It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else suffering from Tinnitus?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 02:01 PM
link   
My wife has lost most of her hearing due to Menieres in one ear...she would get flare ups with vertigo and be down in bed with a bucket ready to puke in. oddly enough, she has tinnitus in both ears. Her claim to reduction of symptoms long-term is a gluten-free diet, no eggs, no dairy...they all react in her body and create substantial inflammation. She has cortizone treatments during flareups which reduce inflammation in a hurry, but for the long haul, it seems to be what she ingests that is the root cause.
Whatever keeps her upright, I'm good with it.

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I use headphones and play this when it is really bad and it truly does help me.

Do you know if the binaural beats are to lower the listener into alpha or theta, or are they going up into gamma instead? Also, they don't mention if there are any subliminals in this recording. There may not be, just curious.

I typically use meditation to reduce stress and go into an alpha state for a while. It can be quite helpful, but I can see how binaural beats could be helpful depending on the altered state they are going for.

#Tinnitus sucks
edit on 3/9/2022 by Klassified because: eta

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

Reminds me of the ultrasonic blood vessel check they did in that area. Maybe it's related? Because they would not check there if they would not think about a connection.

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zrtst
My wife has lost most of her hearing due to Menieres in one ear...she would get flare ups with vertigo and be down in bed with a bucket ready to puke in. oddly enough, she has tinnitus in both ears. Her claim to reduction of symptoms long-term is a gluten-free diet, no eggs, no dairy...they all react in her body and create substantial inflammation. She has cortizone treatments during flareups which reduce inflammation in a hurry, but for the long haul, it seems to be what she ingests that is the root cause.

Firmly believe there is a connection between diet inflammation and allergies, which make mine go haywire

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

You can make your own in 2 minutes with audacity and be sure there are no such subliminal messages. The way it works is you make two channels, one for each ear and use the Tools -> Tone generator for producing a sinusoidal swinging tone in one of the frequency you wish to test and space it apart the exact Hz for the target frequency you aim.

This topic binaural beats is coming up often lately, is anyone interested in a thread about some personal findings? It is really not that hard but we found out a few things to consider that gives much better and faster results if these rules are followed for generating the tone.

Audacity is a freeware audio tool, it can also be used to convert m4a to mp3 or similar

edit on 9.3.2022 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I do! It’s brilliant, loud, ear encompassing tones of intermittent malevolence.

a reply to: TerryMcGuire

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Yes, a constant ringing in my right ear. I actually noticed one time while listening to binaural audio that listening to a certain sound frequency made it stop, but it came back like 2 seconds after the sound stopped. If you have tinnitus, try listening to different sound frequencies and see what happens.
edit on 3/9/2022 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 03:03 PM
link   
My head is screaming 4 different high pitch notes as I type.
Only been an issue for the last couple years now.

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

The problem is what is happening is you loss the ability to hear a tone due to hearing loss, and it is your brain that is making the noise to fill in the empty spaces.

That actually makes sense to me, and I do have some low tones hearing loss, and have for decades.
Thanks!!!!

I first noticed it about 25 years ago, after taking a lot of aspirin for some flu-like thing. Thought that was the cause but it never went away.

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Yep some mornings I wake up and it's like a bomb went off left ear is really bad as some one else said when sinus's act up it's really bad but my left ear drives me nuts sometimes it's so loud . I do find if there's back ground noise I can deal with it much better . In a quiet room not so much seems the ringing gets louder .
edit on 9-3-2022 by Ravenwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Well.
I wasn't noticing mine, until I saw your thread title.

It seems like if I pay attention to it, it is louder.
It's like some electrical hum.

It is worse and night and worst when I cannot sleep.
I use a sound machine set to thunder storms played at a background level.
When it's really bad, I recite the Hail Mary over and over until I fall asleep.

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: TheGreazel
a reply to: butcherguy

I had the same with pfiser after my second shot walked around for 3 weeks with both ears blocked.

Lots of olive oil and hot water eventually opened it up.

I actually think Covid/long Covid caused mine. I suspect I had Covid before there were actual lockdowns.
You know when they started showing people dropping on the streets in China. I was soo sick.
There were no tests then.
I got tinnitus right after. I had never had it prior.

For people that haven’t had it, or have a mild case, you have no clue what torture it is. I can easily see how it can drive people to insanity or sometimes worse. It makes me so sad to hear the stories, but I understand.

My Dr. Gave me a prescription for Xanax, and it worked, BUT as soon as it wore off the tinnitus was 10x worse, so that was a bust.

