It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it time for the new owner(s) to step forward?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Would help regain this site some credibility if they stepped from the shadows, talked about what happened and why none of the mods had a clue what was happening. They could have used social media so folks knew what was going on and that ATS was only temporarily down

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: vlawde

Maybe they secretly enjoyed the frenzied panic.

I personally watched DB run around like a headless chicken with it's back hair on fire.

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Come on, I was getting used to the never loading site. The anticipation was killing me.

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 01:44 PM
link   

What, and spoil the air of mystery.

Somebody probably just forgot to pay a bill or something.

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Who cares? ATS is back!

Thanks to the [new] owners, who are even more appreciated today than they were last week, before we all thought that we had lost ATS forever!

Bartender! A round of stars for everyone, on me!

Long live ATS and its new owners!

edit on 21-3-2022 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Let's face it, whatever trust remained is now gone after the very oppurtune downtime. ATS went dark, so it's time for the darkweb. Something feels different, my spider tingle is going off
edit on 21-3-2022 by MrCrabs3000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Thank you to whomever did pay the bill!! Would be the shame of the century to lose this beloved place!

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Who cares? ATS is back!

Thanks to the [new] owners, who are even more appreciated today than they were last week, before we all thought that we had lost ATS forever!

Bartender! A round of stars for everyone, on me!

Long live ATS and its new owners!

I'm glad it's back too. Just looking for more transparency

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: vlawde
Would help regain this site some credibility if they stepped from the shadows, talked about what happened and why none of the mods had a clue what was happening. They could have used social media so folks knew what was going on and that ATS was only temporarily down

I agree. But if the new owners had any respect or appreciation for their content generators, it would have already happened. There would have been an explanation prepared and posted as soon as it came back up. At the very least.

Of course, they might still. But too little too late now. It is what it is.

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

I agree. But if the new owners had any respect or appreciation for their content generators, it would have already happened. There would have been an explanation prepared and posted as soon as it came back up. At the very least.

Of course, they might still. But too little too late now. It is what it is.

I'm n9t going to break their balls but I think an explination from them would be pertinent ...if it was my site that's what I would have done , even if I had to make a dif account to do so or have it posted by one of the mods

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I would agree that an explanation is in order. Nobody even knew who to contact about it.

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I'm n9t going to break their balls but I think an explination from them would be pertinent ...if it was my site that's what I would have done , even if I had to make a dif account to do so or have it posted by one of the mods

Don't get me wrong, I would very much like to hear an explanation. And they've had every opportunity to do so. They have chosen not to.

Well, except for one vague comment posted to one thread -- which may or may NOT be seen.

And that's their choice. I don't have to like it. I don't have to respect it. I just have to accept it for what it is.

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrCrabs3000
Let's face it, whatever trust remained is now gone after the very oppurtune downtime. ATS went dark, so it's time for the darkweb. Something feels different, my spider tingle is going off

Something is different...with the site itself. It feels different. Can't quite put my finger on it, but it's there. They've done some work on it while it was down.

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

NVM, JK posted...

edit on 21-3-2022 by AugustusMasonicus because: dey terk er election

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 02:08 PM
link   
admin chimed in here :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I wouldn't hold your breath for anything more than they've said.
It's been made perfectly clear that their anonymity is paramount.....which is why they seem to keep communication to an absolute minimum, even with their own Mods and Admin who, if truth be told, must have felt even more pissed off than the rest of us.

I think its taught a lot of us that we need to make provisions for the future in case this sort of thing happens again.

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Maybe they secretly enjoyed the frenzied panic.

I personally watched DB run around like a headless chicken with it's back hair on fire.

Wish you would have shot video. That's a million view YT video.

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 02:10 PM
link   

No. The premise of stepping forward is contingent on some degree of oversight and punitive capacity which is absent on ATS. If you don't like it, leave. Them's the breaks as they say.

Rogue nation is always accepting new members if you believe the grass is greener in their pasture.

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

Thanks

originally posted by: ats admin
Your information is safe and secure. There was an issue with the host and the card they had on file. This has been fixed and we will make sure this doesn't happen again. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I agree that an explanation would be nice. But, in all honesty, this is a free site and no one is owed anything. Its not like we lost a service we paid for and never heard from customer service. We lost access to a free website, for whatever reason, and it came back, for whatever reason.

If I were the owner though I might be at least a little concerned about how fast the flamethrowers came out on other social media platforms. It seems like ATS has been a target that hasn't presented a clean shot for a while and the shooters got anxious. When they saw an opening, they swarmed. A little note from the new owners could shut them up nicely...

That having been said, does anyone know how long it takes to install site-wide social scoring software for a number of users similar to oh, just for fun lets say, ATS? This IS a conspiracy site....isn't it?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join