It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope have alterior motives for staying alive as long as possible?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I'm sorry if this was already brought up in another thread, but I tend to have very little success with ATS' search function.

I read a recent article stating that the Pope has let it be known that he wishes to be kept alive by life support, should the need be.

Article

Now I'm sure most of you are aware of the conspiracy theories and the stories found in Revelations regarding the "end of the world" as we know it and the return of the Anti-Christ. Some believe that the complete vision from the Virgin Mary in Fatama has not been entirely revealed, and possibly contains a horrible outcome for our planet.

Could the Pope, believing that the end of times or some sort of horrible destruction will befall our planet after his demise, be trying to keep it off as long as possible? There are theories that after the death of the Pope, "The Black Pope" will take his place and the end will begin.

Now forgive me if I'm a little off as far as some of my information goes, but its still something that I felt was worth noting.

What does everyone think? Could the Pope be trying to delay the end, even if it requires the assistance of artificial means? I'm no psychic or prophet or expert by any stretch of the imagination. I've just felt for a very long time that the end as we know it is no further off than a decade.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Most old time catholics prefer to live as long as possible even with the aid of tubes.
He has no alterior motives. He beleives when his time comes it will come.

Notice i said old time catholics.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
the pope's not doing anything unusual to 'keep alive' tho. He's been to a doctor. He's had this little temporary tube put down his throat to see if it helps.

Now he's getting sicker, has an infection and a high fever. He's an old man, but he's still competent, so there's no reason for him to not receive medical attention.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   
That could be possible. What Id like to know is what the ten secrets of Medjugorije are. They are more recent. He is trying awfully hard to stay alive.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I must admit I find the whole thing kind of fascinating. News about his condition is all over the news, net, etc. What is there to be upset about? Forgetting for a moment the conspiracy or related theories to illuminatti etc (not disputing them, just making a different point), why are so many upset that he is dying?

Now before flaming me as a pope-bashing athiest lol, what I mean is this. The take I have on this is that people perceive it as a tragedy. I would have thought a pope's death while not a wild party oppportunity shouldn't be seen as a terrible thing.

The guy spends his life in the service of his God, so when he dies it would follow that as His highest representitive on Earth is in for a pretty good reception when he gets to the pearly gates. Shouldn't his going to meet his maker be the culmination of his life's work. Shouldn't Catholics be celebrating that he is getting the opportunity to do this?

I see he is now making a last political statement (that may be abit harsh, but what the hey) about life support to the end, which is fine, prolong his life as long as possible, but why mourn his passing?

[edit on 31-3-2005 by whita]

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I think that regardless of a belief in the afterlife, it is still sad so lose someone. For many Christians, this is the only Pope they've known. I being one of them. I'm not Catholic, but I still respect the man for all of the good he has worked towards and accomplished.

The Pope played no small part in the collapse of Communism, and thanks to his work millions in Poland and other Eastern European countries may have felt the taste of freedom much sooner than had he not done anything at all.

We know the Pope is going to a better place. We know he is completing his work through God here on our planet. But it's still sad to lose him. And that is a fundamental human emotion when losing someone you care for, love, or admire, regardless of your belief in the after-life.

To answer some of the other posts, I didn't mean that the Pope was already being kept alive by extraordinary measures. I don't consider the procedures that he has gone through thus far to be anything "extraordinary." My question was simply based on his recent statements, and what the article I provided claimed amounted as a living will. I have yet to form an opinion on the subject. What happens in the hours and days ahead will likely lead me to that opinion.

As far as the legitimacy of any of the famous visions over the past century, the translations of Nostradomis' prophecies, and the book of Revelations, I cannot say whether they are all correct. Only God knows. Only time will tell. I just believe in my mind that the end will come during my lifetime, and sooner rather than later. I in no way am looking forward to it by any stretch of the imagination, either.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13

We know the Pope is going to a better place.

Maybe he realizes he doesn't know that, if he leaves this place with work incomplete.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Thanks, that is a good explanation.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Didn't the pope visit the man who tried to kill him a few years ago. I heard that this man knew something about this being the last pope and was trying to speed up the process. Maybe he and the pope are wise to information that we aren't. The whole thing is a bit spooky.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Didn't the pope visit the man who tried to kill him a few years ago. I heard that this man knew something about this being the last pope and was trying to speed up the process. Maybe he and the pope are wise to information that we aren't. The whole thing is a bit spooky.

Actually, I thought it was believed that the Bulgarian Intelligence Services carried out or planned the assassination attempt under orders from the KGB. Supposedly there is documentation that has been found in the former East Germany that supports this claim. I could see the Communists having more than enough reason to want to kill off John Paul II after the damage and ultimate demise he helped inflict on countless Communist Regimes.

I just hope the end isn't near. I'm only 23 and I'm in love and want to do the whole family and white picket fence thing someday. But with all the luck I've had over the course of my life I could see the world coming to an end just as I say "I Do"

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Not to burst any bubbles here, but I'd say most people would like to live a long, full life. Why should the Pope be any different? Regardless of the secrets he knows.

I'm no fan of the Catholic Church and her motives, but I just don't think tin foil is needed here.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 10:22 PM
link   
My Tin Foil edition:

This pope will not die (not yet) However we will be told he died. He will go into exile in far western Canada and remain there till he dies.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
My Tin Foil edition:

This pope will not die (not yet) However we will be told he died. He will go into exile in far western Canada and remain there till he dies.

Where do you get this information from? This pope has a month and that is being very generous, he will likely die within the week.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 02:59 AM
link   
It appears now, at 2 a.m. in Arizona, that the Pope has chosen to die naturally. It's being reported that, after suffering his cardiac and respiratory collapse, that he refused to go to the hospital and wanted to stay at the Vatican. He has always said he'd know when it was his time to go and I believe he is no longer holding on.
Who knows what the future holds?
joey

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 03:23 AM
link   
mods are mods ... mods will be mods ... forever

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I think he's just hanging on for Divine Mercy Sunday.

Apr 3 this year.
That feast day is very close to his heart.
I think he'd like to 'go home' on that day
so he's hanging on for it.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I heard this morning that he had taken a last rites communion and wasn't going to go back to the hospital. Sounds like he only has a day or so left.

new topics

top topics

join