It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wheat Settles at All-Time High as War Paralyzes Ukraine Trade

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 08:08 PM
link   
As EU/Germany is listening to US pressure to put sanctions on Russia.
The biggest wheat third nation producer of imported wheat.

Wheat continued to surge toward all time high. In a number of articles they keep blaming the Ukrainian invasion as a excuse but fail to mention the sanctions that were imposed by the EU agaisnt Russia.

The conflict in Ukraine had halted Wheat production.
The ban on Russian exports might likely come and bite European Countries. During the summer and winter of this year.

Wheat Settles at All-Time High as War Paralyzes Ukraine Trade
Wheat Surges Toward All Time High.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 08:22 PM
link   
There are Headlines in which Germany plans to cut 80% Russian oil.
Germany and much of Europe dont have a proper renewable replacement.

Russia is the third Europe's biggest wheat producers.
In the end all these sanctions would likely affect Europe more.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

Wow US is not longer the biggest producer of wheat? oops I forgot, now tax dollars pay farmers for not farming anything this days, really US has lost its backbone in the name or profits and greed, we the people will be paying for it.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Ukraine was also known as the breadbasket of the old USSR so I am sure the combo together has something to do with it. But there is also the fuel cost too. Tractors and farm equipment isn't exactly all green yet. So if fuel its scarce or expensive that will be reflected in the crop too.
edit on 7-3-2022 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Wow US is not longer the biggest producer of wheat? oops I forgot, now tax dollars pay farmers for not farming anything this days, really US has lost its backbone in the name or profits and greed, we the people will be paying for it.

ukraineand russia produce 1/3 of the worlds wheat.

ukraine is 5th in production,12%, russia is first.

russia is also number 1 in fertilizer too.

sock up on mac and cheese.

edit on 7-3-2022 by sarahvital because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92
There are Headlines in which Germany plans to cut 80% Russian oil.
Germany and much of Europe dont have a proper renewable replacement.

Russia is the third Europe's biggest wheat producers.
In the end all these sanctions would likely affect Europe more.

europe has a lot of sleeping reactors, time to spark them all up again.

it would help, anyway.

edit on 7-3-2022 by sarahvital because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 10:47 PM
link   
WE increased our stock of flour by twenty five pounds, the organic flour we use was still the same price for five pounds three days ago, it was three dollars and eighty nine cents here. The futures are high, but that won't take effect for a few more weeks I think although regular flours have been going up or not going on sale for a month now. I should buy a twenty five pound bag of bread flour just in case, it is ten ninety nine on sale right now till this coming weekend. It would be a good safeguard, the kids buy regular flour, I am the only one who has the genetics that can't detox organophosphates well, which is in the glyphosate that they use for preharvest treatment of grains in commercial grains.

We just bought five Baroni's frozen pizzas today on sale, five dollars and ninety nine cents, regularly seven ninety nine. Getting prepared for a rise in costs of food in the future. I think I should go give our egg suppliers some extra to stock up on chicken food before the price jumps up. I would rather pay it forward than have my eggs go up in price. She said the price is probably going to have to increase if the feed price rises anymore. We get around eight dozen eggs for my family every two weeks, the majority of what they produce to sell. They supply their kids and her mother and one other person gets a dozen or so. It is a hobby for them, half the chickens don't lay much anymore, but they get free food till they die naturally or get killed by hawks or foxes when they run around in their yards.

When I buy their eggs, it is child support payments...I eat their kids.

edit on 7-3-2022 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join