It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ways To Get Your Prescriptions For Less

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid
a reply to: BrokenCircles
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

It’s common practice for companies to share data for advertising and analytics purposes, which is what GoodRx does. And the small amount of data that is shared cannot be linked back to an individual person,” a GoodRx spokesperson said in a statement to Clark.com. “GoodRx has also gone above and beyond in implementing an opt-out and data deletion feature that is available to all users.”

10 Things To Know Before You Use GoodRx

They also have premium services available for a monthly subscription which will give access to deeper discounts on certain medications. And they sell ads on their website. So that's how they make their money.

You can clear the cache, delete cookies, and turn off location services if you're really worried,

Thanks for the info.

I just don't understand how and why Publix was charging so much money, especially with a co-pay. When I could get the same medication for 80% less by not going through my insurance.

I find that that more disturbing than anything else.

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
a reply to: BrokenCircles

I wondered the same thing. There is no membership, and all I did was show them a coupon on my phone that I did not have to download. The pharmacy has little info on me, and I did not have to sign a waiver or permission form of any kind.

The deal seems to be between the Pharmacy and the discount company. So yes, I am very curious about the whole thing. But I couldn't find anything untoward about it. Yet.

I wonder how it can happen, and the "good RX" people can even afford TV commercials. I'd be interested to see the business model attached to that.

I actually looked this up as I had always assumed it was data analytics where they were making money. It appears I was wrong or they're trying to cover that up. I find it hard to believe there isn't some data sales going on.

Allegedly it's through referrals, subscription service, and ads. There's enough wiggle room in the prices for squeezing money out I guess. Pharma margins are pretty sweet.

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I just don't understand how and why Publix was charging so much money, especially with a co-pay. When I could get the same medication for 80% less by not going through my insurance.

I find that that more disturbing than anything else.

In my opinion, the answer that makes the most sense on that is simply that the whole system is a huge scam and they're all a bunch of thieving bastards.

There should be no need for any of this stuff. Obviously, it can be sold cheaper. People shouldn't have to find a 3rd party company to tell the pharmacy that it's ok for them to sell it to you cheaper.

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: schuyler

Income Tax rates depend on the band you fall into.

Our NHS is mainly funded from general taxation and National Insurance contributions if that helps.

No, it avoids the question. Here are the UK Tax rates for 2022 And here are the US Tax rates for 2022. Compare and contrast and you will find that the UK tax rate is about double the US tax rate in the mid ranges. And while you're at it, also compare the cost of petrol in both countries. Then tell us how your prescriptions are "free."
edit on 3/13/2022 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 04:04 PM
link   

If they say the regular price is $100 and insurance only pays 60-80% they'll net $60 to $80 when they bill it out. It's a lot of that.

Most people don't check the rates, so at least at the pharmacies we go to, they'll offer you the coupon rate (or tell you about it) whether you have insurance or not.

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Im afraid its does not avoid anything.

They are not "free" per-say, but we don't pay cash monies at pharmacies for them.

We are rather happy with the service because it allows everyone access to the prescriptions they require from all walks of life and especially the most vulnerable and poorest members of our society.

The payment comes from general taxation and National Insurance contributions which everyone pays.

As to the cost, if its the little extra and that's where your gripe lies, so be it.

Now where petrol is concerned, petrol has always been dearer in the UK as opposed to the USA as far as i can remember.

Cost of living varies depending on where you hail from, and that's just how the world spins.

Do you think its some kind of competition? LoL
edit on 13-3-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: hadriana
If you have Amazon prime, you can get their drug discount card. I use Amazon pharmacy and often my drugs are less than $7 for 3 months supply- and that's shipped!

My last prescription was $112/mo. At Amazon pharmacy it was $7.40 for 3 months supply shipped.

Also, Publix has a lot of common drugs free. They keep a current list online.

I was using Publix. Nothing cheap in my Publix. And none of my meds are on the free list.

Yes, it's just some very common generic antibiotics and such.

Check pharmacy.amazon.com
They are the cheapest I have found.

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 07:38 PM
link   

If you have Amazon prime, you can get their drug discount card. I use Amazon pharmacy and often my drugs are less than $7 for 3 months supply- and that's shipped!

My last prescription was $112/mo. At Amazon pharmacy it was $7.40 for 3 months supply shipped.

Also, Publix has a lot of common drugs free. They keep a current list online.

I was using Publix. Nothing cheap in my Publix. And none of my meds are on the free list.

Yes, it's just some very common generic antibiotics and such.

Check pharmacy.amazon.com
They are the cheapest I have found.

Darn! Amazon is fifty dollars more.

So far RX Saver and Good Rx are the cheapest, and they both charge the same amount.

I will keep looking though.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join