It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else suffering from Tinnitus?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Mine developed slowly over time, decades of headphone use at high volume probably a contributing factor, but exacerbated in recent years by chemotherapy.

I can't sit in silence, there isn't any, and as people have said the only thing you can do is learn to live with it - the more you pay attention to it the worse it will seem.

(post by Fidodofi removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: SeaWorthy

I dont doubt all the electronics are part of the problem, but when I went out last weekend roughly a hundred miles from the artic circle, once I slowed down and relaxed it was like having a toddler screaming in my ear.

maybe it gets better over time, but just a day away from everything and it sucked.

That must be amazing. How many people have been there thru history. Not many.

I don't know anything about this very complicated condition. The Dr. Berg video popped up on YT after I read this thread so posted it.

The area you are in must be energetically complicated, from the northern lights to haarp. Maybe something like an emp meter could give you a better idea.

High Frequency Activity Auroral Research Program

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 11:01 AM
link   
i had mine since i was a kid. thought everyone heard high pitch noises. never knew there is actually people who hear just silence. you do get use to it. i do not think there is any cure out there. i alway have music on or go to sleep listening to podcasts.
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

originally posted by: BelleEpoque
.....insulin resistance and metabolic syndrome is off the charts even for the skinnies and causes all our declining conditions. Fasting helps address and heal our insulin levels.

I love your avatar.

Yes, I am a "skinny". You give me incentive to fast, thanks.

Glad you like the avatar. I was going to give it a "Q" tail on the circle but got flustered in photoshop..lol

If you like my Avvie, it's time to upgrade my signature, watch out..

LOVE iT

Be careful fasting skinny. The next time I do it I'm going to cut off the wifi, etc. it will be a great addition.

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: BelleEpoque

I love it, just won't be able to afford extended living here.

Between the rising price of gas, heating oil, and houses I have a good paying job and I'm paycheck to paycheck.

Took the job for a career change exp boost, and to get the Alaska exp.

There is definitely a fundamental energy for lack of a better term in the area I have not felt anywhere else.

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I go to the VA on the 21st to have my right arm and shoulder re-evaluated (injury from 1986 helicopter incident). They asked if I have Tinnitus and are going to add it to the evaluation. This appointment is two years past due because of the COVID flap. Mine's from playing around jets when I was younger. Almost four years on an aircraft carrier flight deck. When the Tomcats hit afterburner on the catapults you could feel your internal organs vibrate.

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

I feel you on the organ rattling, b-1 did something similar that can't have been healthy for us.

Doc always told me I was imagination, yet never took my invitation to come launch a jet.

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Your tinnitus sounds exactly like how I'd describe mine. I've had it for as long as I can remember and I'm 63 now. I can easily see how it might drive someone to suicide if they let it get to them. When it's quiet it sounds like a cacophony of cicadas in my head. It's unbearable. But I manage to put it out of my mind for something like 98% of the time because of background noise, etc. And beer...

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I've been launching a helo off Spot 3 on the angle deck and had a Tomcat on both bow catapults and one waiting to go on each of them. Four Tomcats with in 200 feet of me. I've actually had grease that was on my lifejacket start smoking from the exhaust. The dumb thing is that I do miss it.

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: HODOSKE

Yeah, I remember when I was a kid from the suburbs. We would take our vacations way up in the mountains with no one else around. It was quiet. I do recall hearing that buzz back then when all was still. But it was not as loud as it is for me now. I also recall from back then that I aways thought it was residual from living in town. But once I had settled in that mountain silence my head would become silent too. Not now though.

Interesting posts in this thread I think. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 04:26 PM
link   
You might think this is a off the wall comment but a few beers and mine goes away . "Till morning at least"

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

That inner ear thing is interesting. Actually this whole thread is brimming with possibilities.

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

Feel that, I sometimes wonder if I should go back to aircraft maintenance.

Then I get up outta bed in the morning with my back screaming the f you will.

