It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supplying Ukraine with weapons is only making things worse.... we need diplomatic solutions.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 08:35 PM
link   
“US military aid to Ukraine guarantees more suffering and death
Rather than sending diplomats in an urgent effort to reach an armistice and stop the bloodshed, the United States is fueling an already raging conflagration. “ Source: archive.ph...

I recently authored a thread The timeline of events that lead to World War Three (WW3) in it I predicted that if this conflict continues in the manner that it has, with NATO continuing to arm Ukraine the Russian response will be deadlier each time until not just Ukraine is reduced to ruins but a wider conflict engulfing Europe ensues escalating to unimaginable levels.

I’ve always maintained that in order to resolve this situation we need realistic diplomacy and to address Russia’s security concerns - it was wrong to ignore them to begin with, but the voices among the US senate and policy makers that opposed expansion of NATO into eastern Europe were largely ignored. And idealists maintain that NATO should not have to worry about “fallout”, but that’s just not how the world works. Because in our personal lives we consider other peoples concerns and how our actions impact those around us.

Since the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991, Russia has maintained a relatively peaceful climate in eastern Europe among neighbouring states.Geopolitical Climate change began once NATO expanded into the region, ignoring Russia’s security concerns. Regardless of what you think on this matter it has directly contributed to Russia’s actions and the only way Russia will reverse its course on the Ukranian conflict is in dealing with these matters head on.

I wish for peace, but it requires a pragmatic view on the unstable Geopolitical landcape plaguing Eastern Europe right now, and sanctions, condemnation and hate speech towards Russia won’t solve the problem. It will only inflame it more.

I find myself detached from the mainstream narrative in continually bashing Russia and condemning them into submission because I know this isn’t the solution. Time will tell, what course human history will take from here.
edit on 21-3-2022 by ISeekTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 08:40 PM
link   
But but no one wants that..... except you and I and probably a billion other people.

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Everybody says Putin is a crazy madman. Our POTUS calling him a cold-blooded killer at the start of this doesn't seem like the most diplomatic way to deal with a madman.
It's painfully clear that- once again -the US wants war at any cost, not peace.

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
Everybody says Putin is a crazy madman. Our POTUS calling him a cold-blooded killer at the start of this doesn't seem like the most diplomatic way to deal with a madman.

Have you listened to Brian Kilmeade lately. The dude is off his hinges. I’ve never heard of one person wanting to go to war as badly as this guy.

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ISeekTruth101

It seems like it has become socialy unacceptable to look at this situation rationally.

The narrative here in Canada is that it is virtuous to want to fight Russia to save Ukraine, and if it starts WW3, that's the price of freedom.

Suddenly it's "cool" to want war.

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 08:58 PM
link   
In context, Putin gave Ukraine an entire year to resolve the issue diplomatically. Instead of doing that, Ukraine followed the US's lead and kept poking the bear. When Putin poked back the US stepped aside and let Ukraine take the full force of it.

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
In context, Putin gave Ukraine an entire year to resolve the issue diplomatically. Instead of doing that, Ukraine followed the US's lead and kept poking the bear. When Putin poked back the US stepped aside and let Ukraine take the full force of it.

Well said, but of course Mainstream media which runs the world today has brainwashed billions into thinking that this invasion is out of the blue and the situation started when CNN started reporting on the matter.

But once you’ve been clued up, you realise Putin’s response is about 10 years delayed in response to NATO expansion and deploying missiles 75 miles from Russia’s border in Poland claiming that its a deterrent against Iran... which is no where near the region, let alone any threat to Europe.

link   

link   

link   

link   

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

It seems like it has become socialy unacceptable to look at this situation rationally.

The narrative here in Canada is that it is virtuous to want to fight Russia to save Ukraine, and if it starts WW3, that's the price of freedom.

Suddenly it's "cool" to want war.

Very well said!

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ISeekTruth101

Well said, but of course Mainstream media which runs the world today has brainwashed billions into thinking that this invasion is out of the blue and the situation started when CNN started reporting on the matter.

