It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine Still Has Most of its Air Force Intact - Why Does President Zelenskyy Want More Aircraft?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ARM1968
their enormous nuclear Arsenal which is still most definitely significant.

We haven't seen the indiscriminate use of Russia's more that 15,000 artillery pieces either ... yet.

Back in the '80s, Soviet doctrine would have their military annihilate all life in a grid square with a single pull of the lanyard on any given piece of deployed artillery. Re-load ... re-aim ... lift another grid square off the map. That fast.

Somehow ... I don't think that capability has been much diminished. Bore diameters have increased, explosives are more powerful, longer tubes = longer ranges with greater accuracy.

Just remember WWII and how fast the Russians came across Europe and into Germany against relatively stout German opposition ... not like the boys and old men the English and Americans faced in their push west. The Russians have never been less than worthy of respect. People who don't know that tend to seriously underestimate what they can do when they put their minds to it.

Not a cheerleader here. Just a guy who doesn't want to see America drawn into another war where there's no return on investment in sight. Let's see what the European Union has got and what they're all about ... first.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Woah now. Be careful. You do know this Zelensky is Jewish?

It is physically impossible for someone of the Jewish faith to be a nazi. Duh open up a history book ya nincompoop.

Excuse my harsh language.This is just the truth. Why do you think that strange habit of cutting of the foreskin of babies took hold on America? It's because now none of them can grow up to be nazi. That and they can still pretend to be followers of any faith they choose.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I would almost do this those regions were shelled pretty hard and were typically Russian sympathizers. Still, its ceding territory gained illegitimately.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Ukraine is running out of old Russian fighters, but much of the rest is still in tact.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 06:00 PM
link   

They aren’t. We’ve seen in Syria that some Russian equipment isn’t as good as it’s been portrayed. Other equipment has proven to be better than we expected.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Just FYI regarding these "children": Crimea is off the southern border of Ukraine, and was a major point of contention between Ukraine and Russia after the Maiden protests and pro-Russia regime change to pro-NATO regime. Shortly after, Russia invaded Crimea and annexed the area. Subsequently, the people of Crimea voted overwhelmingly for separating from Ukraine (I believe about 95%). They are now part of Russia again.

Donetsk and Lugansk are two regions of Ukraine on the eastern border with Russia, with a large Russian sympathizing/speaking/supporting population. This is where the neo-Nazi Azov Battallion and other Ukraine forces have committed harassment, aggressions, and violence against the citizens repeatedly since the Maiden regime change in 2014. And to be fair and clear, there are also "Russian Separatist" groups which are waging their own guerilla war right back.

The familial metaphor the previous poster used isn't far off. I've rather looked at it as a very messy divorce and custody agreement, with the father demanding renegotiation of child custody for a couple of their kids, claiming they are being abused by the new spouse.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Risk-reward. Hitting that column with aircraft is a big risk for potentially little reward. They’re better off hitting them on the ground with ATGMs right now.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: MockusRubot

It's very simple comrade. What is Ukrainian today will be Russian tomorrow. Zelensky knows this, He is just working on brownie points with Putin.

Mm-mm-mmm That delicious western aid. 10 billion here, 5 billion there.

What's crazy is how President Biden is trying to do the same thing President Trump got impeached for.

A Quid-Quo-Pro regarding Ukraine Aid.

Dirty Joe: No Money for Ukraine without Covid $$$ for my friends: www.foxnews.com...

It's not a quid pro quo. He's asking Congress to address both issues in a single bill. This is common because Congress only meets for a certain number of days during the year and if they tried to address every issue in an independent bill there wouldn't be enough days in the year to handle all the business. It's called an Omnibus bill. They happen under every President.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I just came across an interesting factoid, reported multiple places, that Zelensky's net worth has increased just a little bit since he became prez... from $1.5 million to $705 million. Not bad, eh?

Perhaps Zelensky might be willing to drop a couple hundred mil and purchase a few of those fighter jets. It would be an especially noble gesture on his part...

Or maybe it's just crazy talk. Yeah, just crazy talk!

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 06:28 PM
link   
If Ukraine was winning they wouldn't be arming civilians and prisoners.

Begging for more aircraft is just another indicator things are not going well for Ukraine.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Ukraine is winning BECAUSE they armed millions of civilians trained in advance.

But nice try.

Maybe you convinced someone that russia isn't getting the peace kicked out of them?

Hear it from a russian Lt. Col. himself:

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

They've jammed up our equipment a few times right? A couple of times in Syria, and once to one of our aircraft carriers if I remember correctly... I took it with a grain of salt given the state of truthfulness in reporting these days.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

I don't think anyone expects to see Ukraine expell Russia with no loss of territory. Hell, even if they get by with only losing the east I'd be impressed.

I think the Ukrainians are just fighting tooth and nail before it's all said and done.

This isn't like the US in Iraq. Russia is right next door. Ultimately, they can stage and advance as many times as they want. Not like they have to travel half way across the planet.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

I just came across an interesting factoid, reported multiple places, that Zelensky's net worth has increased just a little bit since he became prez... from $1.5 million to $705 million. Not bad, eh?

Perhaps Zelensky might be willing to drop a couple hundred mil and purchase a few of those fighter jets. It would be an especially noble gesture on his part...

Or maybe it's just crazy talk. Yeah, just crazy talk!

You're right.

Ukrainians deserve to be killed by russians on Ukrainian soil.

As long as the same rules apply to joe, nancy & chuckie.

And multibillionaire putin.

edit on 7-3-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

The supposed jamming of the ship was the Donald Cooke, an Aegis destroyer. But the jamming system they supposedly used isn’t capable of being mounted on the plane they supposedly used it on. They have been jamming over Syria though, and it’s proven better than we expected or planned for.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: MockusRubot

Woah now. Be careful. You do know this Zelensky is Jewish?

It is physically impossible for someone of the Jewish faith to be a nazi. Duh open up a history book ya nincompoop.

Excuse my harsh language.This is just the truth. Why do you think that strange habit of cutting of the foreskin of babies took hold on America? It's because now none of them can grow up to be nazi. That and they can still pretend to be followers of any faith they choose.

Ummm…nowhere did I say that Zelinski was personally a Nazi…I stated there are Neo Nazi battalions in the Ukrainian military…

It’s extremely well documented that Ukraine has at least one battalion of Neo Nazi’s the Azov battalion…

Also…if you remember George Soros…then Zelinski wouldn’t be the first…”Jew”…to conspire with and work with Nazi’s…

Also well documented…

YouSir

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Smart game they're playing though.

I can't imagine they'd be able to match us. But if they could take away some of the edge it gives them more of a chance. They've proven to do more with less for quite some time.

Hopefully we never find out exactly how all that would play out though.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Russia is interesting because they have great engineers, but godawful production. The Su-34 introduction to service was a debacle due to production issues. The first 14 aircraft were grounded temporarily, and they were thinking the first two would never fly again because they were so bad. If they could get their production resolved, and figure out a better training doctrine they’d be a lot more worrisome.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Ah, so you're only calling Zelinsky a nazi collaborator then?

That's so much better.

So why did russia invade Ukraine claiming that Ukraine was overrun with nazis then?

Was russia lying about that?

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Same in ccp.

(At least related to J20)

You wouldn't believe how poor their metallurgy skills are.

(We have samples)

Well, you probably would.

Engineers here are surprised they can keep them flying at all.

Anything that looked like that, even found in a single airframe, would result in immediate grounding of our entire fleet.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join