It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dozens of Russian troops ‘fall ill with radiation poisoning’ at Chernobyl

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 09:02 AM
link   
It's weird 10-15 years ago, I would have accepted this as probably true, now however seems like propaganda. Or are US Intelligence capabilities so sure they are baffling Putin? Now which sounds more logical? Who knows? is it dangerous is it not? is it somewhere between, and how come such varying degrees of information on this.

www.livescience.com...

Since 2011, when the exclusion zone was deemed safe to visit by site managers, growing numbers of tourists have also flocked to visit the area. While parts of the zone remain dangerously radioactive, visiting is relatively safe as long as tourists are led by experienced guides, according to Responsible Travel. The zone itself is a little over two hours drive from Kiev. Visits take one day, starting and ending with passages through official checkpoints to measure exposure to radiation, according to the State Agency of Ukraine on Exclusion Zone Management.

metro.co.uk...

Dozens of Russian troops ‘fall ill with radiation poisoning’ at Chernobyl

Russian troops withdrawn from the Chernobyl nuclear power site are being rushed across the border to a special medical facility in Belarus with ‘acute radiation sickness’, it has been claimed.

However, an employee at the Ukrainian state agency overseeing the exclusion zone said ‘irradiated’ Russian soldiers were being whisked by the bus load to a clinic in Gomel for treatment.

Yaroslav Yemelianenko wrote on Facebook: ‘Another batch of Russian irradiated terrorists who seized the Chernobyl zone was brought to the Belarusian Radiation Medicine Center in Gomel today.

then there is this....

www.responsibletravel.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Well tourists are there for not even a full day, being monitored for radiation exposure.

How long have the soldiers been there?

I'm also seeing the soldiers were digging trenches (no clue how true that is).

I'm also seeing they were inside the red forest, which isn't somewhere tourists are allowed. It's considered highly contaminated still. So, it doesn't seem comparable.

edit on 31-3-2022 by Atsbhct because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Who knows what’s true and what’s not. But if true…well….that’s FUNNY.

Karma is undefeated.
edit on 31-3-2022 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: captaintyinknots
Who knows what’s true and what’s not. But if true…well….that’s FUNNY.

Karma is undefeated.

I know right, that's kind of my point is Russia's military so inept, they send troops into areas without Geiger counters or precautions? On top of proper gear?

I find it difficult to believe the only places they could safely pull back are chocked full of radiation and it is sending troops home because of it.

More likely a squad got lost in a heavily radiated area.

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 09:22 AM
link   

If true, then I guess that means the soldiers didn't follow the same rules/guidelines given to tourists. I'm sure they could have easily found that info online.

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
I know right, that's kind of my point is Russia's military so inept, they send troops into areas without Geiger counters or precautions? On top of proper gear?

Shades of the original Chernobyl disaster.

"Please to pick up smoking piece graphite bare hands, comrade, is no dangerous and not just explode from very safe RBMK reactor."

edit on 31-3-2022 by AugustusMasonicus because: Cooking spirits since 2007

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I thought the Ukrainians controlled Chernobyl .

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

Well tourists are there for not even a full day, being monitored for radiation exposure.

How long have the soldiers been there?

I'm also seeing the soldiers were digging trenches (no clue how true that is).

I'm also seeing they were inside the red forest, which isn't somewhere tourists are allowed. It's considered highly contaminated still. So, it doesn't seem comparable.

You do know people who live in the exclusion zone? it's not so cut and dried. Lol not saying they won't have issues but it sounds like Ukraine perhaps embellishing the story a bit.

www.responsibletravel.com...

The area around Chernobyl has been reclaimed by nature and vegetation has slowly enveloped roads, buildings and vehicles. Wolves, lynx and wild boar live without fear of man in the forest. There is also the human side to Chernobyl, in the now elderly people that chose to defy the original Soviet government evacuation order and return to their homes, and who are welcoming to curious visitors interested to hear their stories.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Personally, I think almost everything we're hearing about the war/Russia/Putin is propaganda. >90%.
If the Russians were so inept, why is Zelynski negotiating a ceasefire that includes not joining NATO, and formally giving up Crimea and the Donbass?

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Yes, it seems like propaganda, I read the article, I am sure if tourist are allowed to visit certain areas, I guess is safe for everybody else.

Unless this soldiers wandered into the restricted areas I do not see why they are getting sick.

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 09:32 AM
link   

I don't know what to think. But, I saw a news story that showed a satellite picture of a convoy of trucks and tanks they said was going through the Red Forest kicking up a huge dust cloud, that they said was radioactive.

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 09:33 AM
link   
How do we know it's not the covid vaccine causing them to fall ill?

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
Unless this soldiers wandered into the restricted areas I do not see why they are getting sick.

If they were in the restricted area digging trenches than it would not surprise me if they got sick.

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
Personally, I think almost everything we're hearing about the war/Russia/Putin is propaganda. >90%.
If the Russians were so inept, why is Zelynski negotiating a ceasefire that includes not joining NATO, and formally giving up Crimea and the Donbass?

Ummm…it is refreshing to see persons who formerly claimed they believed the MSM is…”fake news”…and…”Russia…Russia…Russia”…out themselves as true believers in western propaganda…

It’s ever so funny to watch chameleons do their chameleon thing…

…I salute their…ahem…consistency…

YouSir

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Ummm…it is refreshing to see persons who formerly claimed they believed the MSM is…”fake news”…and…”Russia…Russia…Russia”…out themselves as true believers in western propaganda…

YouSir

Everybody learns at their own pace, hell I need a refresher course from time to time .

Inside every person, hooked/brainwashed on the MSM is just waiting for the right person and the right approach to make their lightbulb of understanding go off.

Said it before my 30-year-old self would have laughed his ass off at some of the things my 55-year-old self researches now.

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Said it before my 30-year-old self would have laughed his ass off at some of the things my 55-year-old self researches now.

"How to cure backpain in five easy steps", "Constipated? Try this one amazing trick..."?

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Tanks, lav's, soldiers, etc all kicking up radioactive dust... it was bound to happen. Just wait till there is a forest fire or something, all that smoke going right over Moscow.

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 09:58 AM
link   

YouSir

Everybody learns at their own pace, hell I need a refresher course from time to time .

Inside every person, hooked/brainwashed on the MSM is just waiting for the right person and the right approach to make their lightbulb of understanding go off.

Ummm…love ya like a brother…

Back in the day…my three brothers and I would be sent out in the yard with boxing gloves to…settle our differences…true story…

Yet we were the best of friends…the very best…

Now that I’m the last one standing…I guess it feels natural to spar with persons I respect…

YouSir

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 10:08 AM
link   
All the reporting on Ukraine has been so contradictory that you can't believe anything. Maybe that's the whole point; to keep people totally confused.

It's looking more and more like the whole Ukrainian situation is fulfilling one thing; the WEF goal of one world government by 2030. Financial systems world wide are being destroyed by Covid and the Ukraine situation, which is needed for the Great Reset.

Our street gangs could do a better job than the Russian soldiers are reported to be doing. I just can't buy the MSM's soup du jour on the Ukrainian situation.

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 10:15 AM
link   

YouSir

Ummm…love ya like a brother…

Back in the day…my three brothers and I would be sent out in the yard with boxing gloves to…settle our differences…true story…

Yet we were the best of friends…the very best…

Now that I’m the last one standing…I guess it feels natural to spar with persons I respect…

YouSir

That's hilarious my Dad did the same thing, my older brother and I used to beat the crap out of each other, my sisters too. and yes he is still my best friend.

edit on 31-3-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join