It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mayor of Melitopol, Ukraine, has been abducted, officials say

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Makes me wonder how desperate is Russia to pull stunts like this, charged him with terrorism. It's like they don't give a damn now, and that could get even more chaotic before it calms down

twitter.com...

www.npr.org...

The mayor of Melitopol, Ukraine, was abducted Friday by Russians, according to a statement from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine, in what it calls "a war crime under the Geneva Conventions."

According to Ukraine's parliament, Mayor Ivan Fedorov was detained by approximately 10 people while in the city center.

"During Fedorov's abduction, they put a plastic bag on his head," the parliament said on its official Twitter account.

The ministry has called on the international community to help free Fedorov.

edit on 11-3-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-3-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 06:52 PM
link   
And we are supposed to believe this because?

"The fact of the abduction of the mayor of Melitopol, along with hundreds of other facts of war crimes by Russian occupiers on the Ukrainian soil,

Just a hunch that there is a lot of propaganda.

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Just reporting the story...
Not saying the video is 100% UNDENIABLE true,hell if could Ukrainians doing it to put the blame on RUSSIA for that matter

but did you watch the video? somebody led a guy restrained from a building and plaza that looked semi-official.

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Well you did say "Makes me wonder how desperate is Russia to pull stunts like this".

And yes I saw the video.

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 07:15 PM
link   

The Drama !!

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer

Well you did say "Makes me wonder how desperate is Russia to pull stunts like this".

And yes I saw the video.

Most times when I post something with some evidence it may be true I sometimes speculate as to the motivations of those mentioned in the post.

New York Post is running with it...FWIW

nypost.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

The Drama !!

Okay, what is the point of faking this happening? What's the propaganda power in it?

open to any and all theories that have actual evidence contrary to this, instead of the Reddit mantra it's fake/drama with no evidence to support that position at all.

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Okay, what is the point of faking this happening? What's the propaganda power in it?

Just ask yourself who could benefit from from faking this and how. Unless you've already made up your mind it's true, you should be able to come of with many scenarios as to why it may not be true.

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Like they say . . . .

only a time traveler can unring a bell 😎

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 08:02 PM
link   
That article seems war time propaganda like the ones i had seen during the conflict in Syria. Do you believe the media that Russia is staging a chemical attack?

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Really???

If it is actually staged by the west for propaganda purposes, then it fits right in with all the current sentiment being blasted in the news how rotten Russia is, to get the public super ramped up against Russia so they can coddle everyone with the need for sacrifice, so people will tolerate all the incredible high prices and the really nasty things people will endure coming very soon and already arriving, (instead of targeting THEM and tarring and feathering them) and then Biden can just blame it all elsewhere than his incompetence, and the incompetence's of all the current politicians who are parroting the company mantra. Damage control in advance of people turning on them.

It's very simple math.

If this is not staged then that's even better and they will call it a freebie in private conversations.
edit on 11-3-2022 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: eta

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Just like the media are now accusing Russians of wanting to start a chemical attack in Ukraine? for the past 20 years i dont remember a single story where the Russians used chemical weapons.

Expect the ones the NATO/US dropped in Serbia and in Iraq a few years back.

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Just like the media are now accusing Russians of wanting to start a chemical attack in Ukraine? for the past 20 years i dont remember a single story where the Russians used chemical weapons.

Expect the ones the NATO/US dropped in Serbia and in Iraq a few years back.

Yep exactly. The lies coming from the media are bolder and becoming bald face style lies. Usually, traditionally speaking, propaganda had some truth in it to make it believable more easily. Now however, the lies are just trash worthy. (And besides, it's coming from the same sources that have done nothing except lie constantly about everything else for several years without any attempt to even make them believable.

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 08:49 PM
link   
So not one lick of evidence it is being faked or it's propaganda, but it's fake and/or its propaganda. Obviously, it can be completely true and still be used intently for propaganda. But to what end? most of the country and world is completely behind the save Ukraine Russia bad narrative, hell at this point is it overkill?

is staging the kidnapping of the Mayor gonna be the tipping point where NATO does what differently? Now they will send the MIGS?

Nope, sometimes stuff just happens without the NWO/WEF/TPTB making it happen, perhaps it is just Russian troops adjusting to changing conditions in the patrol area, perhaps his name was on a list somewhere.

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

Just ask yourself who could benefit from from faking this and how. Unless you've already made up your mind it's true, you should be able to come of with many scenarios as to why it may not be true.

