It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dozens of Russian troops ‘fall ill with radiation poisoning’ at Chernobyl

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2022 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Shook

It happened, the new enclosure has been complete for a while now.

Silly russians lived in trenches they dug into the irradiated soil near Cherynobol for a month and got sick.

posted on Apr, 4 2022 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

In my best russian vocie,

Well, I'm not uptight
Not unattractive
Turn me on tonight
'Cause I'm radioactive
Radioactive

posted on Apr, 4 2022 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I heard on the news this evening that Russians were in fact digging trenches in the exclusion zone around the plant. I know follow orders and all that...but damn...you have to be pretty special to dig in heavily irradiated soil and not expect to get dead.

You have to realize most if not all of those soldiers would have little or no understanding of what Chernobyl even is or was... take what the average American soldier knows... then halve it, and halve it again and you have probably the average knowledge base of an average Russian solider. You had intercepted Russian soldier communications talking about being amazed that every Ukrainian house had a toilet in it for crying out loud lol.

Russia is the revisionist history king, hell they went ape # over the Chernobyl mini series and the Kremlin tried or did make their own version that put the blame on the CIA for causing it supposedly.

Those soldiers and even their commanders telling them to dig trenches int eh Red Forest had no idea where they were in terms of historical significance... hell most of if not all of them are so young Chernobyl was 16+ years before they where even born.
edit on 4-4-2022 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2022 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

That’s the FIRM isn’t it?

Totally forgot about that song LOL.

Great choice.

posted on Apr, 4 2022 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthOfStuff

yes it is.

there are two tunes that pop in to my head when i hear or read something about radiation

The Future's So Bright (I Gotta Wear Shades) and Radioactive.

edit on 4-4-2022 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2022 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato
a reply to: putnam6

In my best russian vocie,

Well, I'm not uptight
Not unattractive
Turn me on tonight
'Cause I'm radioactive
Radioactive

Haven't thought about the The Firm in decades Box of Frogs too , damn take me back to 1984...

posted on Apr, 23 2022 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
I thought the Ukrainians controlled Chernobyl .

You know that the Russians invaded Ukraine and occupied the Chernobyl plant for something like a month or more right?

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: rnaa

originally posted by: Gothmog
I thought the Ukrainians controlled Chernobyl .

You know that the Russians invaded Ukraine and occupied the Chernobyl plant for something like a month or more right?

First I heard the term "controlled" .
Although , I guess using the laws of probability , there is a first time for everything .

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: BigfootNZ

I have heard and am inclined to believe, but without any hard evidence, that Russian troops were using maps that were printed OVER A YEAR BEFORE the Chernobyl accident and did not describe the exclusion zone.

The troops were told to 'dig here' so they dug.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join