It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

impervious.ai

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I came across this website...

Anyone know any more about it?

It's got something to do with bitcoin and something called lightening?

Apparantly, it's releasing on April 7th.

Anyone?

www.impervious.ai...

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: gspat

It's a P2P network based on BTCs layer 3 aka "lightning network" with payment ability.

Check out this
Bitcoinist.com What is the impervious browser
edit on 12.3.2022 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain

It's a P2P network based on BTCs layer 3 aka "lightning network" with payment ability.

Check out this

Ah.. Thank you!

Seems to me I've heard this all before?

Well, at least extremely similar.

What's the liklihood that there is some kind of back door to it that lets "Malicious Actors" - As they say - Get info from this?

Weren't TOR and Freenet supposed to be "this"?

Colour me suspicious.

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 04:58 AM
link   

According to the github it's been forked from firefox browser.

That immediately degraded my interest and trust by a hundred times.

github.com...
edit on 12.3.2022 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 05:07 AM
link   

It's adding functionality to BTC via transactions. The problem is they're trying to add functionality on top of a prior layer that failed to add functionality via transactions already.

Lightening Network isn't settlement and hasn't really solved BTC's transaction speed problem. They're just essentially approving transactions. The blocks still need to be written via proof of work and thus, it won't scale. There are many BTC fans that claim it's going to be updated and fixed, but then one has to wonder why roll out layer 3 if layer 2 isn't right yet?

Kinda baffling to me. I'll be following this, but I haven't seen how it changes transaction speed. I feel like they're just kicking the can down the road. They're also batty if they think people are going to be able to do P2P transactions at any kind of scale without government intervention.

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

It's adding functionality to BTC via transactions. The problem is they're trying to add functionality on top of a prior layer that failed to add functionality via transactions already.

Lightening Network isn't settlement and hasn't really solved BTC's transaction speed problem. They're just essentially approving transactions. The blocks still need to be written via proof of work and thus, it won't scale. There are many BTC fans that claim it's going to be updated and fixed, but then one has to wonder why roll out layer 3 if layer 2 isn't right yet?

Kinda baffling to me. I'll be following this, but I haven't seen how it changes transaction speed. I feel like they're just kicking the can down the road. They're also batty if they think people are going to be able to do P2P transactions at any kind of scale without government intervention.

I'm not understanding this...

Can you please expand on "Isn't Settlement"?

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe
Agreed, also, ETH has much better possibilities than BTC in this aspect. This feels like somebody trying to wire in Link G4+ into a 1950s car that still has manual timed ignition distributor and then selling it as innovation.

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: gspat

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

I'm not understanding this...

Can you please expand on "Isn't Settlement"?

Sorry, that was me using jargon.

It doesn't provide the transaction settlement. The vendor doesn't have the BTC in their account when the transaction with their customer is complete. The BTC officially still changes hands after it's written to the Blockchain and, during times of network congestion, that can be many hours. This problem will only get worse as more people use BTC for transactions.

It's a seemingly entirely cosmetic fix.

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Ah.. ok..

That still doesn't explain what a browser has to do with any of this?

Maybe I'm just dense?

Does this mean any website I go to becomes part of this blockchain now? Wouldn't that tie any transaction made directly back to me as a user?

So many questions.. Why does it seem completely insecure to me?

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 05:55 AM
link   

The browser will use the P2P network. P2P means that instead of getting the data centralized, you get it from other participants of the network. It's most popular use is file sharing. You start with one person that has it and when the first one downloaded it, the next one get's it from those two, halving their bandwith need.

And so on, until you have thousands of people that each share one slice of the data with you. This makes it more hardened against spying and tampering, since it's like a 1000 computers all provide one word but only the receiving computer knows how to put it together so it is a text. The communication that you open through that impervious Browser will route all requests inside that P2P network.

The biggest advantage is that once info is out, you can hardly get rid of it until you found or blocked the last computer that would provide that info. Bitchute works similar.

It still all works on the current internet, as you need means of connection. ISPs still have to route these protocols through their hardware and cables, if they decide to do not and block it, everything fails.

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Check out this..

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 09:39 AM
link   

The browser will use the P2P network. P2P means that instead of getting the data centralized, you get it from other participants of the network. It's most popular use is file sharing. You start with one person that has it and when the first one downloaded it, the next one get's it from those two, halving their bandwith need...

And so on, until you have thousands of people that each share one slice of the data with you. This makes it more hardened against spying and tampering, since it's like a 1000 computers all provide one word but only the receiving computer knows how to put it together so it is a text. The communication that you open through that impervious Browser will route all requests inside that P2P network.

The biggest advantage is that once info is out, you can hardly get rid of it until you found or blocked the last computer that would provide that info. Bitchute works similar.

It still all works on the current internet, as you need means of connection. ISPs still have to route these protocols through their hardware and cables, if they decide to do not and block it, everything fails.

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Ah.. ok..

Maybe I'm just dense?..

Does this mean any website I go to becomes part of this blockchain now? Wouldn't that tie any transaction made directly back to me as a user?

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Ah.. ok..

Maybe I'm just dense?

top topics

join