I had COVID in April of 2021, was hospitalized for 5 days. No ear problems until I took the second dose of Pfizer in October 2021.

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

My Tinnatus has got worse over the last couple of years. I won't spoil your thread with conspiracies regarding the possible reasons, but please try the following and see if it helps as much as it has with me.

It's called "Beating The Heaveny Drums". Can be used for other areas of the body.

1. Place your index fingers over your middle fingers.

2. Place your palms over your ears, fingers at the rear of your head, apply slight palm pressure so outside noise is reduced.

3. "Flick" your index fingers off your middle fingers onto/into the recesses under the rear of your skull. Firmly and rhythmically but not TOO hard.

4. Repeat about 30 times.

The ringing should dissipate although NOT a permenant fix but certainly helps if repeated regularly.

Other searches provide many other self treatments.

Edit to add: I now do Jaw excercises too which seems to help a little.

Have you had your "Wisdom Teeth" removed and have an "overbite"?

it does seem to help some, thanks lol It seems to tone it down some after the loud thump of your fingers on the back of your head.

edit on 9-3-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure my ears haven't stopped ringing since I saw Sevendust opening up at a Mudvayne concert in the mid 2000s.

I don't entirely blame Sevendust, because it probably has more to do with years of loud machinery, but Sevendust had a shytload of speakers lined up all the way across the stage and it hurt my ears. It was too dam loud and too high pitched. Then Mudvayne just didn't sound right afterwards. I could barely hear the guitar and vocals.

I don't always notice it. I sometimes go for days without thinking about it, but I'm pretty sure it's still always there. Sometimes the ringing gets pretty loud, I can hear it right now, but it's pretty low.

I don't think I noticed it at all today until I saw this thread title. Thanks for that.

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain
a reply to: Klassified

You can make your own in 2 minutes with audacity and be sure there are no such subliminal messages. The way it works is you make two channels, one for each ear and use the Tools -> Tone generator for producing a sinusoidal swinging tone in one of the frequency you wish to test and space it apart the exact Hz for the target frequency you aim.

This topic binaural beats is coming up often lately, is anyone interested in a thread about some personal findings? It is really not that hard but we found out a few things to consider that gives much better and faster results if these rules are followed for generating the tone.

Audacity is a freeware audio tool, it can also be used to convert m4a to mp3 or similar

I am familiar with Audacity and how to create binaurals, but thanks for posting that. Someone here may want to look into it for themselves.

I am just curious if Jag knows if the audio she posted has subliminals in it, and what level of altered state they were going for in the binaurals. Beta, alpha, theta, and so on.

For those interested...Alpha for instance, would be a difference between left and right ear of between 8 and 12 Hz from light to deeper alpha. So for example, a tone of approximately 310hz in one ear and 320hz in the left ear will produce a mid alpha entrainment.

And yes, I personally would be interested in a thread on your personal findings. It has been an area of interest for a long time. I knew some folks use it for tinnitus, I just haven't myself. I can go into altered states fairly easy without entrainment, but I can see how the pulsing sounds could be relaxing to a tinnitus sufferer.
edit on 3/9/2022 by Klassified because: eta

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: Zrtst

Firmly believe there is a connection between diet inflammation and allergies, which make mine go haywire

Dr. Berg says it can be cause by insulin levels. Any sugar feigns posting?

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Had it for many, many years, getting on for 29 years in fact now since it struck me in my early 20's.

Now I don't know if there is any validity to this but some guy claimed that it was related to Diabetes, I as far as I know do not have diabetes and according to my last blood check's I do not have it but I know for a fact that I have and always have had a very sweet tooth and perhaps overdo the sugar in my tea on occasion.

The guy that claimed it was related to diabetes claimed that it was due to some mechanism in the ears that could not cope with both high insulin and high blood sugar at the same time and that this contributed to some nerve death in the ear which we hear as a high pitched whistling or ringing sound but like I say he was just some guy on a youtube video and I don't think he was a doctor or anything so take it with a pinch of - erm - REASON.

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: BelleEpoque

Dr. Berg says it can be cause by insulin levels. Any sugar feigns posting?

I cut out caffeine about six months ago which I would add sugar to and don't have sugar in tea which is what I drink now.

Did have a chocolate binge a few months back though.
edit on 9/3/2022 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

Just something to keep an eye on.

It's usually diet, God or 5G to blame.

edit on 3 9 2022 by BelleEpoque because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Also

Serrapetase + Tinnitus.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join