It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If ATS shuts down, what's next?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

Where is eveyone going to go if this place shuts down?
There needs to be a plan B

This kind of panicky commentary makes me a bit philosophical (and hopeless) about so-called 'humanity' of this planet.

Are you telling me you NEVER considered this possibility until it happened? Are you really so trusting and living without thinking about future and pondering possibilities, that everything that happens, UTTERLY surprises you?

Nothing is fully stable, not even this planet. Anything disruptive can happen at any time, on any area of life. Your water could be shut down, your electricity service might become inaccessible, internet connections go down every day, the air might become unbreathable, your favorite forest might be cut down so really ugly, modern 'housing' can be built, so the nastiest groups of people on this planet that were previously forced to only bother each other, can move in and make that area a ghetto, and so on.

You are honestly surprised one website goes down a bit, and now you panic about it and ONLY NOW you start seeking 'alternatives'?

No form is eternal, everything that had a birth, must have a death. Everything that has a beginning, has an ending.

There will be a time when you won't be able to access this website. It is inevitable. You haven't thought about this or planned anything 'in case' it occurs? (It will)

We don't need 'an alternative'. We just need the proper attitude.

Anything that happens in life, is a lesson or reward - we can just take it, whatever it is, adjust to it, explore it, learn to accept it, and eventually see its value. No matter how 'good' or 'bad' it is; after all, even the worst, prolonged physical pain ENDS at some point, even if it seems it won't. So will every other 'bad' or even 'too bad'-thing.

When life closes a door, it is like a kick to our buttocks area to get us to move - maybe we were stagnating and complacent, so we are forced to flow again, and through this 'forced flow', even if it causes irritation at first, we may find places within ourselves and also in the external side that we never knew were there. We might be forced to take routes we never took before, to see sceneries we didn't even know about, and we might find true adventure that way.

If we just sit on buttocks and do the same-old, how are we ever going to grow?

Sometimes we need a bit of a kick into the backside, so we can find things we would never have found otherwise. Yes, it can be painful and annoying, but we can always explore the situation and maybe find some kind of good side from it.

I have been deprived of many things; sometimes it's been computers and net connection, sometimes it's been food and other times, it's been entertainment and social life - I have been forced on paths of self-discovery and deepening my understanding of reality and Universe, and I am now glad it all happened.

I even got a small 'Zen-experience' (after which, Zen koans make perfect sense to me - they actually really describe the Zen experience more than anything, they're not what the western thinking has described them as), which is probably called 'Zatori' - it only lasted a couple of days, and during that time, I felt sorry for everyone I saw, knowing they were not experiencing the reality the same, direct and truthful way that I was. It was sad to return to 'normal'.

This would NOT have happened without misery and hopelessness, though. Once there was nothing I could cling to anymore, everything had been removed from my life, there was no direction I could go, no one I could rely upon, no 'thing' I could just grab, cling to and try to find salvation through, something stopped in me, and it was like 'nothingness' or 'emptiness', but it was SO PROFOUND, I realized it was existence itself, and I got an euphoria from being able to suddenly 'experience reality directly' instead of through all kinds of mental constructs, words and abstractions.

I could do nothing but sit and stare, I had nothing.. I was empty, there was nothing to try or to reach for.

I am telling this anecdote to underline a point - life can kick you hard, but there's usually some kind of treasure hidden within that kick, and all you have to do is find it. There's something to explore, even if it's just your own feeling of 'uneasiness now that ATS is down'. There's always a new attitude or perspective you can use to turn things around internally, so the external doesn't matter after the initial kick.

If you don't have an internet connection, perhaps you can learn how to make your own pizza dough. If there's no computer available to you, perhaps you can find a suburb you never visited before, to admire the quirky architecture of some houses you never knew existed before.

I am telling ya, deprivation of your complacent, everyday, taken-for-granted stuff can be the greatest treasure of your life.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shoujikina

This kind of panicky commentary makes me a bit philosophical (and hopeless) about so-called 'humanity' of this planet.

Are you telling me you NEVER considered this possibility until it happened? Are you really so trusting and living without thinking about future and pondering possibilities, that everything that happens, UTTERLY surprises you?

