It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia to 'disconnect from global internet' on March 11

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Russia to 'disconnect from global internet' on March 11

If you're living in Russia right now, I can't imagine how it must feel being cancel cultured out of civilized society so quickly... but now rumors are flying that Russia is going to "disconnect from the global internet".

Belarus-based media outlet Nexta tweeted: "#Russia began active preparations for disconnection from the global Internet. No later than March 11, all servers and domains must be transferred to the #Russian zone. In addition, detailed data on the network infrastructure of the sites is being collected".

Now, I don't want to sit here and write doomsday clickbait BS when it comes to a topic like this... but Russia has been toying with disconnecting from the "global internet" for a while now. Back in July 2021, Russia "managed to disconnect itself from the global internet during tests in June and July", not even a year ago, reported Reuters at the time.

tweaktown

twitter

With Russi disconnecting from the internet, it prevents people using bitcoin insted of roubles. My ey on the keybord hs stopped working. sorry.

edit on 8-3-2022 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 01:12 AM
link   
This will never happen. There is too much money in Russian hacking for them to ever shut down the internet.

They may shut down the internet for common people, but then that in itself will highlight that Russian hackers are Russian government run or supported.

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Russia is also cancelling all CNN. Also, McDonalds and Burger King are leaving. As someone pointed out earlier, Russians will be healthier and smarter, relatively soon.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

...Somebody once said, "America has never fought a war with a country that has a Mc Donalds."

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: cosmokatt7

The US cant fight Russia militarily so they are hoping that canceling would do it.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Russia can’t shut down Ukraine’s global internet access and that would seem to be more beneficial then punishing his own countries people. I’m confused 🤔

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: DaRAGE

Perhaps Putin was worried about Disney+ streaming the Russian language version of "Encanto"?

You know, the movie with the hit song

"Nobody Talk About Ukraine!"
edit on 8-3-2022 by Mantiss2021 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

When at war, one does not make it easy for one's enemies to spread propaganda among one's people.

Russia is not "disconnecting" from the Internet. Russia is isolating their public Internet form the rest of the globe. Their hackers will still have access, and will likely use said access to great advantage. I would expect China and/or Syria/Iraq/Iran to assist them with this. However, the typical Russian citizen will no longer be able to access the global Internet. Russia has tried to explain themselves quite often, but no one is listening. Therefore there is no reason for them to be involved in the discussion.

The time for diplomacy is well past. We, the West, have made sure of that.

The next phase will be coordinated Internet attacks, followed by surgical strikes against countries each side is at war with to cripple their ability to wage war as much as possible. Then come the invasions... not like Ukraine. These will be a complete takeover of respective countries, where any citizens that survive the invasion will be held prisoner.

This is what war looks like folks. It's messy; it's bloody; it hurts a lot more than feelings. At least I like vodka. Would be nice to speak Russian though... probably too late to learn it now. Oh, well.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

There's thousands of veteran's applications waiting to give the green light.

A lot of experienced war vets thinking of simply headed there within the next 24 hours.

One Vet said they're paying $2000 per day.

Some vets asked how long til they can go... the recruiter was on edge, jittery. Not sure why besides... but says, "several days".

Pretty sure every one of those guys were ready to go yesterday after hearing of millions of women and children getting bombed for days... starving to death. :/

[one vet was asking other vets for any knowledge on "contracts"... I guess those Blackwater type rogue groups are probably roaming the capital... preparing for a modern day Seven Samurai battle]

edit on 8-3-2022 by MikhailBakunin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: DaRAGE

Belarus-based media outlet Nexta tweeted

This is a Poland-based media outlet.

This media was involved in the preparation of protests and riots in Belarus.

Therefore in Belarus it is considered as extremist media (in accordance with a decision of the Belarusian court.)

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: DaRAGE

All the troll farms that the Russian government has set up will all cease on the same day?

Yay!

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: cosmokatt7
a reply to: carewemust

...Somebody once said, "America has never fought a war with a country that has a Mc Donalds."

Except for itself.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I am in Cybersecurity. Iran, China, Russia and their criminal groups have been attacking us for days (besides their usual activity). It is all day every day. There is an army of 260,000+ cybersecurity professionals keeping Ukraine online, defending our infrastructure, and maybe a bit of revenge, but I am not verifying that.

FireEye Cyber Threat Map

Live Cyber Threat Map

Digital Attack Map

Kapersky Attack Map

edit on 3/8/22 by KorosStrohna because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: MikhailBakunin

If they do travel to Ukraine to fight there i would dislike been a mercenary now.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Brotherman

The time for diplomacy is well past. We, the West, have made sure of that.

The next phase will be coordinated Internet attacks, followed by surgical strikes against countries each side is at war with to cripple their ability to wage war as much as possible. Then come the invasions... not like Ukraine. These will be a complete takeover of respective countries, where any citizens that survive the invasion will be held prisoner.

Indeed.

Citizens of said concoured countries will be offered the opportunity to denounce Western values, denounce Christianity, embrace communism and if the denouncement is believed then perhaps they will be allowed to hash out a meger existence as a prisoner on work detail.

Western society is about to be tested beyond anyones wildest dreams and unfortunately whilst we Diddy Daddle about understanding lines have been crossed and that we need to get in there with heavy handed disciplinary action the foundations are being laid to cut us of at the knees.

What are we waiting for? An invitation? Well that's well and truly been given.....

We may not want this one for a change but the choice is not being offered.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92
The US cant fight Russia militarily so they are hoping that canceling would do it.

LOL. Yeah, it would be a hell of a tough fight since the Ukrainians have shown that the stronk Russian army is nearly invincible.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Great, just what we need, another country creating their own internet and cutting themselves off from the rest of the world like China or North Korea. It's not a good move for Putin to make, and I don't think it will benefit them in the long run. There are some popular YouTubers I watch from Russia, are they just going to disappear from the internet? The west is isolating Russia from the rest of the world and it will only make Russia more desperate and more dangerous in the future.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

It also makes it much easier for Russia to indoctrinate their people and crack down on dissent.

The pro-Putin and intolerance for anything anti-putin regime is already bad. If the internet gets shut down, it's going to get really ugly.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 07:50 AM
link   
i wonder if the Muslim population had input on this planned action, or was this pull-out the sole idea of the government politboro ?

russia is destined to ally with Turkey, Persia/Iran sooner than later... don't cha know that alliance of Russia/Iran/Turkey precedes the belligerence of Gog-Magog

related article: www.lewrockwell.com...
edit on th31164674931308212022 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: ANNED
This will never happen. There is too much money in Russian hacking for them to ever shut down the internet.

They may shut down the internet for common people, but then that in itself will highlight that Russian hackers are Russian government run or supported.

Great point.

Anyone posting from Russia after the 11th we should all laser focus on as Russian shills and ATS should ban them for life if this really happens.

edit on 3/8/22 by The2Billies because: addition

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join