But once you’ve been clued up, you realise Putin’s response is about 10 years delayed in response to NATO expansion and deploying missiles 75 miles from Russia’s border in Poland claiming that its a deterrent against Iran... which is no where near the region, let alone any threat to Europe.

And that is the sad part. Once again, people are getting so fired up ready for war without ever knowing what really happened. The few who do know are shouted down by the unwashed masses chanting the latest battle cry out of fear of being branded less than worthy of the new world order.

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ISeekTruth101

And that is the sad part. Once again, people are getting so fired up ready for war without ever knowing what really happened. The few who do know are shouted down by the unwashed masses chanting the latest battle cry out of fear of being branded less than worthy of the new world order.

Fully agree, in this case if our opinions do not involve bashing Russia mindlessly our opinions are dismissed as "echoing Putin's talking points," "siding with Putin," or circulating Russian propaganda and "disinformation." I guess it saddens me that if the world did get destroyed in a war with both nuclear superpowers humanity will have little idea as to how it started so what message will they propagate to subsequent generations before we end up in the same situation again.

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Giving their people more weapons to fight does not help the people. A diplomatic solution should be reached. The ones now running the government want everyone to fight and never surrender...because they at the top will lose their prestigious job and power if the soldiers just walk away instead of getting killed or wounded.

The people of the Ukraine could benefit a lot if their leaders did not have to fund a military....they could profit by selling to the East and to the west. Seems that those people at the top are willing to risk all their citizens lives so they can remain at the top.

NATO did not honor their original agreements with the countries bordering Russia, they are guilty too. The kremlin should have done something to stop this before now, they should have been more firm with NATO when they first started to ignore their agreement....it would not have been so bad if it was done long ago. Even though this was set in motion by the west, Russia is not innocent either.

I will side with our country, but don't believe Biden insulting Russia's leaders and firing up things is right either. I do not agree with the way Biden is handling things, I wish we had a better president but not one that is a war monger like Biden seems to be. I am a firm believer in America and our government, but that doesn't mean I have to like or respect our present president, he needs to be gone, he has problems in his thinking and has a head the size of a hot air balloon, but the hot air balloon has more common sense.

This is my opinion, we have a right to have an opinion for now, in another five years that may be illegal.

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 11:38 PM
link   

I've said this a few times around the internet but it feels worthy to repeat again. Think about how many foreign fighters are over there from all over the world. Then realize they aren't really being vetted too hard. Now add in the fact we are shipping tons of advanced man portable weapon systems which once sent out to the frontlines aren't exactly kept track of super well... You now have a scenario where bad people such as middle eastern terrorist types are armed with lock on and in some cases fire and forget weapons which can take out some pretty big targets like airliners. There is a reason we don't usually hand out stuff like that to others countries in turmoil...but I guess they didn't care this time...wonder why?
edit on 21-3-2022 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Mainstream media which runs the world today has brainwashed billions into thinking that this invasion is out of the blue and the situation started when CNN started reporting on the matter.

Strange how the media declares this situation started in 2022 .
The situation started in 2014-2015 with multiple calls for diplomatic talks between the two involved parties . One rejected all offers mostly fueled by a certain major Western country .

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 08:02 AM
link   

I'll agree with you to a point. The problem is that Ukraine has to survive long enough for negotiations.

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

We've had every opportunity to step fully in to this war. We have not done so, showing incredible restraint.

If we wanted a war, we'd already be in it.

So the only remaining question is: what in the hell are you even talking about?

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

The people of the Ukraine could benefit a lot if their leaders did not have to fund a military....they could profit by selling to the East and to the west. Seems that those people at the top are willing to risk all their citizens lives so they can remain at the top.

That is exactly what the top russians have done, and the entire reason why their military is being decimated.

Who would ever want to live under such a structure of kleptocracy?

Ukraine is fighting for their very lives and freedom. Anyone opposed is clearly for the opposite of that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join