It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leftist Cities Giving Up on Homeless Support

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 06:15 PM
link   
idahonews.com...

Increasing numbers of liberal cities like Portland, Seattle, and New York are cracking down on encampments after years of tolerating growing numbers of people living in tents.

Officials justify the moves by citing recent violent homeless outbursts, littered encampments labeled as health concerns, and increasing homeless deaths.

But advocates for people experiencing homelessness have denounced the maneuvers.

They say the homeless crisis is being treated as a blight or a chance for cheap political gains.

my interpretation is 'they're too close to our gated communities and government offices so they have to go'.
well better late than never.

I feel bad for those people and I don't know the solution, but forcing the rest of us to walk over them and hear their demands for money etc is no good.
whatever happened to 'flophouses'?

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Got too close to home. That is all it takes to put something in action.

Now if true that the vaxes are causing harm, we will only know when govt. employees start to complain, that is if they are still alive.

Homeless and living under the stars in downtown districts from the beginning should have never been tolerated.

America sends billions of dollars in aid to foreign countries .

I guess the cities were being tipped off that the Biden admin. will stop federal grants for the homeless if action is not being taken ?

Cities don't act until the money dries up.

I've always said this: Make a homeless camp on govt. land out west. Bring all type of homeless people there, even by force.
Help the ones that have the desire to make something of themselves.
Those that want to remain vagrants, keep them there.
The mentally ill, and criminally insane, keep them there and provide medical treatment.

If I were President I would implement this plan. Human rights are also being abuse by citizens that want to walk their streets with safety. Works both ways.

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 06:29 PM
link   
NIMBY

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Move the homeless directly into the gated communities, the inhabitants of the gated communities go to the homeless camp.

A perfect solution.

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

This homeless groups were used to capitalized on political gain when they needed the most in democrat rat hole cities.

But now mid term is coming and is not looking pretty for many of this cities, now they want to clean up the mess in order to pander to the party followers that are feed up with the crappy political officials.

The midterms are going to be something interesting to watch.

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

They should send them all to NY, let them liberal state deal with them, plenty of free crack pipes and heroin clinics in that city. See the liberals calls them "rehabilitation centers", but we know what they are, nothing but addiction support centers to keep the addict alive so they can vote for the liberals in power.

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

This homeless groups were used to capitalized on political gain when they needed the most in democrat rat hole cities.

But now mid term is coming and is not looking pretty for many of this cities, now they want to clean up the mess in order to pander to the party followers that are feed up with the crappy political officials.

The midterms are going to be something interesting to watch.

True, but it not going to change the damage done. Don't think it will work now that people are paying out nose with high property taxes.

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 06:59 PM
link   

The article:

Homeless are dying, that's why we want them gone from here. It's too dangerous for them to die here. God bless the homeless.

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 07:00 PM
link   
The past couple of years have shown us liberal policy failure in 4k HD... even the most ardent liberal ideologue can see how their policies have failed.

The are trying to clean up the mess before midterms.

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I'm homeless and not one government agency will help due to lack of funds and donating plasma just to get materials to build a truck camper and only got the skeleton made but was unable to continue because of the cost of materials to complete the project. due to the IRS taking too long for the refund process it won't be till December of 2022 to receive it. so much for freedom.

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: nachofault

Sorry to hear bro, what state are you located in?

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Leftists just figured out that the homeless don't pay taxes and the people that do pay are leaving.

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: nachofault
I'm homeless and not one government agency will help due to lack of funds and donating plasma just to get materials to build a truck camper and only got the skeleton made but was unable to continue because of the cost of materials to complete the project. due to the IRS taking too long for the refund process it won't be till December of 2022 to receive it. so much for freedom.

I think you are better off buying a 125cc motorbike and some camping gear.

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Not entirely, but usually.

The "sanctuary" city of San Diego has many novel solutions.

What if we pay them to be a little less disgusting?

And it only takes 5 bags of trash for their 5th of whiskey.

The city also regards "unattended debris on public property"(sidewalks) as trash to be removed.

They go around with a dump truck and police and any unclaimed crap gets tossed before the sidewalk is cleaned.

And thanks to all other American cities (but mostly Las Vegas) for all those one-way greyhound tickets. They all just sort of stay within 2 blocks of the transit center.

Fentanyl did an okay job at thinning their numbers but people just keep being sent here.

And there's no helping them. They are there to yell and make the sidewalk by your building smell like excrement and urine.

Even though there are tons of free beds to find for work capable sober homeless. I guess those are too lofty of prerequisites? Purge anyone?
edit on 15-3-2022 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Lousy timing. Biden is ramping up the number of homeless Americans to the stratosphere. When his American Family support programs end, just before Christmas this year, the scenes of shivering families will be too much to bear.

edit on 3/15/2022 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman
Texas

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Texas

Too cold at night.

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic
125cc would not be able to carry my camping gears lol however my truck I only paid $100 11 years ago and has not had issues with it since I rebuilt the motor in it my way for better fuel economy. truck camper would be able to provide better shelter and privacy as needed.

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Texas

Man if you were closer to pa I’d tell ya to roll up to my shop I’d help fabricate your deal out

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Thanks that meant alot.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join