Nothing is fully stable, not even this planet. Anything disruptive can happen at any time, on any area of life. Your water could be shut down, your electricity service might become inaccessible, internet connections go down every day, the air might become unbreathable, your favorite forest might be cut down so really ugly, modern 'housing' can be built, so the nastiest groups of people on this planet that were previously forced to only bother each other, can move in and make that area a ghetto, and so on.

You are honestly surprised one website goes down a bit, and now you panic about it and ONLY NOW you start seeking 'alternatives'?

No form is eternal, everything that had a birth, must have a death. Everything that has a beginning, has an ending.

There will be a time when you won't be able to access this website. It is inevitable. You haven't thought about this or planned anything 'in case' it occurs? (It will)

Anything that happens in life, is a lesson or reward - we can just take it, whatever it is, adjust to it, explore it, learn to accept it, and eventually see its value. No matter how 'good' or 'bad' it is; after all, even the worst, prolonged physical pain ENDS at some point, even if it seems it won't. So will every other 'bad' or even 'too bad'-thing.

When life closes a door, it is like a kick to our buttocks area to get us to move - maybe we were stagnating and complacent, so we are forced to flow again, and through this 'forced flow', even if it causes irritation at first, we may find places within ourselves and also in the external side that we never knew were there. We might be forced to take routes we never took before, to see sceneries we didn't even know about, and we might find true adventure that way.

Sometimes we need a bit of a kick into the backside, so we can find things we would never have found otherwise. Yes, it can be painful and annoying, but we can always explore the situation and maybe find some kind of good side from it.

I have been deprived of many things; sometimes it's been computers and net connection, sometimes it's been food and other times, it's been entertainment and social life - I have been forced on paths of self-discovery and deepening my understanding of reality and Universe, and I am now glad it all happened.

I even got a small 'Zen-experience' (after which, Zen koans make perfect sense to me - they actually really describe the Zen experience more than anything, they're not what the western thinking has described them as), which is probably called 'Zatori' - it only lasted a couple of days, and during that time, I felt sorry for everyone I saw, knowing they were not experiencing the reality the same, direct and truthful way that I was. It was sad to return to 'normal'.

This would NOT have happened without misery and hopelessness, though. Once there was nothing I could cling to anymore, everything had been removed from my life, there was no direction I could go, no one I could rely upon, no 'thing' I could just grab, cling to and try to find salvation through, something stopped in me, and it was like 'nothingness' or 'emptiness', but it was SO PROFOUND, I realized it was existence itself, and I got an euphoria from being able to suddenly 'experience reality directly' instead of through all kinds of mental constructs, words and abstractions.

I could do nothing but sit and stare, I had nothing.. I was empty, there was nothing to try or to reach for.

I am telling this anecdote to underline a point - life can kick you hard, but there's usually some kind of treasure hidden within that kick, and all you have to do is find it. There's something to explore, even if it's just your own feeling of 'uneasiness now that ATS is down'. There's always a new attitude or perspective you can use to turn things around internally, so the external doesn't matter after the initial kick.

If you don't have an internet connection, perhaps you can learn how to make your own pizza dough. If there's no computer available to you, perhaps you can find a suburb you never visited before, to admire the quirky architecture of some houses you never knew existed before.

I am telling ya, deprivation of your complacent, everyday, taken-for-granted stuff can be the greatest treasure of your life.

Im not panicking lol..
There was a movie website that shut their discussion boards years ago. People wanted to migrate to another site together. But since there wasnt a pre plan, everyone got scattered.

Didn't want to see that happen.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1v2

Haha, not possible.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shoujikina

So, yes or no?

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

Lmao, fair point. I am a bit deranged.

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Beautiful

This is the kind of thing that is appreciated. Now I can book mark it. I remember signing up on another site when we thought ATS would close too, was also really nicely done

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Trust me when I say this...you will be alright. In fact, you might find yourself to be in a better place not having to worry about the fear mongering that goes on here (this is not the only site by any means, there are much worse than this).

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 06:20 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Beautiful

This is the kind of thing that is appreciated. Now I can book mark it. I remember signing up on another site when we thought ATS would close too, was also really nicely done

At least someone took the time, which is appreciated. I think ATS should do a full mirror of the site, maybe put the URL in someone else's name, just in case, as society is going sideways and it's only a matter of time.

Cheers - Dave

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join