It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is it some drivers have a superiority complex and disorder against cyclists.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Vector99
That said, bikers typically are arrogant and literally contribute zero dollars to the roads they 'bike' on.

Which is why I'd like to thin this overpopulated cycling deer hoard.

You just have to yell DEER when you fire, then all is good

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Cyclist should have a license, registration, and pay taxes to drive on public roads. Taxes largely came from gas purchases. Pay your fair share prove via a license you belong on the road reply to: robsmith

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 06:12 AM
link   
The roads aren't safe today no matter who you are. Too many distracted drivers. Anyone riding their bike on a road should automatically expect that they are putting themselves at greater risk whether they like it or not. Cyclists would be doing themselves a favor by keeping their cycling activities to bicycle and walking trails. It all boils down to the amount of risk you're willing to take.

edit on 28-3-2022 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: robsmith

Why did you ride a meter away from the curb? It pisses me off when cyclists go two abreast or more taking up the road making it hard or impossible to overtake on narrow roads. Especially when there is no need and they can ride single file and let others pass. The same goes for drivers practically taking up both lanes. Just be considerate of other road users.

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

It works like that with a person like you that respects this. I drove skateboard and skates too on the sidewalk but would get off the board, or stop when someone walking came close. Here bicycle drivers above a certain age are supposed to drive on the streets or dedicated lanes.

The rule is one foot distance (the width of drainage gutters) to the inside of the road lane is acceptable. Even driving besides each other is acceptable if they don't cross to the other lane.

Very unconvenient and also dangerous to overtake, especially when you have a whole bicycle Tour de France enthusiast club 15 rows each 2 next to each other driving 50kmh, you can almost never overtake those becasue they are longer than a double trailer truck in distance but fast enough so they travel a lot of way along while overtaking, recuding any possible overtake place down to 0.

And then annoyingly look behind looking like "what do you want from us, why are you creeping along behind us".

Someone should do a thread on motorcycles though, best in the mudpit.

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 06:47 AM
link   

They'd still probably blast through red lights and stop signs.

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll

In large Russian cities, cyclists have long been riding on specially designated lanes for them on the territory of pedestrians. Bicyclists can meet cars only at intersections regulated by traffic lights.
It is strange that in Britain there are still no such elementary rules for civilized countries.

I feel like the only news you get is Russian news, and that sucks because you have been an amazing member from Russia that provides real insight.

What I see in your posts now is Russian propaganda. You are better than that.

Just envy silently)))

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

They'd still probably blast through red lights and stop signs.

only when they terk their jobs though

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 08:12 AM
link   
It's a law of the universe that the more massive object has right of way, regardless of how many clown horns you wanna put on your unpowered motorcycle.

The more quickly you learn this the longer you will live.

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined
The roads aren't safe today no matter who you are.

I was riding my bike to elementary school and got sideswiped by a car. I was doing everything right. The lady driving the car was not competent enough to be behind the wheel. I'm lucky to be here. She's lucky she didn't have to go to jail for running over a little boy.

I try not to hurt people. How would any of you like to be hurt through carelessness or negligence? Anywhere? Or when you're doing some other thing you enjoy?

Let's not hit people on bikes just because they're making use of the roadway. That doesn't seem right to me.

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Because militant bicyclists can be real a**holes.

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 10:41 AM
link   
My issue is the Lance Armstrong wannabes who think they should be able to ride on any street. I like bicycles but some streets are not setup for bikes and thus they should stay off them.

We have some streets around here that are two or three lanes in each direction. No bike lane. Cars are driving 40mph with a lot of driveways for commercial businesses. These are not areas for bike riding as the bikes cannot keep up with traffic, there is no where for them to get out of the way.

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I was riding my bike to elementary school and got sideswiped by a car. I was doing everything right. The lady driving the car was not competent enough to be behind the wheel. I'm lucky to be here. She's lucky she didn't have to go to jail for running over a little boy.

I try not to hurt people. How would any of you like to be hurt through carelessness or negligence? Anywhere? Or when you're doing some other thing you enjoy?

Forgive me for chuckling, but aren't most accidents caused by a degree of carelessness or negligence? We all take our chances when we get on the road. The question people need to ask themselves is, how big of a chance or risk are you willing to take when you're choosing what type of vehicle you're using to get there. In your case, it was an old woman who may or may not have known better, depending on her state of mind.

It's sad to think about the days when I was a kid and neither parents nor kids needed to be concerned about riding their bikes to school. These days, parents need to think twice before letting their kids walk or ride their bikes to school. When I look back at the number of time I had to protect my own child from predators 20 years ago, I don't even want to know how much worse it's gotten since then. It's a sad state of affairs and you can't be too careful.

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined
In your case, it was an old woman who may or may not have known better, depending on her state of mind.

She was just some other kid's mom trying to get her kid to school. Bad at gauging distances and road conditions in a residential area more than half a century ago.

You want a laugh? My mom wouldn't drive me and my brother to school because my dad didn't allow it. Said she wasn't good enough to not run a bunch of kids over every other day. Here's the funny part: they were divorced and she still followed the common sense he'd laid down on her.

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul
I started to plan ahead as there was a parked car I had to pass in about ten metres.

This is why I had to go wide.

posted on Mar, 30 2022 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I hate cyclist if it's one lane and they aren't using a bike lane. They force me to decide between killing them, myself or another driver.. it's amazing they think a car driving 40-50 mph can just weave into incoming traffic so they can have a nice bike ride on a secluded mountain road people use to get to work

posted on Mar, 30 2022 @ 12:40 AM
link   

To answer the OP question why I react that way with rage when they impede driving.

I think it's because they put me at risk of killing them, and I must avoid it by putting my own life and another driver coming the opposite directions life at risk. So I feel entitled to scold them for their inconsiderate and most likely oblivious endangerment of others..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join