroughly enjoyed it. Mum, bless her said, with a huge smile on her face, "Oh, I'm so glad, it was your dad's and my favourite programme!" Well who knew!!!!

Rainbows
Jane

Thank you so much for sharing, I always listen to personal accounts here on ATS. Especially when it's a famous one.

One question how much did it impact your life,? did you ponder it over and over? or was it something you thought of every now and then?

Thanks

posted on Apr, 3 2022 @ 03:39 PM
link   

I’m not lamenting the lack of answers just reporting about it. On the face of things, it's clear there is a limit to what we can know; It's that simple. These things are so elusive so what can we know. Individuals through occult or intuitive means may know something but that knowledge for the most part is not transferrable to others. So, were talking about we the general public knowing, and that’s up in the air( no pun intended).

Not sure what you mean by "occult" as in demonic or even "intuitive" factors. Either you had an incident/encounter or you didn't. If there is going to be any place you can impart wisdom and get some basic understanding it would be here on ATS.

Hell if nothing else throw out a link or 2 to support your hypothesis, I want to understand where you are coming from.

posted on Apr, 3 2022 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Not sure what you mean by "occult" as in demonic or even "intuitive" factors. Either you had an incident/encounter or you didn't. If there is going to be any place you can impart wisdom and get some basic understanding it would be here on ATS.

Hell if nothing else throw out a link or 2 to support your hypothesis, I want to understand where you are coming from.

I’m not talking about personal experiences but their meaning overall. What is behind these aliens' acts?

In the 50s and 60s were the space brothers, and later the wild ideas from the Bennewitz: aliens are evil school of thought. Then the environmental or peace on earth motivation, and the Dr. Jacobs theory of alien hybrid intervention, etc. I don't have any hypothesis... The various beliefs in this regard speak for themselves.

posted on Apr, 3 2022 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Indeed, maybe the most convincing sighting ever.

They were trying to raise funds for a new film. Looks like they were successful. Can't wait to see it!
www.arielphenomenon.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2022 @ 03:09 AM
link   

One question how much did it impact your life,? did you ponder it over and over? or was it something you thought of every now and then?

I just accepted it for what it was, I'd seen a UFO for myself. I guess the follow up incident at 18 compounded that belief.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 4 2022 @ 04:22 AM
link   
A legit and very very interesting encounter, this is one I wish was shared more often. Thank you for posting

posted on Apr, 4 2022 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Speaking of the Broad Haven incident and Wales in the 70s, I happened to be reading some old British journals and found a summary of just some of the cases in Pembrokeshire during 1977. The summary itself was published a year later in 1978. Thought it might be of interest:

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 09:05 AM
link   
This IMO is the biggest news story of all time that's also the most ignored. I've always heard there were 62 kids who witnessed it, and basically or literally no adults (at the Ariel School itself). I'd bet that if even just a few of the witnesses could be thoroughly and properly interviewed today, and the interviews properly publicized and otherwise covered by the media (yeah, right), it almost certainly would easily, TRULY change the world as we've known it.

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Plunkenstein

"and basically or literally no adults (at the Ariel School itself)."

That's the impression I've gotten from the later reports. The adults were inside for a staff conference during the time of the visitation. That's another suggestive coincidence, along with the event happening only a day and half after the well-publicized late evening overflight of a massive 'UFO mothership', that was all over the local news the next day. The two most sensational UFO events in the country's history, and within 36 hours of each other. I'm still puzzling over the potential implications of that timing.
edit on 6-4-2022 by JimOberg because: typo

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Backagain
"Teachers also saw it"

Most accounts I've read are explicit in saying there were no teachers outside during the encounter. Can we find any better sources for your comment?

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

I'm still puzzling over the potential implications of that timing.

At least in part, priming of the subconscious minds of the students?
There certainly must have been a lot of buzz.

That's not to denigrate that something was seen, mind you.

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

At least in part, priming of the subconscious minds of the students? There certainly must have been a lot of buzz.
That's not to denigrate that something was seen, mind you.

Thanks for the frank, thoughtful response. With all the buzz, what sort of 'somethings' might have been seen?

If we assume it really was an alien spacecraft, why would =IT= have responded to the 'buzz', and then pick the one hour that the grownups were all inside the school?

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 09:41 PM
link   

That is a very interesting question.

I'm always interested in how psychology, group-think
and primed expectations may be factors in (likely)
misidentifying something.

I don't know ANYONE personally who believes that there
are alien spacecraft visiting us, but give other explanations,
some quite anomalous, so I'm not saying there aren't very
unusual events that occur at times.

In this particualr case,

Hind noted that the different cultural background of the children gave rise to different interpretations of what they had seen and they did not all believe that they had seen extraterrestrials.[1] She noted that some of the children thought the short little beings were tikoloshes, creatures of Shona and Ndebele folklore.[1]
ref: wikipedia

is what I find most interesting; when there is some sort of state of hyper arousal of
the brain, different people see markedly different things.

Now I have heard people say that the kids were 'coached', or that they 'colluded',
but that doesn't make any sense to me, as there were different stories about
something anomalous,, not just one 'too perfect story'.

But I don't know... there's not currently enough information to come to any
definitive conclusions, that I know of.
edit on 6-4-2022 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join