It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forbes claims Ukrainian offensive on dubious evidence of surrounding 10,000 Russian troops

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Read the article there isn't much more than satellite images of fires in the area, a tweet from a Balkan Air Monitor

Did I miss other actual intelligence or evidence? The only intelligence pointed out in the article is

They're actually not trying to advance right now,” a senior U.S. defense official said of the Russians on Thursday. “They're taking more defensive positions."

Even Forbe's source for the map, the Study of War doesn't include such a dubious claim and it's fairly liberal on its assertions. Got no problem being optimistic but the language in the headline is extremely misleading. Been following the Study of War if this were even close to possible they would have something.

It's not a big gotcha moment but it's worth watching what happens the next few days to see who has the better source and who is correct.

On top of I'd be damn worried about the Russian response if there were actually 10,000 troops about to be surrounded.

www.understandingwar.org...

www.forbes.com... 170

The claims of Ukrainian counteroffensives in the area surrounding Kyiv began more than a week ago. Now we have our first objective observations confirming that, yes, the Ukrainian army is on the move. And the Russians near Ukraine’s capital city could be in big trouble.

The Fire Information for Resource Management System, or FIRMS, satellites registered a very telling pattern of fires around Hostomel and Irpin, just west of Kyiv.

The blazes signaled intensive fighting along the roads threading through Hostomel and Irpin toward the capital. A similar pattern of fires was evident farther to the northwest, along the main supply routes connecting the Russian army to its railheads in Belarus.

The flames tell a story—of sustained clashes between reinforced Ukrainian battalions and idling, exhausted Russian battalions. The advantage appears to be with the Ukrainians, who on Wednesday claimed they had liberated Makariv, a town 30 miles west of Kyiv.

This pocket, reportedly containing around 10,000 Russian troops from the 35th and 36th CAAs is extremely vulnerable. As the Russians run out of food and ammunition, they may begin surrendering en masse—or risk annihilation.

edit on 25-3-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

If you go and looked at the tactics they used in Syria then look at what they're doing here....its pretty obvious their goals. You can decide for yourself whats going on much better than anyone telling you. All you have to do is look...

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Even if Russia claims they have Ukraine in total I would expect the war to not stop as 3d parties will still be funding the Ukrainian fighters into perpetuity youtu.be...

Intercepted non secure Russian radio transmissions does not bode well for Russia in this conflict... Again all reports are possible propaganda
youtu.be...

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 08:36 PM
link   
One other thing regardless if it's the truth or not, it rallies the yay Ukraine side and it could force some bad responses from the Kremlin.

My main point is I believe Russia has acted with as much restraint as they ever have had militarily. throw in the obvious chaos and failed battles, poor logistics, loss of troops and leadership, Putin could be backed into a corner. If I like to think he isn't gonna do something irrational, I'd also like to think that NATO and the US ought to stop prodding and demand negotiations
edit on 25-3-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I have a hard time believing anything from MSM on Ukraine after Covid.

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky
Of Course its a former general coming onto MSNBC claiming that Russia had lost Command And Control. If you look at the maps and mapping of the conflict.

Its the opposite of what MSM and the "Former Generals" had claimed.
Since its the first, second they had been claiming that Russians are losing, had been losing.
edit on 25-3-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
Even if Russia claims they have Ukraine in total I would expect the war to not stop as 3d parties will still be funding the Ukrainian fighters into perpetuity youtu.be...

Intercepted non secure Russian radio transmissions does not bode well for Russia in this conflict... Again all reports are possible propaganda
youtu.be...

That first video had so much real information. All this has accomplished was unnecessary loss of life. They strengthened NATO. They have made other countries and their population consider joining like Finland. If they want to hold on to any piece of Ukraine the insurgency will be nonstop and more brutal than any insurgency seen before in history. They have shown the world their conventional military isn’t properly trained, equipment isn’t maintained, and leadership is clueless. They’ve had to fall back on nuclear deterrence because they have embarrassed themselves on the world stage. I’d be surprised if even Putin can hold on to his position after everyone in Russia is hungry.

China will never finance and boost Russia. At least enough to matter because other will notice. Russia only buys so much. China is so interlocked in the western market it’s insane. We post bans on China everyone starts going broke and relying on self reliance.

Hungry bellies will lead to regimes change. He’s pathed a new path and legacy for Russia. Just not the one he thought he would.

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 12:45 AM
link   
No way to know unless you were there.

a reply to: PassiveSeeker

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Surprise, surprise. Video down lol.

new topics

top topics

join