It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flu hitting the South

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2022 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I’ve heard from a number of friends that their kids have the “flu”.

Everyone is in the Southern states right now.
I’ve also heard there is another variant and now Pfizer recommends a 4th booster (oh C’mon!!! 🤬🤑)

Just curious if anyone on here living in the South, or anywhere I guess is hearing about this “flu”?
I find that this is a very odd time for it to be spreading.

I also wonder if some of the areas that were very mask heavy are now being exposed to normal sicknesses.
My state ditched masks pretty early so I feel we are back on normal illness timelines, cold/flu season in November/December.

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 14 2022 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

A 4th booster, that's insane. I didn't get any vacs and had covid at the end of the summer. Still alive to tell the tale.

posted on Mar, 14 2022 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
……
Just curious if anyone on here living in the South, or anywhere I guess is hearing about this “flu”?

I also wonder if some of the areas that were very mask heavy are now being exposed to normal sicknesses.
My state ditched masks pretty early so I feel we are back on normal illness timelines, cold/flu season in November/December.

Formally, flu season in the US extends through at least March, although if there is a particularly contagious strain of influenza virus going around in any given year, it can last until May.

Of course you are back to normal illness times. Seasonal flu is part of “normal”.

posted on Mar, 14 2022 @ 11:52 AM
link   
The Flu AGAIN all of a sudden ???? ☠️🚬

posted on Mar, 14 2022 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I'm in WI and I know of 3 confirmed flu cases recently. Coincidentally all 3 had the flu vax, in 2 of the cases living in the same household with unvaxxed people that didn't get it.

posted on Mar, 14 2022 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadlyStaringFrog
I'm in WI and I know of 3 confirmed flu cases recently. Coincidentally all 3 had the flu vax, in 2 of the cases living in the same household with unvaxxed people that didn't get it.

That’s really weird. I’ve lived here a while and seriously have not heard of flu in March. It’s almost always November/December like clockwork.

Also read that China is locking down over 50 MILLION people because of another Covid outbreak.

Have you noticed that they are going to extremes with “Covid”? Do they know something we don’t know?

posted on Mar, 14 2022 @ 12:14 PM
link   

I’ve heard from a number of friends that their kids have the “flu”.

Everyone is in the Southern states right now.
I’ve also heard there is another variant and now Pfizer recommends a 4th booster (oh C’mon!!! 🤬🤑)

I live in South Florida. Personally I have not heard of anyone with the flu, old or young. I haven't even heard of any recent cases of COVID.

In fact the number of people that were wearing masks and were social distancing are greatly decreasing. Numbers have really picked up in church attendance. I was out all day. Attended a wedding, a leadership meeting, and shopped at Winn Dixie and I saw four people with mask the whole time.

posted on Mar, 14 2022 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Yep just got back from "the south" and live in upper south. Yep, flu and a super super nasty cold virus is going around that is suspiciously like COVID but doesn't test as COVID.

The COVID virus is engineered to depopulate the elderly and chronically ill on a continuous cycle. That saves TPTB a lot of money.

posted on Mar, 14 2022 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

A 4th booster, that's insane. I didn't get any vacs and had covid at the end of the summer. Still alive to tell the tale.

thehill.com...

Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla said on Sunday that a fourth dose of the COVID-19 vaccine will be necessary to continue to help keep hospitalizations manageable and sicknesses more mild.

posted on Mar, 14 2022 @ 12:26 PM
link   

LOL who would have thought? The head of a company that makes money from vaccines, is saying people now 'need' another vaccine! How altruistic!

posted on Mar, 14 2022 @ 12:29 PM
link   

I live in Florida.

It IS FLU SEASON! Nothing unusual about it. I had H1N1 in 2015 at this time of year. I hadn't had the flu before that since I was a kid.

posted on Mar, 14 2022 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Yup. Spring Break also in FL and there are two nasty colds that seem like COVID but none of us tested positive. Son even had the smell/taste weirdness.

Flu shot is being pushed hard a pharmacies.

posted on Mar, 14 2022 @ 12:34 PM
link   

If the China Virus is back...Russia/Ukraine must be about over.

posted on Mar, 14 2022 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
The Flu AGAIN all of a sudden ???? ☠️🚬

What is this "flu"?
Where did the covid-19 go?

posted on Mar, 14 2022 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

OMG you are so right!

posted on Mar, 14 2022 @ 12:44 PM
link   

When the working class starts driving back to work ... well ... that's just a recipe for disaster.

I had to go to the store this morning. You should'a heard the folks bitchin' about the gas prices. One of the cashiers came 'this close' to gettin' popped in the mouth by an angry redneck. She knew it too.

Don't know nuffin' about no stinkin' flu. I used to be an advocate for the flu vax, but there's no telling what they're puttin' in those vials these days. I suspect it's more of that COVID stuff.

posted on Mar, 14 2022 @ 12:47 PM
link   

OMG you are so right!

After everyone gets their 4th jab...we can expect China/Taiwan to start.

posted on Mar, 14 2022 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I live in southern Ga, no flu been reported in my area that I know, I spend 5 days in Panama city beach at my daughters wedding, no sick, no flu, everybody having a great time.

Something odd, no covid either

posted on Mar, 14 2022 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Flu is on the rise. Oklahoma is currently the state with the highest incidence. Idaho and Kansas are also currently seeing a good bit of flu. The incidence is also rising in all the other states.

It was said many times that the flu would make a major comeback after being put out of circulation for so long by the covid restrictions and precautions.

Flu cases are still low in Oregon. We just dropped the mask requirement and I expect we'll see a steep rise in the flu here over the course of the coming weeks.

posted on Mar, 14 2022 @ 01:01 PM
link   
A question? Most of ATS state masks do not work to stop any virus, so why would dropping mask mandates have anything to do with the increase in the flu? I see posts here stating the increase is do to a lessening of requirements.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join