It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've fallen (vaping/smoking again)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2022 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Hi all.

I guess many here can relate to the recent years of stress and anxiety building up within us all.
So many I'm sure have picked up old bad habits or started new ones.
Can anyone relate ?
I quit smoking probably about 15 years ago , and just recently caved in and ordered a vaping kit online .
I do not feel bad about it , not at all. In fact I can't wait till it gets here, feeling very impatient!

I keep going back to the site and looking at all the vaping options. I seem to care less and less about slipping in many areas.
Also work wise.
So who can relate ?

posted on Mar, 14 2022 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I have tried about ten types of vapes....I can't use them, they make me feel like crap. I will keep smoking my tobacco, I have one that does not bother me much, way cheaper than buying cigarettes, I roll my own with a machine. I don't smoke that much, maybe half a pack a day at most.

posted on Mar, 14 2022 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
I've seen many vaping youtube videos. They don't complain it makes them feel like crap. But we're all different.
If it makes me feel like crap I'm not sure what I'll do

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Vaping was how I quit a 40 plus year tobacco habit, about 4-6 weeks. Besides, there are some decent vaping and nicotine alternatives now.

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Quit smoking and took up vaping many years ago .
My health cleared up .
I use a strength 3 now and about to switch to 0 .

edit on 3/15/22 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Bingo, same here. I'm not planning on quitting for a bit yet, I order a year's supply at a time.

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ancientlight

So you did not receive it yet? If you know it's bad and have not (re)started yet smoking yet, why are you actively planning?

No offense, I am not a smoker, I do not dislike smokers at all though. I can understand it somehow if a smoker falls back after getting a smoke offered and "just this one".

But you are like "I will order this highly addictive substance that I stopped years ago, will wait a couple of days and then get my fix". This isn't "not caring", it's not your addiction coming back, this borders on active self harm.

Think about it. Best wishes.

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ancientlight
I guess many here can relate to the recent years of stress and anxiety building up within us all.
So many I'm sure have picked up old bad habits or started new ones. Can anyone relate?

Yep. Would you really want to re-start a habit ... during a period of shortage ... that's only getting worse by the day?

I quit smoking probably about 15 years ago

I forget how many years it's been for me. Long time as well. Smoked for 25 years and was at 3-packs/day when I quit (the first time). Rare for me now to even remember when. Mostly happens when I get my pre-doc screening. They ask every damned time. I regret even admitting I 'used to smoke'. It's like they've got something to hold against you.

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Ummm…as long as what your vaping is some chemdawg…or some OG kush…or sour tangie…or blueberry diesel…

I mean…if your going to go there…go big…

Things that make you go…yummm…

IMO…natch…

YouSir

edit on 15-3-2022 by YouSir because: Me…likes…

edit on 15-3-2022 by YouSir because: Twice…

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I quite smoking 4-5 years ago, thanks to a vape.
Not the store bought disposables, a "rig" I guess?

I make the vape fluid for both hubby and I. One thing I learned, was that the propylene glycol made my eczema go crazy.

So we only use three ingredients. Veg glycerin, nicotine and flavoring.

Costing us about 20.00 a month now, and lord knows I smell so much better.

We have noticed though, that we have to clean the vehicles windows a lot. The vapor puts a film on it quick.

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
lord knows I smell so much better

That's a whole reason to quit all by itself.

I actually felt shame for having smoked around non-smokers after I quit.

My mom was a life-long smoker too. The contamination was so bad we had to gut her house before it went to market. Literally changed the color of her wood floors.

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Ain’t worth it. Invest in a heavy bag and take your stress out on it.

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ancientlight

I quit smoking probably about 15 years ago , and just recently caved in and ordered a vaping kit online .

First, congratulations! 15 years is a big achievement!!

That's okay you ordered a vape kit. Give it away to someone, or better yet, return it for a refund.

Don't do it. Just Don't.

Popcorn Lung, CANCER, HOSPITALS... lots of reasons to avoid it.

Yeah, I started smoking again, and I kick myself in the ass every morning after I cough up a big chunk of phlegm and spit it out.

And before someone says vaping is different... Your still sticking sh!t in your lungs that don't belong there...

Good luck. Stay strong and resist the temptation... Even if you resist just for one more day.

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I have tried about ten types of vapes....I can't use them, they make me feel like crap. I will keep smoking my tobacco, I have one that does not bother me much, way cheaper than buying cigarettes, I roll my own with a machine. I don't smoke that much, maybe half a pack a day at most.

