It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

and yeah, President Biden announces US ban on Russian oil imports

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 02:09 PM
link   
There you go. IMO a good move. They'd buy alcohol with the money. Selling oil and weapons while lazy smoking cigars like Castro.

edit on 8/3/2022 by PapagiorgioCZ because: (no reason given)

MOD NOTE
Starting a New Thread ?

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites;
*please post one or two paragraphs,
*a link to the entire story,
*AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Tue Mar 8 2022 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I am sure Putin did expected this would happen.. I wonder how he is going to react to this

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

He will sell to China and some to Europe. More needs to be said and done.
Pipeline what? When we start seeing the price going down then the countries have done enough. Coal must be mined among other stuff. I'm buying a bike in the spring. It's gonna be awesome to have another way of transportation 😀

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: PapagiorgioCZ

Does US have a pipe all the way to EU ?

Or will he transport it by ships ?

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
I am sure Putin did expected this would happen.. I wonder how he is going to react to this

He announced that he will be cutting off export of a list of products...
The list comes out in two days.

I am thinking oil and natural gas to be on the list.
Who would bend the knees and grovel first.... Putin or Biden?
Either way, we all suffer.

edit on b000000312022-03-08T14:34:46-06:0002America/ChicagoTue, 08 Mar 2022 14:34:46 -0600200000022 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Well, oil has been always transported by ships. USA need the XL pipe to offset lower imports.
Democrats would like to milk the crisis for green agenda in years to come instead of dealing with it fast.
In terms of natural gas in Europe, environmentalists wont like it but nuclear and coal will need to give the industry a hand. Poland has opened a new coal mine in Turow last year despite a fine of 500.000 €/day. The price was too good I guess and it's better now. And strategic. There are dozens of alternatives. None of them was as cheap and easy as Russian methane. Maybe it was causing stagnation not only in Russia but in Europe too. When you create something in your country you pay your people instead of foreign dictators. This cant be a bad thing. Germany was into wind turbines not because it was the best thing in the world. Folks have been working on it for decades to give people jobs and industry something to produce. Artificial but not bad

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Enjoy your $10 per gallon fuel price!!!

All for a failed Nazi State known, prior to this war, for being the drug, weapon and sex slave trafficking capital of Europe. Hunter has to protect his investments I suppose.

Maybe don't deliberately destroy your nation's energy independence before doing stupid stuff like this.

Nice one Joe!

OPEC already announced they aren't going to increase production of oil, presumably because OPEC and OPEC+ includes Iran, Venezuela, Iraq, Syria, Libya, Algeria, and perhaps critically of all, Russia.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Ummm…and…?

China is already in the process of buying Russian energy futures and oil…

Way to go…stooges…

Drive them Russians right into the open and welcoming arms of China…

That’ll show ‘em…

What a bunch of maroons…

Now it’s all about transferring mig 29’s from Poland to Germany so they can somehow be transferred to Ukraine without being blown up once they cross the border…

Sure sounds like some idiots leading the west…are just itching to bring on good ole Armageddon…

YouSir

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Biden's only doing what the people who rigged the US election tell him to do.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Well, then China will buy less from somewhere else. Will they buy all of it? The net world output will be the same.
Providing your neighbor with defense tools when he's under attack and flooding your country with million refugees is understandable. Ukraine is a sovereign country with many rights according to international law.
Only one thing concerns me. That we are not mobilizing the reserves.
It reminds me 2019. "Oh, there's an outbreak. No one has ever thought about respirators for the population."

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 05:06 PM
link   
All I know, is that I work in the trucking industry now. Diesel, here in MI, is set to go up 40 more cents tonight, so it will be over 5.00 a gal. Fuel Oil is at 4.19 today, subject to change. Gas is over 4.00 a gal.

Where were we a year ago?

F U mister president. Going "Green" isn't going to help anyone right now.

You want to hurt Putin? Thats fine.

BUT STOP HURTING THE AMERICAN PEOPLE!!!
We will not "forget" that this was going on, BEFORE the war started, no matter how many times you and your lackies repeat it.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 05:06 PM
link   

I heard he asked Pelosi not to do this but she went ahead with the vote anyway . He then called Schumer and he said no too , Biden then announced his plan so he would not look like he was leading from behind.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 05:24 PM
link   

It's nearly $5 a gallon for regular unleaded in my town. That's up about $1.20 from last week.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
All I know, is that I work in the trucking industry now. Diesel, here in MI, is set to go up 40 more cents tonight, so it will be over 5.00 a gal. Fuel Oil is at 4.19 today, subject to change. Gas is over 4.00 a gal.

Where were we a year ago?

F U mister president. Going "Green" isn't going to help anyone right now.

You want to hurt Putin? Thats fine.

BUT STOP HURTING THE AMERICAN PEOPLE!!!
We will not "forget" that this was going on, BEFORE the war started, no matter how many times you and your lackies repeat it.

This is all orchestrated.

The fuel prices spiraling out of control, which in turn exacerbates the "supply chain disruption" narrative.

I haven't really read anything on Biden/U.S./West going directly after Putin's assets.

Much easier just to start locking down credit, making fuel more expensive, stopping supplies from moving around the globe. Generally stopping commerce, and especially any commerce related to the "fossil fuel" industry.

This was all announced during the Obama administration. They just waited till he was out of office so Dementia Joe could be left holding onto the flaming bag of turds.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Hello $20.00 per gallon of gas in USA

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 06:09 PM
link   
The senile crappy pants biden is going to damage the economy of the energy sector and he does not care one bit how we the people are going to pay for it.

Because he wants to give billions of dollars to China in green energy deals and also his benefactors that did not got enough during the Obama mama regime.

More companies to take the money run away with it and then claim bankruptcy, remember Obama mama? It will repeat itself.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 06:13 PM
link   

So that means about one hundred and fifty dollars a barrel and hyperinflation. What is this clown upto?

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

He wants to kill the energy sector and force American into buying electric care and accept the tax dollar finance deals with countries like china.

America is no longer run by an American government these days.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Finally.

AFTER the damage done is irreversible for a long time 👋🏼

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Middle Class and Lower Class getting pounded right into next year 🤓

top topics

<<   2 >>

join