It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

18,000 Russians dead in Ukraine War .

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2022 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
So, the Russian strategy was to send inexperienced kids led by their best officers since I have heard what, 8 or 9 general killed?

A liberation can collapse a country, if weak, in years. An occupation of a nation of 40 million with many hardened fighters already. Months.

The same media that reported there were troops and would not invade are telling you Russia is retreating.

There are 3 sides. Yours, Theirs and the Truth. Now when you want to make sure people do not talk about one thing you talk about another.

I truly think the civilian death toll is much higher than reported.

I think most people assume the civilian total is much higher, just no way to estimate at this point.

posted on Mar, 30 2022 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: PatriotGames4u
I think most people assume the civilian total is much higher, just no way to estimate at this point.

Is a Militiaman a civilian ... or a military guy not fighting in uniform?

posted on Mar, 30 2022 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Is a Militiaman a civilian ... or a military guy not fighting in uniform?

Good question, I don't know how to answer that, or how anyone else does either.

That might be part of why so little information is available on this stat.

posted on Mar, 30 2022 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I'm not having a real big problem with the high numbers of reported russian troops killed.

If the number of vehicles reported to be destroyed, damaged or captured is correct.
Here is a a site /blog that is independent, list at least 2000 vehicles lost.

At just 1 per that's 2000, I would imagine more in a fire fight and after being hit with a javelin or other antitank weapon, especially BMP's, Armored Fighting vehicles, unarmored trucks and other vehicles. They get hit, those that jump out who weren't killed wounded jump out Ukrainians open fire, one two more maybe not hard to see that there maybe high numbers of russian dead.

Then there's got to be just a straight up fire fights taking place in towns and who knows where else, no vehicles involved, then the air crews lost when shot down.

This list only includes destroyed vehicles and equipment of which photo or videographic evidence is available. Therefore, the amount of equipment destroyed is significantly higher than recorded here. Small arms, munitions, civilian vehicles, trailers and derelict equipment (including aircraft) are not included in this list. All possible effort has gone into discerning the status of equipment between captured or abandoned. Many of the entries listed as 'abandoned' will likely end up captured or destroyed. Similarly, some of the captured equipment might be destroyed if it can't be recovered. ATGMs and MANPADS are included in the list but not included in the ultimate count. The Soviet flag is used when the equipment in question was produced prior to 1991.

Attack On Europe: Documenting Equipment Losses During The 2022 Russian Invasion Of Ukraine

If I recall there are three men in a russian tank crew, BMP's carry 7 with 3 crew, trucks and other vehicles there no telling how many are in them. It is entirely possible.

edit on 30-3-2022 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2022 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

Correct on the tank and bmp staffing, though some that are reported as tanks are actually variants that only have a crew of 1 or 2.

Either way, the math makes the Ukrainian count of russian dead look reasonable, and the russian count look absolutely ridiculous.

As a general rule serious injuries are expected to be 2-3 times the killed count, and Missing/POW is expected to roughly match the killed count, so a casualty total of 3-4x the confirmed kia count.

edit on 30-3-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2022 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: ARM1968

It's because Russia illegally forced conscripts into being soldiers and sent them to the front line.

Illegal to who?

I think that question cuts as close to the reason Russia invaded Ukraine as any.

This whole thing is largely over who's dictating what.

The real war is happening in the global economy. The ground war is a small part of the show.

posted on Mar, 30 2022 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Illegal by russian law.

Though that seems to change with every putin decree.

posted on Mar, 30 2022 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Illegal by russian law.

Though that seems to change with every putin decree.

I'm not an expert on Russian law, but I know many would argue the money being sent to Ukraine is collected from me in violation of US law. I guess there's no real good guy. The bigger question is who dictates what. Do the US, WEF, and Soros, dictate where we go as a species? It's obviously on more than just Putin's mind because other countries are also acting in defiance of the western decree to sanction.

When I see two large and angry dogs fighting in the street I don't feel the need to pick a side. I get as far away as possible and hope I don't end up hurt. I hope the same for the people of Ukraine, who are pawns in a much bigger game.

posted on Mar, 30 2022 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Coming from the same sources that are the most expletive liars of all modern times.

posted on Mar, 30 2022 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Agreed, and you'd probably close the gate behind you to prevent future unexpected attacks from the offensive dog, right?

That's what sending defensive gear to Ukraine does, close the gate to Europe, and by extension, the U.S.

There is also a HUGE humanitarian issue, and it gets worse every minute that russia is attacking Ukraine, I'm sure if you saw a little old lady getting mauled between those two dogs you'd try to help her before you ran away, right?

Sending defensive gear also does that.

posted on Mar, 30 2022 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Agreed, and you'd probably close the gate behind you to prevent future unexpected attacks from the offensive dog, right?

That's what sending defensive gear to Ukraine does, close the gate to Europe, and by extension, the U.S.

