It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we please have a moment of silence

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2022 @ 07:58 AM
link   
For the teenagers brah.

I remember how much fun i had, everyone was super cool, wore cool clothes, always drinking beer,smoking weed, stealing cars, man, it was the bomb, i can not imagine how much it must suck to be a teenager with covid and everything being "toxic".

There was so many crazy parties, so many boobs hanging out.. Cool times.

Feel free to share your memories or condolences here.

edit on 14-3-2022 by XipeTotex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2022 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: XipeTotex
stealing cars

Amazing you survived your youth.

posted on Mar, 14 2022 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Your youth sounds like a living Hell. Really it does.

Why does everything have to be about rampant nihilistic and destructive actions and thoughts? Nothing you posted sounds cool at all, just like Sodom......

Man, we're a messed up batch. Most teenagers just want a quiet life, which is good to want, noble. Not everyone wants the world to burn in violence and lust.

I can also, safely say, that its rare for a teen to Rob a car.... Sounds to me like you're reminiscing about a reprobate youth, to that I say....

1 Corinthians 13:11 - When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things...... This includes dragging up old sins as something to be cherished....

reply to: XipeTotex

posted on Mar, 14 2022 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

stealing cars

Always been lucky i guess,

posted on Mar, 14 2022 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius
Your youth sounds like a living Hell. Really it does.

Why does everything have to be about rampant nihilistic and destructive actions and thoughts? Nothing you posted sounds cool at all, just like Sodom......

Man, we're a messed up batch. Most teenagers just want a quiet life, which is good to want, noble. Not everyone wants the world to burn in violence and lust.

I can also, safely say, that its rare for a teen to Rob a car.... Sounds to me like you're reminiscing about a reprobate youth, to that I say....

1 Corinthians 13:11 - When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things...... This includes dragging up old sins as something to be cherished....

Well for a long time i have been living a quiet life, i like the calm, but i would never trade my wild years for anything in the world, like i said, i feel sorry for the kids today because they have been robbed the chance to do dumb s(SNIP).

posted on Mar, 14 2022 @ 08:26 AM
link   
No they havent. And if youre glad you live a quiet life, why then are you reminiscing about the youth?

You hold onto the wild years for what? I detest what I did as a youth being unthankful, violently minded, drug addled and alcoholic. I'd change it if I could, but I'm ashamed of what I did. I do NOT want my children doing the same - ever.

When I mention a quiet life, I meant one content now, not needing to hearken back to sinful times... Dwelling on past lusts is a sin my man.....

posted on Mar, 14 2022 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

Each to their own man, i have no regrets, every mistake was mine to make.

posted on Mar, 14 2022 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I was playing 70's disco music this morning....when I was in my 20's. I danced, danced, danced and even won a dancing contest..ah good memories!

So I have decided I'll go out dancing sometime this year, why not!

posted on Mar, 14 2022 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

stealing cars

Well actually, i know i was lucky, many of the kids i knew have died,suicide,jailed, have seen some of the girls too, walking with an army of kids, all from different baby daddies, but there are some like me, who just got have loads of fun, missed all the fatal or nasty stuff. But thats the way she goes.

posted on Mar, 14 2022 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius
No they havent. And if youre glad you live a quiet life, why then are you reminiscing about the youth?

I can honestly say, from experience, you need to be a bit wild as teens. When I was in my teens, I was a good kid. Had a lot of fun...the good, clean kind that you speak of. I went to college to be a preacher. I hit 21 and got a taste of freedom from home and went wild.

Today, 20 years later, I am in recovery for my Alcholism....1 year sober March 30th at 4pm.

While I wish I hadn't lived as wild as I did, I don't regret those days. I look back on them and learn from them. The best lessons in life are the hardest to go through.

I have partied with rock stars, smoked weed with BIG name CEOs, got drunk in the alley with winos, and on it goes.

I learned to read people real well. I was a very smart student, high honors, dean's list, and professional awards by the time I was 21. And get screwed over a few times, real big. For example, I pitched a TV show to Fox. They turned it down, said it would never work. A year later, 24 became a smash hit. I couldn't profit off it bc I did not do any type of NDA. I trusted their word. Not anymore. I haven't been fooled in a long time. I do attribute this to the shady world I was a part of....keep your circle of trusted friends small, keep your enemy close, and treat those around you with respect, even if they are snakes...in my world, trust and respect are earned. I give everyone a chance, it is what they do with it that counts.

So yeah, I feel bad for teens today, for many of the reasons the OP stated, but also for the fact that these kids can't learn these life lessons with the safety net of home. They end up in the real world, and don't know how to cope or deal with people.

And I truly believe that if you can't look back on your past and learn from it, your life is sad. I could get deeper into it, but I feel you probably didn't read this far.
edit on 14-3-2022 by theatreboy because: The NSA knows why....

posted on Mar, 14 2022 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: XipeTotex
I get what you're saying, though I'd have left the stealing cars part out. You can bet today's teens will find a way to sow their "wild oats". Covid isn't going to stop most of them. They'll have their chance to do stupid and irresponsible things just as we did.

posted on Mar, 14 2022 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I hope so!

Wanted to have chat about this because i run a tattoo studio, and sometimes hear what the clients talk about while they are being tattooed and many of the young folk have complained about how disappointed they have been, and that they feel like they have missed out.
edit on 14-3-2022 by XipeTotex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2022 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

Many try to catch up a missed youth during midlife crisis, that's the real pity.
I guess some people are just boring?

posted on Mar, 14 2022 @ 09:48 AM
link   

For the teenagers brah.

Indeed, puppies. You were meant to be here and we love you.

posted on Mar, 14 2022 @ 09:57 AM
link   
My dad gave my brother, Rick, my grandfather's super 8 Bonneville. Way too much for a teenager. With 4 in the front seat we'd drive thru the fields of the local national park at night and generally terrorize the neighborhood. We finally got pulled over holding on to shopping carts (when the mall was closed) and driving fast and letting go of the chart to crash into a wall.

The cop came over, with 4 of us in the front seat, and says, "who do you think you are, Ricky Racer?" Since my brother's name is Rick, we burst out laughing. One of us had to move to the back seat and we got a warning.

posted on Mar, 14 2022 @ 10:40 AM
link   

When i was a teen, a youth, I was a rebel.

I remember fondly of the time I once ate an entire meal using my salad fork.

No lie.

There are pictures.

posted on Mar, 14 2022 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
When i was a teen, a youth, I was a rebel.

I remember fondly of the time I once ate an entire meal using my salad fork.

No lie.

There are pictures.

Of the meal? Did they use a telephoto lens to capture all the gluttony?

posted on Mar, 14 2022 @ 10:46 AM
link   

We really have yet to understand the full extent of what we've done to the current generations of youth. Covid kids will be hitting political activism age around 2040, if there's anything left by then it'll be a heck of a ride.

posted on Mar, 14 2022 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Wide angle lens.

posted on Mar, 14 2022 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Awesome music!

I had a rather wild youth. Never stole cars or anything though. I was always at clubs or going to concerts, even met rock stars. No, I never slept with any of them. lol I wasn't that kind of girl. Fun times though. So care free, dancing the nights away.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join