It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain's Forgotten Triangle UFO Flap of March 1997

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

MM, your previous thread on the 1997 Howden Moor incident has plenty of info to pinpoint the location - which you wouldn't ever call Doncaster ?

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: chunder

That's because the RAF Tornado, I referred to here in this thread crashed about 10 miles from Doncaster in 1999.

It hasn't anything to do with the sightings over the Peak District and South Yorkshire in 1997 mentioned in the OP.

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Direne

Incident: Doncaster (UK), 1997. Event: RAF performs performance flight tests of Panavia Tornado aircraft within the qualification scheme related to the sale of 30 units to Saudi Arabia Air Force. Result: One RAF Panavia Tornado aircraft in low-altitude flight performance test crashes in a quarry near Doncaster. Reason for Classification: New Panavia Tornado units suffer from an on-board electronics pathology which, if revealed, will refrain KSA from signing the defense procurement contract. Recommendation: Take necessary steps to silence incident. Instruct agents to disseminate among the public the idea that RAF units were scrambled in pursue of a UFO over Sheffield.

MM's previous thread on the 1997 Howden Moor incident has plenty of info to pinpoint the location - which nobody would describe as Doncaster ?

posted on May, 1 2022 @ 07:37 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 1 2022 @ 07:40 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 1 2022 @ 07:18 PM
link   

This is a classic UFO with almost unlimited interpretation potential.
Skimming the thread I noticed the reference to the Stargate Remote viewing project operating at this time.
Two clues from the Wiki description of Stargate concerning the recruited viewers/content clickers.

The overwhelming amount of data generated by the viewers is vague, general, and way off target.

UFO's are too esoteric and reverse engineering the target craft often requires substantial skill and research.

The final report found "reason to suspect" that in "some well publicised cases of dramatic hits" the remote viewers might have had "substantially more background information" than might otherwise be apparent.

So this could have been a covert mission to draw out information from those that already knew the target but had remained part of the silent minority.

A secret Tornado aircraft with a distance sensing radar in its tail?
The long period Hale Bopp comet may provide some leads, Thomas Bopp was a co-finder for the comet.
This didn't seem as dramatic but had a sad coincidence to the Jean Clemens and short period Halley's comet tragedy.

Bopp and his father Frank have had an asteroid named after them, (7086) Bopp, discovered October 5, 1991, by Carolyn and Gene Shoemaker. In 1997, the Shoemakers, both famous for co-discovering comet Shoemaker–Levy 9, were involved in a car crash. Gene died in the crash and his ashes were sent to the Moon along with an image of Comet Hale-Bopp, "the last comet that the Shoemakers observed together."

In 1997, as comet Hale–Bopp reached its brightest point, Bopp's brother and sister-in-law were killed in a car accident after photographing the comet.

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: fromunclexcommunicate

Skimming the thread I noticed the reference to the Stargate Remote viewing project operating at this time.

No you didn't.

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Not really sure why I cherry picked the Alex Heard content.
We might not be able to handle the truth..

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 06:08 PM
link   

the Howden more aircraft looks like some Lighter Than Air hard-shell craft that were/are in development.

it would allot it to hover and move off very quickly.

and even kind of looks like early hypersonic test craft that would be going supersonic to test materials and propulsion.

a lot of people don't realize the UK and the US have a VERY VERY tight relationship when it comes to testing and using secret aircraft in some of the moors in the UK.

a few years ago both contestants for the B21 were sighted in Scotland i believe so it is not surprising to see these things there.

thank you for the interesting thread.

another head scratcher for sure, i feel like these sightings that are IMPOSSABLE to say was swamp gas or something always get forgoten for the new and mostly BS UFO tails

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: peaceinoutz

David talked to me on the phone about my encounter.

As I recall, Mr. Marler wrote about a 'triangle ufo' following
the Nina, Pinta and Santa Maria and other earlier cases.

We must assume those were not 'Tornado aircraft'.

What they were, if anything, cannot be proven.

In any case, yes, that 'triangular UFO' are so prominent
in the current zeitgeist is fascinating.

Mind you, I'd prefer storeis about little people..

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 10:03 AM
link   

I had a friend at the time of these events witness one of these triangular craft fly over his car at about 200ft up whilst he was on his way back from work (hospital) late at night, it was about 40 miles outside Birmingham. He'd been an avid civilian plane spotter all his life.
I remember the panic in his voice and look of shock when he told me about the event the next day and how the craft just seem to glide over his car without making a sound making him stick his head out the side window and nearly crash his car.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join