I have a friend who started doing that. Buy bulk tobacco in a bag and cig tubes with filter on them and a machine to load them. It occured to me that the tobacco likely isn't treated with all the chemicals that big tobacco uses to keep everyone addicted to the product. So without knowing anymore about it, I'd guess that switching to what you are doing, would be a logical step in quitting if that was what you choose to do. But I'd also guess that tobacco wasn't as bad for you, and may just keep you happy, without the instant death worries.

But I do remember Robin Williams in a movie, "there are two kinds of people in this world, those who smoke, and those who do not, figure out which one you are, and be that".

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I smoked for over 30 years, quit for nearly two year, and then started again in December 2020.

Just got myself off tobacco and have been vaping now for about 3 weeks. The first quit was a cold turkey full stop.

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I stopped Jan 3 this year for the 4th time ... Hopefully done for good this time , the sad part is is that I enjoy smoking lol

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: rickymouse

I have a friend who started doing that. Buy bulk tobacco in a bag and cig tubes with filter on them and a machine to load them. It occured to me that the tobacco likely isn't treated with all the chemicals that big tobacco uses to keep everyone addicted to the product. So without knowing anymore about it, I'd guess that switching to what you are doing, would be a logical step in quitting if that was what you choose to do. But I'd also guess that tobacco wasn't as bad for you, and may just keep you happy, without the instant death worries.

But I do remember Robin Williams in a movie, "there are two kinds of people in this world, those who smoke, and those who do not, figure out which one you are, and be that".

I didn't start smoking till I was around twenty eight...before that I used to go to the bars after work and everyone else paid for my tobacco buzz....The bars were full of smoke those days. I have figured out the main chemical I am intolerant to in tobacco. It is propylene glycol and I am also very intolerant to polyethyline glycol and polysorbate eighty. They do something to my lungs that makes it so I can't take in oxygen, the tobacco I buy doesn't have that in it. Before I started making my own with the filters and machine I smoked Winstons which also did not have that or the native American brand which also did not have that....could never smoke the other brands. The tobacco I use is real similar to Winstons and has nothing added, not even extra nicotine. It doesn't give me much side effects at all, but I also throw a third to a half of the cigarette away because it gets stronger further down and will make me woozie from the extra nicotine in the butt of the cigarette. It costs me around a buck for a pack of twenty cigarettes, I smoke maybe twelve to fifteen a day at half a cigarette so I would say overall I smoke about a maximum of ten a day if you factor that in. Tobacco and filters to make two cartons cost about twenty bucks for those twenty packs.

I am always evaluating things, I often check how much it costs to prepare a good meal and compare it to what they charge in the restaurants. The tip and tax of the restaurant meal many times cover the cost of making the meal from scratch at home and the wife and I definitely agree, our meals we make are better than most restaurants around here. There used to be some small restaurants around here that made real home cooked meals, but they all went out of business now except a few that charge like thirty bucks a plate for their dinners making the cost of the meal and drink and tip over seventy bucks a couple...which costs us about ten bucks to make at home. Studying food chemistry like I do helps me to design recipies that taste really great....plus they have bioavailable nutrients and by doing so you only have to eat half as much to be satisfied. You see, it is not only the medical properties of food I study, it is stuff like the lipid profiles and amino acid variations of every different muscle in a cow and this allows me to taylor recipies to make things taste great.

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 03:39 PM
link   
No, I'm feeling ,and have been feeling very strong nicotine/smoking cravings. Right now I'm feeling it and haven't even eaten anything yet today (4 in the afternoon) . Black coffee isn't doing it anymore.

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: billxam
a reply to: Gothmog

Bingo, same here. I'm not planning on quitting for a bit yet, I order a year's supply at a time.

How much eliquid is a years supply ?

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 04:12 PM
link   
It's not showing up as reply but got a notification that this is one.

First it's your life and no way I am going to tell you what you have to do, I hope it didn't transfer like that. It's just it stood out to me because of personal dealings. I am addicted myself, to sugar and adrenaline through acceleration mostly. It's not the risk that kicks me though but it's also part of my job (that I choose, see how it works).

I know cravings and getting anxiety / excitement when I think about it. The hardest for me is project cars that I have to test. Keeping it cool so to speak. It's constant being reminded / given the possibility. That's what made me do the post, I saw your achievement
and thought "please don't give it up".

A wise young man once said to me that anxiety is our body telling us that something is off. Mostly it's the head, as in sorrow or fears.

I offer to send you positive energy if you agree to it. Not because of the smoking idea but in general. I always ask if it's okay and it's also complete okay if you decline. Just listen to your gut.

*hug*

top topics

<<   2 >>

join