It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When they Zig you ZAG

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

What they aren't telling you isn't that in 2023 those prices will absolutely fall when no one can afford a home to buy let alone rent.

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Apparently, "they" say that shooting yourself in vital organs is bad for you.

So, your advice is to do the opposite of what 'they' say in all cases?

Nuh.

Also, buy low, sell high is the mantra for investment, and going by FHFA numbers, median house prices have been rising since 1991. The only dent in that general upward trend was between 2007 - 2011 when prices fell. So for investment purposes, the perfect time to buy was more than three decades ago.

Also, the turnaround time to resell most homes is measured in decades (reflected in the length of mortgage lending terms), so short term fluctuations in the market are really rather meaningless.

What can and does happen is that if a market becomes too bullish, valuing stock above what the market will accommodate, then there has historically been a strong correction that reigns-in those prices.

edit on 29/3/2022 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bleeeeep
If people become their own banks (they keep watch over their own currency on a digital storage device) then shouldn't payment processing services get an increase in business? People will use intermediaries like paypal to safely trade and/or trade between kinds of crypto?

Not if there is a free to use platform, and even with that on P2P with how Fedcoin is being posited you wouldn't need a third party.

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver

I totally thought this was going to be about something you smoke...

I would never buy a house right now, the prices are insane!! I see crazy bidding wars where I live and I think the people here who paid over a million dollars for a home in a neighborhood where the average home is $450k will NEVER make that money back when they want to sell one day. I work in insurance and see some crazy prices.

Nope me and mine are fixin the last of our credit as we speak, and when this bubble pops AND IT WILL, (you can say what ya want, thats fine, fact is its not sustainable) Im going to buy a great property from someone whose 250k underneath what they got screwed on

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 04:08 PM
link   
i am with you.... the 99% contrarian

like i picked Duke as NCAAB champ and Las Vegas sports book had Duke at 1400-1 before the march madness tip-off...and KU as the only #1 seed in the final 4 remaining

mon sees who is in the catbird seat
edit on th31164858828629112022 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

the AD are everywhere, solar panels for emergency power instead of fuel burning generators...
$2497.00 shipped free 1000WT & ports to charge up cell phones

worthless unless you store away in Faraday Cage as a prime ~no-buy~ position

i secure with charging 12 AA batterys in solar boxes in 3 different devices ---- cost $20 vs, $2497.00 + state tax for botique solar generator
edit on th31164858917129262022 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Well, at least if you get hearing problems from the vaccine, you won't be able to hear the BS that NBC is saying on the news.

I have borax in the cupboard above the washer, use it to wash cloths. It does help to remove bad smells from the clothes. It can supposedly be used as a medicine, and it is great to use in the garden to adjust the soil too.

I tried a little bit in some water and drank it, it seemed ok and I lived and did not get sick....but chose to just buy some cheap boron supplements instead, I would rather take those than soap. But I do know the benefit of having borax in stock and I will always have it.

There are lots of natural ways to create medicines, but it is nice being able to get supplements. I am presently looking to buy some eye drops with C-N-Acetyl Carnasine in them to reverse the cataracts starting in my eyes. I do not need a prescription for them even though there are prescriptions available if you need it, but the cost will not break me. I talked to a guy a week ago who has cataracts starting and his doctor gave him a prescription but said that a certain brand can be gotten without prescription and that the cost was less than his co-pay on his insurance...so he is using that and said it really helps. Since I can't put a T-Bone in my eye, I think I will take the drops. I guess taking supplements of Taurine or N-acetal Cysteine do work to stop progression, but can't reverse it...both again are found in meat that is cooked rare, just like carnatine is.

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Yep. I bought a place in 2016 for 135K it is now worth 300K.

This bubble is going to burst hard. Luckily it will never get below where I bought so I'm good. But all these new home buyers in the last year or two are screwed.

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Nope me and mine are fixin the last of our credit as we speak, and when this bubble pops AND IT WILL, (you can say what ya want, thats fine, fact is its not sustainable) Im going to buy a great property from someone whose 250k underneath what they got screwed on

I did this in 2013 and got a place for 140K LESS than it cost to BUILD, and then sold for $$$

YES YES YES. During the Great Depression there are families that make a fortune. We often hear about the hard times, but look at the families that emerged. I’ve got my eyeballs on some farms/farmhouses around here.

