It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hotel Pool

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Hello everyone missed you all!! 🥰
Admit it, you missed me too!

Here is a little interesting story from this weekend. I was in Chicago at a very famous hotel. I wanted to see the pool, and the concierge walked me down but said it was just about closing. The doors were locked and we couldn’t get in, it was late by just a minute or two.
I wasn’t planning on swimming, but something inside me wanted to see that dang pool.

The next day, I went down, clicked my hotel card. Took one look, stomach falls to the ground. I couldn’t get out of there fast enough.
Thump thump, went my heart.
Went straight to my room and looked it up… Sure enough, a little girl had drowned in that pool….

I think we all feel these “things” but we brush it off. I think our instincts, sixth sense are a lot more accurate then we realize.

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

That’s tragic where we’re the parents? How does one drown in such a public place? Unless the public in that place is either too scared to help a stranger because of law suits or they just don’t give a damn about their fellow man

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman

....How does one drown in such a public place? Unless the public in that place is either too scared to help a stranger because of law suits or they just don’t give a damn about their fellow man

I haven't been to any hotel for several years, but there have been many times when I have seen hotel pools completely empty. I assume she was probably alone in the pool at the time.

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

Like I said where were the parents? I wouldn’t let my little child alone in a hotel swimming pool especially in Chicago yuck

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Absolutely. Your body definitely picked up on some bad vibes there. I wonder if it's some primal defense mechanism.

Reminds me of a time me and a friend decided to go investigate an old boarded up house (more of a mansion really).
We approached, looked around, all was well - nobody watching us.
We scaled the gate as it was easier to get over than the wall, and dropped down into the garden. No problem.
Took about five or six steps across the grass towards the house and all of a sudden my bowels were ready to fail me. I told my friend I had to leave to take care of business RIGHT AWAY, and he said the same thing was happening to him too.
We got the hell out of there and as soon as we were back over the gate it was like nothing had happened. Real weird.

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Some folk's like yourself are naturally sensitive, my mother was.

So I have no doubt you felt something BAD in that place perhaps a bad entity or an echo of the tragedy or some other tragedy that took place there.

And as for fishbird's comment that is similar probably some warning to avoid the place and anecdotally I remember before I got head injury's I felt sick in my stomach but ignored it and went out anyway only to get jumped by a gang for no reason, you learn to trust your GUT as the old saying goes and if you ignore it you do so at your peril.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Actually with kids it only takes a minute or two. I remember a time when I was at a pool with my older sister and her kid. And the kid got a little too close to the deep end. Lost her footing. And just started floating out in the deep end and didn't know how to swim. If several adults hadn't been watching her she probably would have drowned.

Depending on the kid that's all it takes.

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
a reply to: BrokenCircles

Like I said where were the parents? I wouldn’t let my little child alone in a hotel swimming pool especially in Chicago yuck

My friend taught safe swim to children and you would not believe how many kids drown each year.
It happens very quickly and it is actually very silent.

I would never in a million years let friends or relatives supervise my small children swimming, it always had to be me or my husband no exceptions. I’ve heard too many stories.

The girl in the hotel pool was 5 years old… so tragic!

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 03:57 PM
link   
A fascinating ESP narrative, for sure, although I had to read twice to distinguish between the girl drowning in the pool while you were staying at the hotel (thus a premonition), or whether you had a haunting sensation of a girl who drowned in the pool previously, or historically.

I assume the latter was the case.
Perhaps a location linky for prospective ghost-hunters and psychic sleuths?

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: halfoldman
A fascinating ESP narrative, for sure, although I had to read twice to distinguish between the girl drowning in the pool while you were staying at the hotel (thus a premonition), or whether you had a haunting sensation of a girl who drowned in the pool previously, or historically.

I assume the latter was the case.
Perhaps a location linky for prospective ghost-hunters and psychic sleuths?

The latter

www.nbcchicago.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Thanks, and not long ago since it happened.
I mean we're not talking "Chelsea Hotel" rock star overdoses, or "ancient hotel history" here.
But thanks for clarifying.

Of course clear now details (like where were the parents?) can't be answered, but evidently quite a psychic sensation to prompt a search, and find this (otherwise unknown) tragedy in the recent past.

Very compelling, I find.

edit on 24-3-2022 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I was staying at a hotel and went to the pool and there were some parents with their kids in tow making a lot of noise one of them jumped into the deep end with flippers snorkel and a scuba mask on... I noticed he didn't hold the mask with his hand and I immediately ran and grabbed the pool hook to fish him out of course as soon as he hit the water mask flew off and disoriented flailing and drinking the water trying to yell he failed into the hook grabbed it and I dragged him to the side and then used it to fish his goggles out.

He coughing and sputtering ...I asked him if he was ok he shook his head yes and managed a thank you... I looked over and his parents and siblings were still distracted and making a lot of noise not even noticing what happened. I went and put the hook back on the wall picked up my towel and left.

I'd say it's pretty easy to drown with people too excited, loud, distracted such folks are often inexperienced in such an environment. What's strange is if he told them or tried to explain what occurred they'd likely think him crazy and or since no one was there to corroborate his whacky nearly drowned story they didn't even witness make them believe in angels if they did believe him.

Of course I've had a lot of on that line of death instances and never told anyone about it; the funny thing is I've become aware of the "it's not your time" experience quite a bit... that has only led me to believe the otherside is like a really good rent control apartment and there's some sort of waiting list to get in on it and of course if the good deeds keep on mounting in that time that makes the situation more complicated if you're already at the maximum upgrade level for that ol apartment in the sky as in no no too good to be here in this one as well ..."Sorry, it's not your time." maybe it's some sort of timeshare trap where you should endeavor to do neither good nor evil and just go about your business.

top topics

join