It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young Biden on the expansion of NATO and Russia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Hello ATS!

I want to show you an excerpt from the speech of the current President of the United States, Joe Biden. This speech is almost 30 years old and he was not President then. It seems to me that he was then a more sincere and thoughtful person than he is today.

What do you think?

Thanks!

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 04:49 AM
link   
He's always been an airhead and a whack job in presence . No strength in his vibe.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
He's always been an airhead and a whack job in presence . No strength in his vibe.

But his words in the current situation sound funny)))

"The only thing that can provoke Russia into a hostile and energetic response is the expansion of NATO to the Baltic states."

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Yea you fell for Biden's political guile and BS, come on man, you are more intelligent than that. This man isn't in control of NATO, he isn't even in control of his bowel movements.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
Yea you fell for Biden's political guile and BS, come on man, you are more intelligent than that. This man isn't in control of NATO, he isn't even in control of his bowel movements.

That is, you want to say that in 1997, when Biden made this speech, he was a sane person, but now he is not?
Thank you, you just confirmed the correctness of Putin)))))

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll

That is, you want to say that in 1997, when Biden made this speech, he was a sane person, but now he is not?

If that's what you get from my comments you have the cognitive abilities on par with 2022 Biden.

If you believe a career politician's speech in 1997 has any relevance to the current situation, as the "Russian" perspective no wonder we are likely screwed 10 ways to Sunday.

Not to mention just because Biden is an eggplant doesn't mean Putin is correct,

Why are you stuck in 1997, is that the problem? Atleast get in this century. Hell, it sounds like a woman in a long-term relationship bringing up something you did on a first date.
edit on 8-3-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

NATO has been there for many years, why now is it time for the wholesale killing of innocents in Ukraine? You know they didn't attack you, or ask to be attacked right?

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

You should be ashamed of your personal insults to me. I didn't insult you.
Although maybe I think too well of you.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

NATO has been there for many years, why now is it time for the wholesale killing of innocents in Ukraine? You know they didn't attack you, or ask to be attacked right?

It was now or never for Putin; his odds of success may be low but they have also never been this high.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 06:09 AM
link   

If that's what you get from my comments you have the cognitive abilities on par with 2022 Biden.

If you believe a career politician's speech in 1997 has any relevance to the current situation, as the "Russian" perspective no wonder we are likely screwed 10 ways to Sunday.

Why are you stuck in 1997, is that the problem? Atleast get in this century. Hell, it sounds like a woman in a long-term relationship bringing up something you did on a first date.

Ummm…dude…just listen to yourself…

The premise is that Biden the eggplant stated in 1997 that NATO expanding to the Baltic states would provoke Russia into responding…

We now have The west pushing for NATO expansion to Russias border…and here we have Russia responding to that idiocy…and current eggplant in lockstep…obviously forgetting his once intelligent observation…

How is it not relevant to the Situation on the ground…?

Peeps need to step back…and slow breathe…then form cogent responses…based in realism…

Of course the 1997 comments are relevant…not just relevant but prescient…

YouSir

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 06:17 AM
link   

I apologize if you are offended, it wasn't my intention it was said purely in jest, an attempt at humor. I enjoy your posts regardless of your motivations or actual location. I believe it's important to try and understand other perspectives.

I didn't say it's wrong to argue a point like a woman, just that you are arguing this point as what sometimes happens in long-term relationship arguments. This tactic is a well-known American idiom and is used when one partner has absolutely no basis for the current conflict and pulls something from the past.

If this isn't tactic Russian women use and you are unfamiliar with, then I probably need to find myself a Russian woman.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Ummm…dude…just listen to yourself…

The premise is that Biden the eggplant stated in 1997 that NATO expanding to the Baltic states would provoke Russia into responding…

We now have The west pushing for NATO expansion to Russias border…and here we have Russia responding to that idiocy…and current eggplant in lockstep…obviously forgetting his once intelligent observation…

How is it not relevant to the Situation on the ground…?

