It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Officials are Trying to Work With Ukraine Over US bio Labs

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I've heard it mentioned a few times that the alleged biolabs in Ukraine shouldn't be considered risky because they are not high-level, high-risk classification labs, the so-called "levels" (BSL1-4) associated with biological research labs.

The contention seems to be that the labs in Ukraine are not high level (BSL4) biologically rated research centers, and thus, can't be doing "risk", "dangerous" or "concerning" work.

The facts we have for what happened at the Wuhan labratory dispel that notion:

In 2014, the U.S. government placed a moratorium on new gain-of-function experiments for influenza, MERS, and SARS. That moratorium defines “gain-of-function” in very broad terms covering any “research that improves the ability of a pathogen to cause disease.” The moratorium expired in 2017 and was replaced by an oversight board, the Potential Pandemic Pathogens Control and Oversight Framework (P3CO) that reviews federally funded gain-of-function research. EcoHealth Alliance defines gain-of-function more specifically as enhancing viruses that infect humans, not enhancing viruses that infect animals.
Microscopic image of SARS-CoV-2

The differences in definitions are why there is some debate as to whether Dr. Fauci was lying when he said the NIH does not fund gain-of-function research at the Wuhan Institute of Virology. But, as Nicholas Wade points out, “Definitions aside, the bottom line is that the National Institutes of Health was supporting research of a kind that could have generated the SARS2 virus, in an unsupervised foreign lab that was doing work in BSL2 biosafety conditions.

By “BSL2” he is saying that the laboratory, which was doing high-risk research, was only using safety precautions that an out-patient medical facility would use. (He compared it to a dental office.) Gain-of-function research on pathogens with no known vaccine or treatment should be conducted in BSL-4 labs, if they should be conducted at all. BSL-4 labs require full-body protective gear.

So it seems that these "BSL" lab designations are a mite bit fungible, in other words, just because you're in BSL2 lab, you might expect that some higher risk ... mischief ... might be underway where it's not supposed to be happening.

So as it pertains to these labs in Ukraine, personally, I don't really GAF what they're *called*, BSL2, BSL1000, BSL negative 30.

Let's find out the nature of the research that was going on there. Was it GoF? What pathogens were in play? Who was doing the research?

That is the best way to cut through the semantics and shenanigans.

What was the work being done there, despite what word play was used to label the facility.

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: vNex92
a reply to: shooterbrody

AT THE LEAST, the usa should have ensured all dangerous bio material was removed. AT THE LEAST!

Yet they seem very worried of the documents that were found in Eastern Ukraine..

Oh pandoras box is open.
ANY chem/bio deaths in this event will get blamed on the usa funded ukraine bio labs.

It will depend on who has the most effective "SPIN" won't it? Russia has BIO/CHEM weapons too.

Did they tell us they didn't then have an official in a senate hearing say they do?

I'll take your word for it. Your recollection is usually accurate. To me, the Bio labs are just ONE REASON why there is so much hype, hysteria, and paranoia from the USA, regarding Putin's invasion of Ukraine.

There are MANY USA-owned skeletons in Ukraine's closet, being kept locked up and safe by V. Zelenskyy (imo). I want the crimes committed by the Biden, Pelosi, Romney and other prominent U.S. politician family's to be revealed. That's my #2 hope and desire. (#1 is minimal deaths)

As much as you have posted about Ukraine you know how dirty it is there.
Leaving those labs when the invasion started is inexcusable.

link   
a reply to: PatriotGames4u
Serbia Bombing, Over what? Kosovo

NATO countries got what they wanted, after the conflict they split the province into three regions under their control. Making sure Serbia has no control over its former province.

5,000 Civilians killed
12,500 Injured
Chinese embassy bombed. Almost starting a war with China.
Areas had been left contaminated with depleted uranium.

US broke its own rules firing depleted uranium in Iraq

Do your research. The US had been violating the UN rule on banned, forbidden use of weapons.
edit on 9-3-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

link   

Interesting that China always gets back at US if they try to push Russia, China bit hard, US pulls back a bit have you noticed this?

Does this throw cold water on the suspicion that Joe Biden is being controlled by CHINA?

link   

Again…

Not a secret

Threat Reduction Program Extends Reach to Ukrainian Biological Facilities

www.armscontrol.org...

