It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SHORT STORY WRITERS CONTEST for April-May 2022 --SP2022-- WINNERS ANNOUNCED

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+34 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 10:06 PM
link   
This is an Official ATS Short Story Writers Contest!

It is open to ALL members of ATS.

This area is a safe place for our 'mighty fine creative minds' to gather. If you'd like to participate, know that the Terms and Conditions of your membership are strongly enforced. You are not in the Mud-Pit. Profanity, Political baiting, Personal attacks, are not allowed or welcomed at all. Want to talk about something else? Then go to the other forums here at ATS. We only discuss the stories in here written by YOU, the membership.

Your Entry Has to be Original Fiction & posted in it's own thread HERE in the Short Stories forum,. Then in this contest thread, create a post with a link to your story. If you need any help with Spelling or Grammar-checking, Word-Counting, and more please visit; Writer Tools; Spell Check and More

Your Story Should be written and edited with proper paragraphs. We have noticed that stories copy & pasted from 'mobile devices' might lose their formatting. Please review how it looks on the ATS Thread and add the proper editing (as you have only about 20 minutes to make edits/corrections). This is a contest, no one wants to read a solid block of words.

"The END" needs to be at the bottom of your story, it wont add to the wordcount.

You will be awarded "Writer" Status if you win 1st or 2nd in the non-writer category, please add in your title 'non-writer'.

The contest will run from NOW to Sunday, May 1, 2022. Any submissions after that date will be disqualified. A period of ONE WEEK after the closing of the contest will be provided for reading & voting.

Contest Winners get to choose the next Contest Theme. This contest theme is courtesy of our last winner TerraLiga, and is entitled; "SPRING" [SP2022]

SPRING... Spring could be season inspired or maybe more vague like a leap (of faith), a jump off somewhere or maybe even a propulsion up a leader board or career ladder, etc.
So, there it is!
How you perceive the idea of SPRING is entirely up to YOU!

RULES OF ENTRY (are simple)

* Entries must be original fiction. ATS members cannot be characters.
* Entries MUST include -SP2022- in your Stories title. ( e.g. When Spring was a Thing -SP2022- non-writer )
* No word-count limit (in this Current contest), but remember it is a 'SHORT STORY' Contest. Stories that run past the OP are accepted but no points given for additional posts.
* You need to post a link to your story here in this contest thread so others know that you made up an entry.
* You must stay within the Terms and Conditions (please read)

WINNERS and SCORING

ATS "Writer" status, prizes as follows:
1st -- 5 Applause, and gets to choose the next contest theme (Repeat winners can choose to pass to another for the theme of a future contest).
2nd -- 3 Applause
3rd -- 1 Applause

non-writer will receive the following:
1st Place -- 3 Applause & Writer Status
2nd Place -- 2 Applause & Writer Status
3rd Place -- 1 Applause

How the Contestants get points to win all depends on you! You can give FLAGS to your favorite story and add STARS to your favorite stories opening post.

We then tally up the scores of 'Flags' (worth 2 points each). And 'Stars' in the opening post (worth 1 point each)

And that's it! Got a question? We're happy to try and answer anything about the
contests/rules etc. But ENJOY this new contest, GOOD LUCK, HAPPY READING and HAVE FUN!

Note: New OP contest format, image selection and artwork thanks to JohnnyAnonymous.
edit on Thu Mar 31 2022 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

And the Winners Are!!!!!!!!!
edit on Tue May 10 2022 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue May 31 2022 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Have a good time with this one Members... Really looking forward to your Stories!

Johnny
edit on 3/31/2022 by JohnnyAnonymous because: Just because...

posted on Apr, 1 2022 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

This one was fun too. Hope people enjoy it.

Springtime In Afghanistan

posted on Apr, 1 2022 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Degradation33

This one was fun too. Hope people enjoy it.

Springtime In Afghanistan

I did enjoy it and congrats for being the first story to get us off and running!

Johnny

posted on Apr, 1 2022 @ 10:21 AM
link   

The Mountain Laurel is in bloom, the bluebonnets are showing their glorious presence, and the does of our neighborhood whitetail deer population are Very pregnant.

Can’t wait to read all the stories.

posted on Apr, 1 2022 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Onlyyouknow

Must be nice to be able to revel in spring this early.

We northerners still have few week wait.
The geese and ducks are back, claiming their nesting areas.

Should be a great contest!!!!!

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Ok Folks...... the Contest is officially afoot. Now, where will you take us?

edit on 4/3/2022 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 06:36 PM
link   

For once, I'm early with my entry...

The Spring of Life

Thanks again for organising the contest!

edit on 2/4/2022 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2022 @ 01:35 AM
link   

edit on 4/5/2022 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2022 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Okey Dokey... Some of you are probably really enjoying Spring and why not I say?

So while we patiently wait for your story submittal... let me go off the beaten path with a quick little concept story.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Being a God who believes everything they created and cook up is perfection itself, this has to be one of my favorite seasons to work with. I mean who doesn't love the whole SPRING vibe and this one is going to be a duzzy!

We'll start with these lovely white Fluffy Marshmellowy clouds against the sky blue background. Oh Yeau, I like that. And lets get these mountain tops melting a bit of their snow, and then that melted water can flow down the canyon's into the valley below.

We simply must have some new Spring flowers of all colors scattered amongst the sea of large green grass flowing in the wind. And over near the lake, the Robins are singing in the nearby Pine Trees.

Lastly, we need to start poking the Sun's head up over the mountain-tops and illuminating the Valley below. Deep shadows are cast upon as the daybreak has arrived and.....

"Please put your spatula and tools of the trade down as your time is up"! A great round of applause arises from the large masses gathered, the Announcer continues; "The judging will now begin on tonight's Spring-themed Cake Contest.

Christ looks down at the other Deities creative works, wondering if they were a threat or not.

Satan isn't going to get any extra points for making a Blood-Red Devil's-food Lava Cake, he did the same cake three years ago, but what the heck did Buddha dream up over there?

The End
Johnny

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyAnonymous

That's Great, Johnny!

What will the first prize be? A Galaxy?

And a Black Hole for the wooden spoon prize.

edit on 6/4/2022 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 09:27 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2022 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Flying By The Seat Of His Pants.

Enjoy, and thanks for the opportunity and inspiration to put this one in writing Johnny.

posted on Apr, 7 2022 @ 11:33 PM
link   

We did it SP2022 www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2022 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I have enjoyed reading the Story Submission's to date. And I can't wait to read yours too!

posted on Apr, 9 2022 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Here is my story,hope you all like it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Wonderful Stories so far, why not share with us yours?

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyAnonymous

Wonderful Stories so far, why not share with us yours?

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Hey everyone the 15th (tomorrow) will mark the official Halfway point of the Contest, can't wait to read your story.

Speaking of stories... Here's my "Just for Fun" story attempt
Boogertown SP2022 (Just for Fun)

edit on 4/14/2022 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2022 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Friends... we have arrived to the downhill slope of the contest. It's time to get your thinking caps on. We need to read your story.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join