It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ain Dara’s Footprints

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 04:35 PM
link   
How did I miss this? Don't remember this in my Mysteries of time and space series. Sadly, these questions will now never be answered. In January 2018 it was reported that the Ain Dara Temple was largely destroyed due to airstrikes by the Air Force. still, the origins and the who, what when where, and how still fascinate me.

The temple may be gone but the questions remain. Who was the temple for? Who made the footprints? It is puzzle we may now never solve.

www.historicmysteries.com...

Deep in the arid lands of northern Syria can be found an archaeological site like no other. Ain Dara consists of a complex of buildings, built around a large central temple.

But what sets the apart are the giant footprints that climb the stairs to the entrance. Far too large to be human footprints, and indented into the solid rock, some believe that these are the footsteps of god, entering his house.

The Mysterious Footsteps
The outstanding and unique feature of the Ain Dara temple is the giant footprints that are found on the limestone threshold blocks. The footsteps lie at the entrance of the temple, and measure about 3 feet (1m) in length.

One of the giant footsteps is found on the floor of the portico, then two together, with a final one at the entrance of the main hall. The distance between the footsteps is nearly 30 feet (9.1m). This implies a huge stride, and would suggest whoever was envisioned as having made them would be about 65 feet (20m) high, a giant indeed.

Furthermore, there are marked similarities between Ain Dara and the Temple of in the Bible. Whatever this coincidence of design means, and whatever the origin or these footprints, the temple provides a powerful reminder of the times when gods were thought to walk among human beings.

edit on 31-3-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Thank you for posting very interesting indeed! I have never seen this either.

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Yeah, they were clearly carved into the rock. Neat though. Lots of, or was lots of, very interesting stuff in Syria.

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ARM1968
Yeah, they were clearly carved into the rock. Neat though. Lots of, or was lots of, very interesting stuff in Syria.

Of course they were carved is the most likely explanation, but why?

#1 It had to take a little while to carve those bastards out, why spend all that time on something that seems so superficial?

#2 Who was it for? did it really make them feel better having the giant footprints ie what purpose?

#3 Was it just somebody tagging?

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I love this stuff! I often wonder what would happen in the case of another ELE where only a few thousand people from a third world country managed to survive world-wide destruction.

As their population grew and they gained knowledge they would surely begin to explore the world. If they found a few relics remaining around the world they might see them as clues to past civilizations. Perhaps part of the Statue of Liberty remained; would they think ancient ancestors worshipped giant woman-god? Would the remains of the Space Needle be considered proof that the ancients had a close working relationship with ET's?

If you read the short book 'The Adam And Eve Story' by Chan Thomas (PDH online) it opens a whole new realm for mental gymnastics.

Good stuff!

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 05:18 PM
link   
They aren't my footprints, I have never walked barefoot in setting cement. I was not around back then either, and my footprints may be big but I don't have that big of feet.

I wonder if the people who laid the cement back then got pissed at the giant that walked on it before it set?
edit on 31-3-2022 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
I love this stuff! I often wonder what would happen in the case of another ELE where only a few thousand people from a third world country managed to survive world-wide destruction.

As their population grew and they gained knowledge they would surely begin to explore the world. If they found a few relics remaining around the world they might see them as clues to past civilizations. Perhaps part of the Statue of Liberty remained; would they think ancient ancestors worshipped giant woman-god? Would the remains of the Space Needle be considered proof that the ancients had a close working relationship with ET's?

If you read the short book 'The Adam And Eve Story' by Chan Thomas (PDH online) it opens a whole new realm for mental gymnastics.

Good stuff!

I mean hell it could have been 2 drunk stone carvers on the way home and it is really ancient graffiti

I love this stuff too, I vaguely remember stories about sites being destroyed by ISILholes but didn't remember the Turkish Airforce hitting a dig of importance.

What happens if we had solid irrefutable evidence that giants walked the earth? Would it spark a religious renaissance? I don't know but if you believe some of the stories, you could see why certain governments wouldn't want such information out.

edit on 31-3-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
They aren't my footprints, I have never walked barefoot in setting cement. I was not around back then either, and my footprints may be big but I don't have that big of feet.

I wonder if the people who laid the cement back then got pissed at the giant that walked on it before it set?

Im more curious at why carve it at all?

Why have huge footprints carved out at the entrance of a temple?

Did the owner not pay those that built the temple and this was those workers getting back at them.

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 05:45 PM
link   

If you look at a map the old kingdom of Bashan where the Giant king Og lived is quite a distance away. Maybe another Giant king lived there?

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 06:57 PM
link   

# 4 are trolls really a new phenomenon

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 07:47 PM
link   

It’s probably there as a marker where to stand and do some sort of prayer or bow and then go into the temple.

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Randomname2

It’s probably there as a marker where to stand and do some sort of prayer or bow and then go into the temple.

So it's a traffic sign ...

I could see that sounds logical, so the size is just to emphasize you stand here before entering and walk here and kneel.

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Here are some pictures from 2014,

Ain Dara

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Bigfoot had social distancing guidelines to get in the temple to kiss the boot of it's government overlords as well? The "New Normal" is a replay.

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Perhaps they were carved as sockets for a free standing statue to give it stability and guide to erect it. Perhaps over the years in the desert erosion diminished its depth?

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 09:55 PM
link   

I've never heard of this one. Great find.

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Sorry, those are not prints made by any biological unit except those using tools. I could see carving it in tribute if your gods were giants, then using the prints to bring people to the temple as an ad gimmick. "We have a piece of the true cross here on display, only $5"
edit on 31-3-2022 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2022 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Hey Putnam, hope you are well.

Thanks for posting, I love this sort of stuff and is part of what’s kept me an ATS member since 2010 (have a profile I lost the password for)

posted on Apr, 1 2022 @ 02:15 AM
link   

In January 2018 it was reported that the Ain Dara Temple was largely destroyed due to airstrikes by the Air Force.

Turkish Air Force.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 1 2022 @ 02:38 AM
link   
it sounds cool.

pity that its gone.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join