William Huntington
U.S. cooperation with Ukraine under the Nunn-Lugar Cooperative Threat Reduction (CTR) program was expanded Aug. 29 with an agreement to use U.S. CTR funds to improve security for pathogens stored at biological research and health facilities in the former Soviet republic.

Under the agreement, CTR funds will for the first time flow directly to projects aimed at securing pathogen strains and sensitive biological knowledge within Ukraine. The United States also will work to improve Ukrainian capabilities to detect, diagnose, and treat outbreaks of infectious diseases, as well as determine whether outbreaks are natural or the result of bioterrorism.

The agreement was signed during the visit to Kiev of a high-level U.S. delegation led by Senate Foreign Relations Committee Chairman Richard Lugar (R-Ind.) and Senator Barack Obama (D-Ill.).

Among the facilities in Ukraine intended to receive security upgrades are those once linked to the Soviet-era anti-plague network, which continue to store libraries of naturally occuring pathogens for the purposes of research and public health. Andy Fisher, spokesperson for Lugar, told Arms Control Today on Sept. 15 the anti-plague facilities “were threats and they are threats,” given the risk that poor security could allow terrorists access to pathogens. Fisher also cited the possibility that outdated operating procedures and equipment could result in the unintentional leakage of pathogens from these facilities, endangering the public health of the region.
[_quote]

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 07:45 PM
link   

AT THE LEAST, the usa should have ensured all dangerous bio material was removed. AT THE LEAST!

Yet they seem very worried of the documents that were found in Eastern Ukraine..

Oh pandoras box is open.
ANY chem/bio deaths in this event will get blamed on the usa funded ukraine bio labs.

It will depend on who has the most effective "SPIN" won't it? Russia has BIO/CHEM weapons too.

Did they tell us they didn't then have an official in a senate hearing say they do?

I'll take your word for it. Your recollection is usually accurate. To me, the Bio labs are just ONE REASON why there is so much hype, hysteria, and paranoia from the USA, regarding Putin's invasion of Ukraine.

There are MANY USA-owned skeletons in Ukraine's closet, being kept locked up and safe by V. Zelenskyy (imo). I want the crimes committed by the Biden, Pelosi, Romney and other prominent U.S. politician family's to be revealed. That's my #2 hope and desire. (#1 is minimal deaths)

Who was going to go over there 3 weeks ago and take everything out? Take it where? Not the USA I hope.

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux
When did I say they were secret?
Secret, not secret we shouldn't have funded them or left them to be invaded.

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Oh pandoras box is open.

Who was going to go over there 3 weeks ago and take everything out? Take it where? Not the USA I hope.

It would be safer here than there.
And the biden admin would be responsible for such.
You think we don't have the means for such?

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

Let's find out the nature of the research that was going on there. Was it GoF? What pathogens were in play? Who was doing the research?

I agree.
And now not later.

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 07:56 PM
link   
You do understand that biological weapons / chemical sites/ nuclear sites need monitoring and safeguarding? Form possible forgotten stored buried material and waste.

A civilian equivalent/ parallel…

Federal Superfund Sites in Connecticut

portal.ct.gov...

Responsible parties are implementing the groundwater monitoring program associated with the monitored natural attenuation remedy for groundwater. Environmental Land Use Restrictions prohibiting disturbance of the cap or use of contaminated groundwater have now been fully implemented. Responsible parties are continuing to monitor the drinking water wells closest to the landfill. An area outside of the landfill cap has been rezoned to allow for some of the site to be beneficially reused.
Most recent Five Year Review: 2018
More Info: Barkhamsted-New Hartford Landfill

Wonder if it takes a bio lab to monitor the ground water?

Anyway. When the USSR collapsed it created basically the equivalent of super fund sites where the old biological/ chemical/ nuclear sites were located that need monitoring to protect the surrounding communities.
edit on 9-3-2022 by neutronflux because: Added

edit on 9-3-2022 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

edit on 9-3-2022 by neutronflux because: Fixed more

edit on 9-3-2022 by neutronflux because: Added

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Likely by Russia as well but pretends to be tough agaisnt Russia? its all distraction this conflict seems as if they are trying to avoid any discussions on inflation, supply chain issues.