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Ive always had mild pulsatile tinnitus. But its in a realm that people would consider normal.

But since i had a blood transfusion in 2019 its gotten unbearable. Its not related to my RBC/hemoglobin...those are in normal ranges right now and I can hear the pounding of my pulse and rush of blood in my ears non stop, like an intense static/white noise.

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 05:21 PM
link   
We are so bombarded with noises and electronics, when the power goes out you really feel different.

This is why people sleep with the tv on, they dont like silence..

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 08:23 PM
link   
It began for me following a closed head injury that later was discovered to be a small bleed in the internal capsule.

For many years I assumed it was inner ear/brain-related.

About twelve months ago I noticed relief after a neck massage then my wife convinced me to visit an old-school chiropractor. After the first visit it seemed worse but after a few days it had almost completely gone.

Now if my head is lifted/stretched it intensifies while doing it but once released it settles.

I know there can be many causes of tinnitus but never considered it could be referred from structures in my neck.

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
I didn't notice it much at first, when I was younger. Now and then I would notice it but without really noticing it would be gone and I would forget about it. Until that is, it would come again and I would go, ''Oh, there it is again'' and then go on about my stuff. Then I retired and moved to the country where silence was much more prevalent.

That silence has now become a curse. I always loved silence, the sitting or walking alone in quite places. Times to clear my head, find that inner silence to let my mind fill itself with possibilities of of thought and creative philosophical explorations. Now those seem to be gone for the most part.

My tinnitus began in earnest maybe five years ago when I realized that it had become a real nuisance. It wasn't a ''ringing in my ears'' as it is so commonly considered but rather a high ''buzz'' though out my head. Ever take a hearing exam? The one where they put the headphones on you and the give a little buzz in one ear and then in the other ear and make is so it seems that the ''buzz'' comes from different places around you? Well that is the tinnitus I have. But not just in little blips of sound here and there but as a constant cacophony of buzzzzzz all though out my head.

I have mentioned this to friends my age and they too say they have it and to just forget about it and it will go away. Well I tried that for a bit but the only way it ever goes away is if I am engaged in conversation with someone and doing stuff with them. But when I am alone or even in a quiet situation there is is buzzing away. I have to have music on or the tv so as back ground so that I can focus on anything. Just quietly sitting and reading a book is now beyond my capacity.

I tried head massage to no avail and then tried acupuncture and that was no help either. I have been to two different ear doctors and all they could do to help me understand it is how to pronounce the word. One said tin-i-tus and the other calls it tin-a-tis. Thanks guys. I've been on line searching and searching for some remedy and found nothing but dozens of miracle cures that people are willing to sell me. Each one says ''oh not that one,,, this is the one, the only one''

Now though it is at times getting almost intolerable. I"m sitting here now with no sounds going on just so that I can relate to it as I type.
It's not just one note but rather several that express themselves in different manners in my head, making a discordant buzz. Maybe a simple major G chord or something like that would be better. I"de even settle for a B minor seventh if that could be worked out.

And now to that background noise is added another fun thrill. Maybe once a week or so, I have this thing that happens from either of my ears. As if a plane is swooping down from one side or the other with a single note drone that then flies into either ear and straight though my head which turns the whole world around me into a momentary acid trip.

I keep saying now but here is another new happening over the last couple of weeks. I get what I call the ''woodpecker''. It's more like a cricket in one side of my head, so far, that goes clickclickclickclickclickclick until it stops.

Well, now it is time to turn on some sound. Today I will go with an old favorite movie ''Earth Vrs the Flying Saucers''. I know it well enough now that that part of my brain that notices these sounds can follow along with the narrative and hopefully leave the rest of my brain to other things.

Did you get the mRNA vaxx?

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: troubleshooter

Actually, I have a chiro appointment next week. One reason is that I need my neck adjusted so I will talk to him about this possibility. Thanks for bringing this up Trouble.

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: v1rtu0s0

I did but this has been coming on and getting worse for years and I noticed no specific increase post vax.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join