It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine Still Has Most of its Air Force Intact - Why Does President Zelenskyy Want More Aircraft?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: ISeekTruth101

Every day.. EVERY DAY, the mainstream media runs stories describing how the Russians are escalating their indiscriminate killing of civilians. Like this one...
But if you notice, there is never a running Death Tally...like the sordid idiots did with Covid-19. That's because the U.N. says there have been fewer than 600 civilian deaths, as of March 13th. Source: news.un.org...

But the Russians are using their world class destructive firepower to target civilians? Bullchit. Just more "mongering" in the hopes of getting the USA/NATO directly involved.

The entire Western Media is on that sick bandwagon.

Its the biggest threat we face because people are falling for the hype and the level of danger described that foreigners from all over are flying over and leaving their own families behind.

Media reports use advanced writing techniques to sow fear into people and to control sentiment towards Russia. Most people won’t pick up on it but writers/journalists can see these techniques clear as day.

600 civilian deaths, media would have you believe half the country is dead.

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ISeekTruth101

Every day.. EVERY DAY, the mainstream media runs stories describing how the Russians are escalating their indiscriminate killing of civilians. Like this one...
But if you notice, there is never a running Death Tally...like the sordid idiots did with Covid-19. That's because the U.N. says there have been fewer than 600 civilian deaths, as of March 13th. Source: news.un.org...

But the Russians are using their world class destructive firepower to target civilians? Bullchit. Just more "mongering" in the hopes of getting the USA/NATO directly involved.

Its the biggest threat we face because people are falling for the hype and the level of danger described that foreigners from all over are flying over and leaving their own families behind.

Media reports use advanced writing techniques to sow fear into people and to control sentiment towards Russia. Most people won’t pick up on it but writers/journalists can see these techniques clear as day.

It's not advanced writing or anything of the sort, it's just plain simple lies and blind trust.
We have all been groomed since early childhood (School) To believe/trust authority
It's plain simple cognitive dissonance

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: LocalGenius

It's not advanced writing or anything of the sort, it's just plain simple lies and blind trust.
We have all been groomed since early childhood (School) To believe/trust authority

Just for context I am a writer by profession. I’ve been on several writing courses and worked with communication experts. There are various forms of writing styles depending on the audience, writing for the web, writing marketing material and making use of priming techniques to influence people. Here are some examples: www.google.com...

The following is my opinion:

When I read articles posted by western media journalists reporting on Russia they typically write from the outside in, i.e first reporting the source making the statement followed immediately by the statement. For example:

Putin and former members of the Russian cabinet of ministers think that NATO has encroached too close to their borders, making reference to verbal agreement made some 30 years ago today.

Operative word in this example is “thinks” which immediately plays down the value of any Russian remark or statement as possible paranoia. Especially when many western media outlets spent decades sowing negative sentiment towards Russia. Here the reader is likely to dismiss either consciously or subconsciously anything “Russia thinks” and likely switches off for the remainder of the sentence/excerpt.

Contrast this with journalist reporting on any remarks made by western authority figures and governments, the same journalists report from the inside out:

“Putin is a madman and paranoid with his perceived notions on NATO’s expansion, Russia is making a big mistake” says the supreme allied commander of the British Armed Forces.

Big difference here - initially the quotation marks won’t register with the average reader so much as the impact of the quoted message itself which is impactful. This immediately triggers the reader to associate negative connotations with Russian authority. This is compounded over a long periods of time as the reader is continually exposed to such use of language and sentence structure as the media pushes their narrative in each new article - this can be classified as priming readers by sowing negative sentiment.

I’ve seen these techniques used by a variety of western media outlets and news sources as there are so many of them sharing the same narrative.

So while yes we have been groomed on trusting authorities, these same authorities make efficient and effective use of language to manipulate sentiment

edit on 16-3-2022 by ISeekTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Yet, Russian journalists have to parrot official Kremlin approved "news" or face criminal charges.

How does that sit with your apparent love for journalistic integrity?

I rather think that Russian state news and media is doing the grooming and manipulation of sentiment.

Massively.

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Yet, Russian journalists have to parrot official Kremlin approved "news" or face criminal charges.

How does that sit with your apparent love for journalistic integrity?

I rather think that Russian state news and media is doing the grooming and manipulation of sentiment.

Massively.

I agree. No way defending their journalism. But it just so happens that the west control a tremendous number of outlets and it seems wherever I look I am bombarded with biased western news coverage.