Peeps need to step back…and slow breathe…then form cogent responses…based in realism…

Of course the 1997 comments are relevant…not just relevant but prescient…

YouSir

Let's put it this way Biden had more influence power and control in 1997 in the NATO situation than he does now. Chew on that for a moment. He isn't in control ergo anybody discussing Biden's role in 2022 is barking up the wrong tree. FWIW Im glad to let the European side handle this, they are more competent.

Now this was said by a man who selected Biden as his Vice President and knew him and worked with him, and it was said over 10 years ago, and now you want to listen in awe to a 30-second blurb on a youtube video from 25 years ago and say it's relevant? if it makes you happy, you do you

edit on 8-3-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Ummm…further…if Biden the eggplant knew in 1997 that further eastward expansion of NATO would provoke a Russian response…

Then you can be damned sure that NATO…Europe…and the entirety of the US government knew this as well…I’m sure the eggplant wasn’t the originator of that scenario…however he did speak to it…

Extrapolate that to where we are at present…and the only thought that has any relevance is that such further eastward expansion was done purposely in order to provoke a Russian response…I.E. it was a planned…and executed strategy by the west to provoke a confrontation with Russia…

So then…an honest person might ask…Who is the responsible party for the current conflict…?

Who placed the pieces on the board and moved them in an attempt to encircle and encroach on whom…?

If you can honestly respond to those questions…and see them for the strategic culmination of planned scenario that they are…then all of the rest of emoting and conversation is moot…and becomes only a parroting of talking point…

Your better than that…separate yourself from the emotional conditioning…and look at the entirety of the historical and present actions as they pertain to current conditions…then be honest about the outcome…

YouSir

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Hard to see you play innocent with your posting history, but be that as it may, you are wrong. Biden is a dementia ridden idiot who is the figurehead of nothing. None of that excuses what Putin is doing and luckily many of your sane compatriots see that this war is unjust. It is stupid beyond belief. Who will pay for the rebuilding of Ukraine? You think a bankrupt Russia can? It’s stupid all round and you, like every sane person, should call it out. NATO has never attacked anyone. They never would.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: ARM1968

NATO has never attacked anyone. They never would.

Ummm…how soon you seem to have forgotten Libya…and the offensive attack on that sovereign nation by…wait for it…wait for it…NATO…

Explain to me how NATO was merely defending themselves in that invasion of a sovereign nation and removal of it’s governing structure…

I’ll wait…I’m sure it’ll be entertaining…

YouSir
edit on 8-3-2022 by YouSir because: I have the…power…

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 07:06 AM
link   

It seems to me that he was then a more sincere and thoughtful person than he is today.

At least he could string a couple of sentences together back then. He almost sounds coherent. But even as vice president later on, he was able to capture the ire of Robin Williams...

edit on 3/8/2022 by Klassified because: correction

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

"The only thing that can provoke Russia into a hostile and energetic response is the expansion of NATO to the Baltic states."

But Biden was wrong. Baltic states have been in NATO for 20 years almost and Russia never did anything. It was Ukraine they couldn't accept loosing control of, I guess because of history and similar languages.
edit on 8-3-2022 by Cutepants because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Yes he's a condescending and sense of self-importance inflated a**hole. Clearly he's thinking everyone is stupid for 'respecting his views' as he knows himself he's full of it

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Old Joe has swapped back and forth weekly. He still does not understanding that today his words can live forever. 30 years ago he said whatever he thought would work for votes. Did you know he was one of the primary leaders in fighting bussing Blacks into White neighborhoods as part of desegregation? He fought it for 10 years... Today he says "you ain't Black if you do not vote Biden" lol

When you all get rid of Putin soon, do you want old Joe?

edit on 8-3-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 01:04 PM
link   

That reminds me.

Wasn't it Obama that was to be appointed to the United Nations after Hillary Clinton was supposed to win in 2016?

I remembered there was talk back then.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join