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: TDDAgain

Put up sell orders for shiba inu, NOW.

I actually made quite a bit on SHIBU!! 😁

I like crypto but SHIBU is truly a gambling bet that you have to be willing to lose!
Want to know what was a sure bet for me......Pfizer stock...not even kidding...
There was this thing on tik tok or twitter that showed every stock Nancy Pelosi was buying and I bought some...
I kid you not....
People can hate her, but she is rich, filthy rich for a reason, they took the info down pretty quick.

Good job buddy ! Buying Pfizer stock is real good for your soul !!!

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 09:04 PM
link   

This bubble is going to burst hard. Luckily it will never get below where I bought so I'm good. But all these new home buyers in the last year or two are screwed.

it has utterly baffled me the number of people who have chosen to buy in this market, its like they dont remember ANYTHING about 2008 and that aftermath....

NOR the build up to 2008, sure is a lot of Deja vu going on

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 09:07 PM
link   

it has utterly baffled me the number of people who have chosen to buy in this market, its like they dont remember ANYTHING about 2008 and that aftermath....

!!! Seriously !!!
It's like they have FOMO or something!
It is going to hurt real bad, and I know I went through 2008! I did learn my lesson though!

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm ...

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 10:11 PM
link   

This is such a great post Jag!! Im going to copy it and share it with some friends - I will give you credit, even though it wont be publicly shared.

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: mblahnikluver

I would never buy a house right now, the prices are insane!!

I read three articles yesterday on why you should buy now.
One even said it was the best time ever, and the first thing I thought was uh oh!

themortgagereports.com...

Home buyers: Don’t wait for home prices to drop in 2022
Among the six real estate experts we interviewed, none expect prices to fall in 2022. And they caution that those who are in a place to buy should do so sooner rather than later, as prices and rates could continue to rise.

People need to think logically. People only have so much income for housing, can't squeeze blood from a turnip.
Can it go a little higher sure, but there is some point where people just can't afford it. We are at that point in many areas.
For your area don't read these article, just look at the raw data. All the data is available on your states website. It will show you how many houses sold, for how much and how long it tool. Browse zillow, or realtor. I know what I see PRICE REDUCTIONS..

Some states like here in Texas are non-disclosure states. The sale prices of homes are hidden from the public. Only a realtor can look that up. Makes it very difficult when looking unofficially.

I sold my house at a premium with a huge profit (I do not believe my house was worth what it sold for....but hey....it's the market and people are willing to shell out $$$).....then bought my house in TX and luckily before interest rates were insane and had no bidding war or anything. I found a unicorn somehow.

Now, here in TX where I am....people with good credit are being told at least 4% is the going interest rates for a mtg. That is insane to me. I am still in the low 2s.

posted on Mar, 30 2022 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

The 2008 market isn't the same as what's happening now, the loan process is more stringent and you're not getting nearly as many ARM's. Edumakated is in the industry and made a very good, detailed post on the differences in another thread (which I can't seem to locate) but PM'ing him might be worthwhile.

posted on Mar, 30 2022 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

The 2008 market isn't the same as what's happening now, the loan process is more stringent and you're not getting nearly as many ARM's. Edumakated is in the industry and made a very good, detailed post on the differences in another thread (which I can't seem to locate) but PM'ing him might be worthwhile.

It isn't the same, but the outcome might be worse this time.

posted on Mar, 30 2022 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I doubt it, there are some industry controls in place that prevent the crazy lending that was going on. I make good money and the last time I refi'd I still had to jump through hopes for months.

posted on Mar, 30 2022 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I doubt it, there are some industry controls in place that prevent the crazy lending that was going on. I make good money and the last time I refi'd I still had to jump through hopes for months.

I don’t think it will just be mortgages collapsing this time.
We have record high gas, food, just about everything, sky high debt, It will be the straw that broke the camels back.

08 was all about crappy loans, this is different and IMO much worse and will probably longer lasting.

The silver lining is that I think we will move back to multigenerational housing. Although looked down on in the US, there are a lot of benefits.

posted on Mar, 30 2022 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Meh, this is all transient. I'm not in a panic.

posted on Mar, 30 2022 @ 06:50 PM
link   

edit on 30-3-2022 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join