It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When you can quiet down a little you ought to check it out 1883 or how I survived the loss of ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 04:57 PM
link   
So I watched 1883 and it's pretty good. Probably not just shut up and watch good, but it holds my notoriously short attention span fairly well

1883 Follows the Dutton family on a journey west through the Great Plains toward the last bastion of uncolonized America.

The acting has been pretty consistent Isabel May handles the action sequences well enough, as a guy Im usually skeptical if the modern actress can pull off the 1880's vernacular, mannerisms and physicality, think both her and Faith Hill have done very well making it semi-believable they could do as the story portrays. They do that mother-daughter dance that happens at that age very well too. Even the gypsy girl grew on me

Tim McGraw and Sam Elliot are good to excellent, the guy the played Ennis did well enough too. The brutality featured and how they had to be pretty much ruthless but both also have common decency too.

even the narration is solid, it's written well and is somewhat poignant, the locations are good even the CGI is decent.

One thing though they must have an excellent dentist in the wagon train everybody's teeth are pearly white and didn't Claire have a daughter? did I miss where she got killed?
Sure it's a tad unbelievable but Sam Elliot has always been a favorite actor and Tim and Faith do a fairly good job too as does the rest of the cast. It's good enough to make me definitely watch Yellowstone, which so far Ive been avoiding cause I wasn't in the mood for watching a western yet.

But if it's like 1883 it's worth a look...

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Yeah I spent my Sunday binge watching the entire season... it was pretty awesome.

Rockstar need to totally plagiarize it and make it the basis of rdr3... lol.

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I really liked Yellowstone so I gave this a try.

Worst POS woke Tv series ever and thats why they cancelled it.

IMO
edit on 21-3-2022 by just4fun because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: just4fun

What was “woke” about it?

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: just4fun
I really liked Yellowstone so I gave this a try.

Worst POS woke Tv series ever and thats why they cancelled it.

IMO

outsider.com...

Now which makes more sense they canceled it because it was woke chit, but highly rated, or the director told this part and is moving on to the next. I mean where would it go? One of the main characters perhaps the main character is dead.

I can guarantee McGraw and Hill don't need the money or the hassle, it was a limited opportunity for them to do this.

Tim McGraw Net Worth:
$165 Million
Tim McGraw net worth: Tim McGraw is a Louisiana-born singer and actor, who has a net worth of $165 million dollars. That is a combined net worth with his wife of 2+ decades, Faith Hill. During his career to date, Tim McGraw has sold more than 80 million records worldwide.

FWIW

Paramount+ announced they ordered more “1883” plus new series “1932” from Taylor Sheridan
Sheridan claims “1883” was “close-ended”
“1932” will follow the continued Dutton family as they navigate prohibition and the Great Depression
Did Paramount+ Cancel ‘1883’ or Not?
In February, during the ViacomCBS Investors’ Day, Paramount+ announced that they’d ordered “more” of “1883,” but never explicitly said there would be a season 2. Though, they did announce the new “1932” series as well as part of the “Yellowstone” franchise. I believe “1932” is what “ordered more” means in a sense.

Taylor Sheridan told Deadline in February, “I created this peek through time to show you this one specific journey. I’m not someone who likes to tie everything up in a bow and explain how everyone lived happily ever after or didn’t […] for me, as a storyteller [‘1883’] feels close-ended.”

So, technically, Paramount+ didn’t cancel “1883.” It just ended the way Taylor Sheridan wanted it to end. It was a limited series, a “peek through time,” and Sheridan told the story he wanted to tell with it. Now, it’s “on to the next peek through the window,” according to Sheridan. “1932” will follow the next generation of Duttons as they try to survive the Great Depression.
edit on 21-3-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Wow what a world we live in where people get offended and have to hurl insults when someone doesnt like the same movie.

The show blows thats why they cancelled it. Thats why they cancel shows because they suck

I was hoping for better thats why I watched it and I will give the other Yellowstone spinoffs like 6666 and 1923 a try too.

But its just an opinion

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Again I have disdain for woke crap too, you trashed it hard it's highly rated pretty much everywhere and that's all a media company cares about, but yet the "woke" Paramount is gonna cancel it? Please that's a bunch of ...well kak

IMDB rating

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
Again I have disdain for woke crap too, you trashed it hard it's highly rated pretty much everywhere and that's all a media company cares about, but yet the "woke" Paramount is gonna cancel it? Please that's a bunch of ...well kak

IMDB rating

So is the Fauci movie IMDB gives that a 6.5

So what I trashed it hard

It was basically the story of a young 17 year old white woman slut, whos supposed badass 1883 father allows her to go off and have sex with one of the hands then a couple episodes later he allows her to go off with an Indian and have sex

Then he allows her to marry an Indian all while she gets to be the fastest rider and the best fighter

And her hair is always so perfect

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 02:39 AM
link   

IMDB rating

So is the Fauci movie IMDB gives that a 6.5

So what I trashed it hard

It was basically the story of a young 17 year old white woman slut, whos supposed badass 1883 father allows her to go off and have sex with one of the hands then a couple episodes later he allows her to go off with an Indian and have sex

Then he allows her to marry an Indian all while she gets to be the fastest rider and the best fighter

So essentially watched 8-10 hours of something that pissed you off... smart

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Weren't enough minority trans people in it for me. I was hoping it would be more like Drag Race meets Deadwood.

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Weren't enough minority trans people in it for me. I was hoping it would be more like Drag Race meets Deadwood.

I guess the squelch on my gaydar and tranny vision isn't twisted as tight as some

It did bother me a little bit seeing Graham Greene play "speaks with a lisp".

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 09:04 AM
link   

It did bother me a little bit seeing Graham Greene play "speaks with a lisp".

That's the Pink Mafia again, trying to make kids think speech impediments are ok.

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 06:48 PM
link   

IMDB rating

I’m pretty sure in the entire history of the US that exact scenario has happened more than once.

Seriously though, it’s honestly not that far fetched. People have been doing there own thing since the beginning of time... even if it wasn’t always considered appropriate by society.
edit on 22-3-2022 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join