There is also a HUGE humanitarian issue, and it gets worse every minute that russia is attacking Ukraine, I'm sure if you saw a little old lady getting mauled between those two dogs you'd try to help her before you ran away, right?

Sending defensive gear is what caused this and foreign policy experts have said the same thing for years.

If we had sent food and medicine to Ukraine instead of biological research and weapons we wouldn't be here.

This was a desired result, to suggest otherwise means everybody involved is completely incompetent. I have little faith in the competence of global leadership, but enough to believe there was an alternative to dangling a false NATO hope in front of Zelenskyy and provoking a nuclear power.

posted on Mar, 30 2022 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

Sending defensive gear is what caused this and foreign policy experts have said the same thing for years.

If we had sent food and medicine to Ukraine instead of biological research and weapons we wouldn't be here.

This was a desired result, to suggest otherwise means everybody involved is completely incompetent. I have little faith in the competence of global leadership, but enough to believe there was an alternative to dangling a false NATO hope in front of Zelenskyy and provoking a nuclear power.

Nonsense, we JUST started sending that gear as a result of the russian invasion.

Even if we had done it earlier, providing defensive weapons STILL doesn't justify invading a non threatening neighbor.

edit on 30-3-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Nonsense, we JUST started sending that gear as a result of the russian invasion.

Even if we had done it earlier, providing defensive weapons STILL doesn't justify invading a non threatening neighbor.

Nonsense, biolabs didn't JUST get built in one night in the middle of an invasion. Defensive weapons? Did we supply them pepper spray and rape whistles? Almost nobody is buying it and the flag waving distraction isn't working. It's worked on the NPCs and bots on Twitter. Congrats.

You must be a huge fan of Obama and Biden to so vigorously support the narratives that make their legacy in Ukraine look positive.

That should give people something to meditate on as they read your analysis of events in Ukraine, it seems to occur in a world where we assume Obama and Biden are both swell guys.

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Nonsense, biolabs didn't JUST get built in one night in the middle of an invasion. Defensive weapons? Did we supply them pepper spray and rape whistles? Almost nobody is buying it and the flag waving distraction isn't working. It's worked on the NPCs and bots on Twitter. Congrats.

You must be a huge fan of Obama and Biden to so vigorously support the narratives that make their legacy in Ukraine look positive.

That should give people something to meditate on as they read your analysis of events in Ukraine, it seems to occur in a world where we assume Obama and Biden are both swell guys.

What do bio labs have to do with anything?

We gave them rifles and vests until putin started massing his forces for an invasion, then we gave them a small number of short range Javelins and Stingers that pose zero threat to russians on russian soil. Those are all defensive weapons.

Not even gonna respond to the rest to that nonsense in your post.

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 02:09 AM
link   
The latest conspiracy is USA actually wants to invade Russia

Ukraine is the lure, to give NATO justification fir what is to come

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: ADUB77
The latest conspiracy is USA actually wants to invade Russia

Ukraine is the lure, to give NATO justification fir what is to come

Yeah, cuz that's what anyone anywhere ever wanted to do.

It's not funny anymore, why do people keep believing this nonsense?

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

Because the bankers and corporations have wanted Russian resources for a very long time. The US / NATO are just the enforcers at their disposal to achieve it and to prop up their chosen FIAT currency. If America were to fall, they'd all be backing China instead.

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Not even gonna respond to the rest to that nonsense in your post.

Of course you're not because you're pushing very hard for a narrative that's pro Obama/Biden legacy in Ukraine. You would prefer if nobody pointed that out because the people you're looking to manipulate are not big fans of either and you need the right to buy in to your pro war agenda.

To believe your narrative we must assume Obama and Biden are swell guys. Of course that doesn't even touch on the fact that both Schwab and Soros are two other swell guys that are team Ukraine BAMN.

That's not nonsense. That's the reality of who you've aligned yourself with and people would be wise to reflect on that when reading your analysis. You've already walked back that we didn't give them weapons, now we only gave them rifles and javelins. You should be careful or you're going to start sounding like a spokesperson for the State Department.
edit on 3/31/22 by Ksihkehe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Of course you're not because you're pushing very hard for a narrative that's pro Obama/Biden legacy in Ukraine. You would prefer if nobody pointed that out because the people you're looking to manipulate are not big fans of either and you need the right to buy in to your pro war agenda.

To believe your narrative we must assume Obama and Biden are swell guys. Of course that doesn't even touch on the fact that both Schwab and Soros are two other swell guys that are team Ukraine BAMN.

That's not nonsense. That's the reality of who you've aligned yourself with and people would be wise to reflect on that when reading your analysis. You've already walked back that we didn't give them weapons, now we only gave them rifles and javelins. You should be careful or you're going to start sounding like a spokesperson for the State Department.

Start?
2d line: Excellent post. Quoted in its entirety ... because it should be repeated.

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I cant believe how delusional people are with their numbers, both parties are known to base their strategy and tactics for deception
edit on 31-3-2022 by AcerM because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join