It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This one actually irritated me

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Will Smith giving a smack down to Chris Rock is all over the news right ?

A Black man slapped another Black man, but it's not Will's fault. It's the White man. He caused this.

It's not that a man insulted your wife on a very sensitive subject on live TV in front of millions of people, you lost your cool and gave him a slap, nononono.
It's all ...

'This is about a much larger systemic issue rooted in white supremacist culture'

Some are even blaming Trump.
www.foxnews.com...

"This is about a much larger systemic issue rooted in white supremacist culture designed to police the behavior of Blacks amongst the who’s who in Hollywood and beyond. Respectability politics suggest that equity and fair treatment require that Black people — both inside and outside of Hollywood — conduct ourselves in a manner deemed acceptable to whites," Hoskin wrote.

God knows how their little mind works, but there it is.

Like many situations, I like to turn this on it's head and see how the Woke crowd responds. If you agree it's the White man/Trump's fault, you should have no problem with this :

I am White. So is my wife. My wife and I walk out of a store. Another White man insults my wife and I punch him. When I get in front of a judge, I simply explain that it's Obama's fault and the systemic violence in Black culture.

Perfect sense right ? I walk out a free man.

Now, personal opinion, I think Will did good. You insult my wife, no matter if it's live TV or a Wal Mart parking lot, you're gonna get punched. I don't give 2 sh**s about your color, you don't insult my wife.

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 11:04 AM
link   
*Shakes head...
I can't even with this woke crap anymore. My brain cannot comprehend the absurdity of even half of it.
About the incident...I myself sided with Will. Until it made the rounds that the show was sponsored by Pfizer who are selling a new drug for alopecia. Was the incident staged? Who knows. Just seems highly suspect and I trust little these days.
Regardless...imho...Chris Rock has a very slappable mouth...no matter what is coming out of it.

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

They're so wrong, it's not even wrong anymore.

It's some whole new thing.

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I was going to insult your wife but i really don't want to make a strong man feel all helpless because he cant slap me over the Internet. Oh wait I forgot violence is an action of dispair already...

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 11:16 AM
link   
As far as the OP article goes, that person is just grasping at straws at this point. God forbid someone tell Will Smith he is an idiot for this.

Having been to a comedy club, where everyone is free game, there is a big difference between a random guy insulting your wife, and a comedian making a joke, no matter how bad it is.

Sorry David, I agree with you most of the time, but not here. Idiot should have never handled it the way he did.

But personally, I think it was fake anyway.

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
As far as the OP article goes, that person is just grasping at straws at this point. God forbid someone tell Will Smith he is an idiot for this.

Having been to a comedy club, where everyone is free game, there is a big difference between a random guy insulting your wife, and a comedian making a joke, no matter how bad it is.

Sorry David, I agree with you most of the time, but not here. Idiot should have never handled it the way he did.

Right?
Can you imagine Don Rickles in today's world? He'd be shot during the first 5 minutes of his stand-up routine.

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Everyone behaved badly here... no one has the moral high ground.

But interestingly enough, I was lurking on some Black-centered forums, and it's largely come down to blaming Jada in particular and Black women in general.

I think it's one of those times when people are going to see what they want to see and blame who they want to blame.

For myself, I think it was an easy and obvious joke, with no real malice intended, and that Will had a bee up his butt about something else that exploded in that slap. I'd personally be pissed if my husband did this. I'm perfectly capable of standing up for myself and speaking for myself, and would not appreciate having that taken away from me. Especially by my husband!

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Soon the white man will be in chains...

Hate whitey...and straight people....the new America!!

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

I am White. So is my wife. My wife and I walk out of a store. Another White man insults my wife and I punch him. When I get in front of a judge, I simply explain that it's Obama's fault and the systemic violence in Black culture.

Nope. That would be cultural appropriation.

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 11:53 AM
link   
edit on 31-3-2022 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 11:59 AM
link   

It was as staged as Kauffman's outbursts.

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom

From a woman's perspective, I agree with you whole-heartedly. As a wife, I know my hubby would do the same- or worse- to anyone who dared to insult me....except his mother, but that's another story. lol

When I was much younger I believed if a woman was POTUS there would be no wars. It seemed to me the world leaders should be replaced with women; the peacemakers.
When Hillary ran for POTUS I saw how wrong my thinking was, and now- with Kamal being a scary, possible POTUS I hope I never entertain such insane thoughts again.

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

largely come down to blaming Jada in particular and Black women in general.

Yes I read this too. Funny that everyone wants to blame everyone but the one that did the Sllllllllllllllap.

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 12:30 PM
link   
This Will Smith slapping thing has reached a whole new level.

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: AccessDenied
*Shakes head...
I can't even with this woke crap anymore. My brain cannot comprehend the absurdity of even half of it.

I quit trying to understand it long ago. It's not worth it. It's all nonsense.

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Yes I read this too. Funny that everyone wants to blame everyone but the one that did the Sllllllllllllllap.

Right??? And then they wonder why nothing changes... or actually gets worse. Sheesh!!!

Pretty crazy too is that no one is calling out the Academy itself for encouraging and promoting and rewarding violent content in sooooooo many Hollywood productions. Or the bad behavior of so many "stars" that keeping getting big jobs in their industry. Seems a little hypocritical to me for the Academy to be acting all shocked and outraged when violence is literally their bread and butter.

Here's one piece of work that worries far more than a random slap: 'I will bury you and your sl*t wife': The Flash's non-binary actor Ezra Miller is accused of threatening and robbing couple who bailed them out AFTER karaoke bar arrest in Hawaii

Haven't seen any outrage from Hollywood or the Academy over this...

edit on 31-3-2022 by Boadicea because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Pretty crazy too is that no one is calling out the Academy itself for encouraging and promoting and rewarding violent content in sooooooo many Hollywood productions.

Why wasn't he arrested?

I laughed my butt off on that.
Boy, would that put them in a situation.

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Why wasn't he arrested?

Good question. I know it's being said that Chris Rock didn't want to press charges, but that hasn't been a thing in Cali for a long long time. Crimes are no longer considered crimes against a person, but against the state, and the state decides when/if to press charges. That came about because of reluctant victims who felt threatened if they pressed charges or testified in court, so it was taken out of their hands and put in the hands of authority. So the whole "Chris didn't want to press charges" just doesn't fly.

I would also assume that LAPD was on the premises providing security for the event in some capacity, so could have quickly and easily done their job. Unless they were told it was staged? Maybe the Academy didn't want the publicity 🤣

Boy, would that put them in a situation.

Sure would -- and one I'd love to see!

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 06:12 PM
link   

So I guess the tribal wars we see in Africa are how Utopia is reached? That seems to be what they are implying.

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Yeah, I heard that - somehow a black man slapping a black man for possibly insulting a black woman, is white people's fault. I can't even understand HOW that logic works... but it's so sick and insane, it's actually a bit funny. What can you do about these people if not laugh at them?

It's all becoming a big comedy, and it would be hilarious, if the consequences weren't so racist and dire.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join