It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wokeness

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Shoujikina

I forgot to mention that the whole concept of 'cultural appropriation' is based on segragation based on bodily qualities. Sound familiar? Separate faucets for white and black and asian people..??

If you are live in an asian body, you can do kimonos and chopsticks, but you can't use the wheel. If you have a 'white face', you can't use gunpowder or eat rice.

I mean, it's a BODY-based classification of people, isn't it? Or is it location-based? If you live inside some culture, you can appropriate the culture? Do you have to be BORN into a culture? Is it enough to 'look asian' to wear a kimono?

I mean, it's so stupid and insulting, that you look at someone's body to determine what they are allowed to do, isn't it?

Shouldn't the goal here to get rid of all racial inequality and to be as free and equal as possible, and to see everyone as human beings, not as their 'race' of the body or 'culture' of that body? After all, you can't really choose which culture you are born in (well, you can, but it's a long story), and once you are born into some country that created some culture, that's it, you can't switch. But why can't you? I mean, if gender changing is supported, why can't cultural surgery also be possible?

I don't know, I think I am going insane..

posted on Apr, 3 2022 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

Yeah, what's up with that Gulaschsuppe in Germany?

Leave those Hungarians alone!

Cheers

<< 1  2   >>

join