I don't outright believe anything from our media or their media, period. However, if you think Ukraine while getting hammered with the city occupied are gonna pretend to kidnap a mayor to garner support? please. As for the Russians what is their propaganda benefit, nobody believes their stuff, but I could see them wanting to interrogate him for info it's extremely close to the home area of the Azov Battalion. For that matter, it could be the extraction of an asset, troops need info, or it could have been ordered for potential captive exchange.

Plenty of scenarios for it to be legit as well

Everything isn't fake or my default view isn't everything is fake, Ukraine can be full of corrupt Nazi bastards and the innocent people being affected by this still exist.

If it is false show evidence it has been faked instead of immediately branding it fake, because.

As always Id rather be wrong and find out the truth than be considered right and it be false.

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 09:17 PM
link   
First, you have to believe the MSM telling us he's been kidnapped. Like you, I don't take anything they say at face value anymore, and am not willing to invest any energy in getting outraged at the latest news report.

Getting worked up over things I have no control over gave me an ulcer once; it's not worth it. As it is, it looks to me like we're expected to choose which side is the most evil,, and I think it balances out when all things are considered.

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Not worked up at all, hell ATS is a welcome distraction from my personal life and responsibilities, if I got an ulcer it's gonna because of something local in my life.

Regardless it is something worth watching, IF true it could be nothing or it could be something else. Could it be retaliation for the ouster of the alledged woman spy a day or so ago?

I know one thing Id skip the political pressers and watch the State Department and the Pentagon, not saying they are or are not any more truthful, because I believe they will lie if it suits the situation too. But they do know their craft, unlike Biden or Harris, so besides knowing their craft what are their motivations?

How both Russia and the US are acting so far it seems each one believes they have this won if they just keep up the pressure. Every time this happens a country gets pummeled.

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
Makes me wonder how desperate is Russia to pull stunts like this, charged him with terrorism. It's like they don't give a damn now, and that could get even more chaotic before it calms down

twitter.com...

www.npr.org...

The mayor of Melitopol, Ukraine, was abducted Friday by Russians, according to a statement from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine, in what it calls "a war crime under the Geneva Conventions."

According to Ukraine's parliament, Mayor Ivan Fedorov was detained by approximately 10 people while in the city center.

"During Fedorov's abduction, they put a plastic bag on his head," the parliament said on its official Twitter account.

The ministry has called on the international community to help free Fedorov.

Yeah right and Epstein killed himself.
edit on 2022 by shaemac because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Not worked up at all

Ummm…perhaps…perhaps not…

One thing is evident by your commentary throughout this current debacle…and that is that your certainly invested…

Invested in the scenario’s presented by the Biden administration…NATO…the three letters…and the MSM…

Which is really kind of disturbing…because before this you used to be quite critical of their fake news…
Yet…now you seem to buy whole cloth their obvious propaganda…

Not just zeroing in on you…I’ve noticed the same assimilation happen with other formerly skeptical people here…

What makes you suddenly think that…this time their version is somehow the true representation of reality and fact…?

Especially in light of them stating precisely that their goal is to have the public accept for reality…the complete opposite of fact and realism…

Things that make you go…hmmm…

YouSir

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Not worked up at all

Ummm…perhaps…perhaps not…

One thing is evident by your commentary throughout this current debacle…and that is that your certainly invested…

Invested in the scenario’s presented by the Biden administration…NATO…the three letters…and the MSM…

Which is really kind of disturbing…because before this you used to be quite critical of their fake news…
Yet…now you seem to buy whole cloth their obvious propaganda…

Not just zeroing in on you…I’ve noticed the same assimilation happen with other formerly skeptical people here…

What makes you suddenly think that…this time their version is somehow the true representation of reality and fact…?

Especially in light of them stating precisely that their goal is to have the public accept for reality…the complete opposite of fact and realism…

Things that make you go…hmmm…

YouSir

Not buying anything or selling for that matter, just watching it all unfold, and trying to see what happens next. My earlier post said Id watch what the State Department and the Pentagon say not because I trust them, but I do believe they are closer to who is actually making the decisions not only on Ukraine but other issues also.

Invested more like entertained and trying to learn beyond just my perspective, if you got the impression I think I know what's going on I don't.

But I don't mind scrutinizing all viewpoints mine included, the correct ones usually stand up to the scrutiny.
like I assume everybody is

Not a fan of Biden or how this has been approached at all, just want the US out of it and don't want it to escalate.

Just don't believe every facet of this "military excursion" has been planned out by anybody. Certainly don't see how the NWO/WEF ordered 10 soldiers to fake a kidnapping of Melitopol's mayor.

You can have the NWO/WEF and still have individual events happen completely organically and separate from Jeffrey Epstein
edit on 12-3-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join