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 08:05 PM
link   

More examples of “bio lab”

Monitoring Program: Total Chlordane

www.epa.gov...

In 1983, the U.S. banned chlordane, an insecticide, except for killing termites. In 1988, chlordane became illegal to use at all. Since its ban, chlordane levels slowly declined in whole Lake Trout and Walleye. Chlordane in fish seemed to have evened out, showing no significant increase or decrease. Lake Michigan trout have the highest levels, followed by Lake Ontario, with average levels in Lakes Superior, Huron, and Erie fish.

Pesticide Residue Monitoring in Sediment and Surface Water Within the
South Florida Water Management District

dpanther.fiu.edu...

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Not sure why they would want the liability of keeping a deadly disease Library on site? Unless they think they might need it to trace the origins of a bio weapon attack? DNA equivalent for bio weapons to rifling for tracing a bullet?

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 08:23 PM
link   
You may downplay this all you like.
Anthrax, released from one of these Ukraine "bio labs" won't be any less potent than anthrax from one of those evil "bio weapons labs".
I bet its not even the lethal variety, probably the jucy smollyay mail in an envelope variety.

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

Not sure why they would want the liability of keeping a deadly disease Library on site? Unless they think they might need it to trace the origins of a bio weapon attack? DNA equivalent for bio weapons to rifling for tracing a bullet?

I get that someone needed to help keep a lid on that crap after the breakup of the soviet union.
Leaving it to an invading russian army is inexcusable.
Burn it, move it, whatever but get it away from a "lab accident " that would have dire consequences.

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 08:34 PM
link   

You may downplay this all you like.
Anthrax, released from one of these Ukraine "bio labs" won't be any less potent than anthrax from one of those evil "bio weapons labs".
I bet its not even the lethal variety, probably the jucy smollyay mail in an envelope variety.

Mean something like this?

Mini-Chernobyl? The Coverup of the Russia's Greatest Bioweapon Tragedy

nationalinterest.org...

Here's What You Need to Remember: Just a year after signing on to the 1972 bioweapons ban, the Soviet Union had actually expanded its bioweapons production via a massive new civilian program, known as Biopreparat, that employed fifty thousand personnel scattered across fifty-two separate facilities.

In October 1979, a West German newspaper run by Soviet émigrés ran a vague story alleging that an explosion in a military factory in Sverdlovsk (now Yekaterinburg) had released deadly bacteria, killing as many as a thousand. The story swiftly drew attention from other Western newspapers and eventually the U.S. government, because if Soviet factories were producing biological weapons, they were doing so in contravention of the 1972 Biological Weapons Convention.

Skip

The true situation would soon come to light in 1992, after the fall of the Soviet Union. The newly anointed Russian president, Boris Yeltsin, confided to President George H. W. Bush at a conference that U.S. allegations about the Soviet bioweapon were entirely true. Yeltsin, as it happened, had been the party boss in the Sverdlovsk during the outbreak, which he admitted was the result of the bioweapons accident.

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 08:36 PM
link   

So…

What?

Russia was shelling facilities they thought had biological weapons? But nothing was released?

When I cited an example where an explosion probably released a biological weapon?
edit on 9-3-2022 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

Is depleted uranium a 'bio weapons lab'?

Or against someone's rules?

Maybe start a thread and find out.

This one is about russia invading an otherwise peaceful neighbor.

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

So…

What?

Russia was shelling facilities they thought had biological weapons? But nothing was released?

When I cited an example where an explosion probably released a biological weapon?

Sounds like by bombing/shelling the childrens hospital that is exactly what russia did.
Hopefully someone got all the bio material out previously.
We will know soon if the magic picture box starts showing diseased people in Ukraine.

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

We find about it when it escaped the labs.

We ALWAYS do.

Bad guys can try it, but these pathogens ALWAYS escape.

BSL4 is the absolute minimum required to keep them contained, so they get extra suspicion.

Ukraine does not have a BSL 4.

And none of our monitoring stations have detected anything leaking from Ukraine's BSL2/3.

This hospital is what russia thinks is a bio WEAPONS lab:

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join