On my smartphone, youtube notifications, newspapers, TV... they have a strong presence. I’m trying to find unbiased sources but struggling. Just ATS and another site called www.antiwar.com that was recommended by a poster. As well as a YouTube channel called WarLeaks.
edit on 16-3-2022 by ISeekTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Try harder.

Look at actual footage.

Live coverage.

If you just rely on those limited sites you are ignoring a lot of stuff.

It's all out there.

If you look.

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Try harder.

Look at actual footage.

Live coverage.

If you just rely on those limited sites you are ignoring a lot of stuff.

It's all out there.

If you look.

What limited sites? I havent even listed them out. I can if you like?

I’ve looked and not found much but by all means if you have the holy grail of information sources, be a good samiritan and share?

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 06:06 PM
link   

To the disappointment of the Media, Experts, and Small-Thinkers everywhere, the Biden Administration did NOT give Volodymyr Zelenskyy the Fighter Jets/No-Fly-Zone he demanded and begged Congress/Biden for, this morning.

Source: www.foxnews.com...

Joe Biden and his people keep moving up on the empathy and wisdom scale! If they hold off on getting snookered into a U.S. vs Russia war, that will be a huge plus, worthy of a major (positive) ATS thread.

posted on Mar, 17 2022 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: LocalGenius

Just for context I am a writer by profession. I’ve been on several writing courses and worked with communication experts. There are various forms of writing styles depending on the audience, writing for the web, writing marketing material and making use of priming techniques to influence people. Here are some examples: www.google.com...

The following is my opinion:

When I read articles posted by western media journalists reporting on Russia they typically write from the outside in, i.e first reporting the source making the statement followed immediately by the statement. For example:

Putin and former members of the Russian cabinet of ministers think that NATO has encroached too close to their borders, making reference to verbal agreement made some 30 years ago today.

Operative word in this example is “thinks” which immediately plays down the value of any Russian remark or statement as possible paranoia. Especially when many western media outlets spent decades sowing negative sentiment towards Russia. Here the reader is likely to dismiss either consciously or subconsciously anything “Russia thinks” and likely switches off for the remainder of the sentence/excerpt.

Contrast this with journalist reporting on any remarks made by western authority figures and governments, the same journalists report from the inside out:

“Putin is a madman and paranoid with his perceived notions on NATO’s expansion, Russia is making a big mistake” says the supreme allied commander of the British Armed Forces.

Big difference here - initially the quotation marks won’t register with the average reader so much as the impact of the quoted message itself which is impactful. This immediately triggers the reader to associate negative connotations with Russian authority. This is compounded over a long periods of time as the reader is continually exposed to such use of language and sentence structure as the media pushes their narrative in each new article - this can be classified as priming readers by sowing negative sentiment.

I’ve seen these techniques used by a variety of western media outlets and news sources as there are so many of them sharing the same narrative.

So while yes we have been groomed on trusting authorities, these same authorities make efficient and effective use of language to manipulate sentiment

Well ok, but the reality is (most) people don't read past the headline of a story these days, if anything they watch and for most, it doesn't matter what is said as long as it isn't too outlandish they're going to believe it because it's brought to them
by (official government backed sources-mainstream media)

I'm not saying you're wrong but you're giving people too much credit, we are EASY to manipulate without advanced writing.
The smarter the animal, the easier to train.
It's easier to teach a dog to sit than it is a cat.

There are lies on both/all sides.
Everyone, literally everyone even myself, we're all under this spell.
We all know we've been lied to, even if we believe what is happening right now today,
we must admit we've been lied to by our governments at some point.
Yet what have we done other than literally moan about it?

Why is that?
edit on 17-3-2022 by LocalGenius because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-3-2022 by LocalGenius because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2022 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

No different from here to than you either report what we say or your fired or if you speak the truth to much up or get blocked from life.

posted on Mar, 17 2022 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Why did the ukraine airforce not attack the sitting duck 60 kilometre convoy? I mean, if the airforce had enough planes thisd would be a prize to take home.

posted on Mar, 17 2022 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: zatara
a reply to: carewemust

Why did the ukraine airforce not attack the sitting duck 60 kilometre convoy? I mean, if the airforce had enough planes thisd would be a prize to take home.

I read somewhere that Zelensky had the jets hidden away for safe keeping. WTF? We send billions...BILLIONS of dollars to Ukraine and he hides the fighter jets? I hope that's just a rumor. But it would explain why most damage to Russia's military is coming from ground-based artillery.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join