It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else suffering from Tinnitus?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire
I have it and have had it for years now.
Complete silence is a thing of the past for me and has been for a while now. I to liked to just sit in silence and think. Now I have a constant companion in the silence. You will learn to get used to it. Background noise is helpful but that is just disguising it from you. There is no cure for this. I to have watched too many videos of snake oil salesmen to count.
The VA gave me hearing aids. The hearing aid amplifies the background noise and helps hide the noise in your head. But is is only temporary. However on the bright side I can hear better and the noise seem to be diminished.
Tinnitus is something that is going on in your brain not your ears. I've seen many descriptions and explanations of what it is. None of them know what it is nor does it make me feel any better. Just know that in all likelihood it will never completely go away. Sometimes it will be loud sometimes it will be softer but it will always be there.
Good luck in your suffering and by no means are you alone.

edit on 12-3-2022 by Bob350 because: clarity

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6
Spaghetti (red) sauce seems to increase noise levels for me.
There definitely is a diet connection IMO, but it will probably be different for each person.

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 01:30 PM
link   

visit a neurologist, take MRI scan of your head.

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: jedi_hamster

visit a neurologist, take MRI scan of your head.

My ENT had me get an MRI too, I would recommend it as well. My MRI was clear and was one reason my doctor considered the possibility that my case was Meniere's Disease, as any other cause has been dismissed.

Magnesium plays a role too

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I have it in both ears, like a 15 Khz high tone. Never stops. Too much loud music and noise in younger years.. I am able to totally ignore it so it doesn't bother me at all, until; I saw this thread and was reminded of it. Now I can't stop noticing it anymore.

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Working in engine rooms in the navy and around steam turbines in a chemical plant.
Plus running rock drills in mines and blasting.

Yes, I have tinnitus and have had it for over 50 years.

Hearing protection never worked over time. I used foam plugs plus headsets at the same time.

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 11:02 PM
link   
ginger and fresh garlic, not a cure, but good to eat before bedtime
stay away from coffee in the morning also

posted on Mar, 14 2022 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Every few years, one of my ears gets blocked with wax. I never do anything about it until it's pretty bad, and then I get it irrigated. Leading up to the point where it gets really blocked, that blocked ear rings like crazy. After it's unblocked, the ringing is less, and then over the next few days, it basically disappears.

I have gotten to the point where I know that an ear is beginning to block up again, even though I don't feel like it's blocked, when I start hearing ringing in my ear. Sure enough, over the next few weeks, the ear gets more and more blocked.

A friend of mine who always has ear-wax problems has a lot of ringing.

They are related. You might want to get your ears safely irrigated and see if it helps

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Vaccine Researcher Who Developed Tinnitus After COVID Shot Calls for Further Study

source

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 05:13 AM
link   

I have had it since I was 42. Doctor says it could be stress related because that causes tension in your neck and temple which will cause tiny veins near your eardrum to come in contact with your eardrum which causes woodpecker noise if your heart rate is up. If it’s not then it irritates your eardrum and causes the ringing. Reading when your eyesight has started to get worse in your older years will also cause tension and cause them to ring. Cell phone reading and watching is a main cause because it’s a stressor on your eyes from focusing and refocusing constantly. His prescription was don’t drive at night, dont use your cellphone more than an hour a day, take walks outdoors an hour a day, only watch an hour of TV, try to only listen to videos on your cell phone, and limit news to 30 minutes a day. That’s about all you can do.

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: mcsnacks77
Thanks Mc. I will take that under advisement and take it up with my GP in an up coming visit.

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I was 8 years old when I first noticed the high pitched ring in my ears. That was after 3 seasons of waddling sideways holding back butter bean branches as dad ran the motorized garden tiller in between row after row. Ear protection wasn't even thought of back then. As a teen, the rock concerts and car stereos with amps did not help either. Lucky for me I'm laid back and never focused on it much but it's always there. It keeps me from hearing things I want to hear. It can alter slightly in pitch at times. I've never sought help for be it and probably won't since through research I've found nothing seems to work for others. If something is found to truly work, I might try it out but if not, no biggie since I am used to it going on 42 years of ringing now. I can imagine it would be strange, but welcome, to have it go away. Reminds me of my ex. When we divorced I finally realized what I'd been putting up with.

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Got diagnosed yesterday. Also have an increase in my hearing loss. That's kind of interesting since the last eleven years I've worked in a low noise environment. The VA Doc put me in for the Tinnitus as well as for the increase in Arthritis in my Right Arm. The Arthritis is service connected from an incident in 86. A direct quote from the Doc was "With the progression of that arm, they should have been paying you for years."

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join