It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge crowd of protestors Saint Petersburg

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Don't know what the rest of the peanut gallery thinks, but this is a huge crowd of protestors for St.Petersburg Florida....

it's massive for Saint Petersburg Russia, it's certainly is something the west rarely has seen from Russia in my 50 something years of memories. Didn't Putin have some condescending comment when the US was in the throes of our riots in 2018/19?

This could get ugly quick

www.msn.com...

Still trying to verify this below...

It has started in Russia. In Nizhnekamsk, workers of the Hemont plant staged a spontaneous strike as they were not paid part of their salaries due the sharp collapse of the Russian ruble.

edit on 7-3-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

How many of those protestors are in favor of a no fly zone? or are carrying such signs? i seen in most of these protestors are waving messages
"No Fly Zone Now In Ukraine"
edit on 7-3-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-3-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 01:45 AM
link   

From what I have seen it takes some serious dedication to protest in Russia. One Moscow Protest resulted in some busted heads and around two thousand arrested from what I have read. Once the PTB have their hands on you no telling where or for how long you will disappear to.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92

How many of those protestors are in favor of a no fly zone? or are carrying such signs? i seen in most of these protestors are waving messages
"No Fly Zone Now In Ukraine"

Really Id imagine it would be easy to find links with pictures of that, wouldn't it? care to share them?

Most pics rarely have signs in English at least the ones Ive seen.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

A whole lot of Russian Patriots just stood up and said "Arrest This".

This is how it starts, everyone there is terrified of speaking against the government even in private.

If this and other similar reports are accurate, this is absolutely shocking.

Even I didn't predict this at all until the bread lines reappeared.

Once Russian Patriots realize that putin's goons can't arrest them all it'll suddenly start growing exponentially.

Go save your country Russian Patriots!

We'll see you on the other side.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 03:56 AM
link   

There has reportedly been protests of one sort or another in 53 towns and cities across the whole of Russia against Putin, the invasion and its effects.

It is thought around 10,000 people have been arrested.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: PatriotGames4u
a reply to: 727Sky

A whole lot of Russian Patriots just stood up and said "Arrest This".

This is how it starts, everyone there is terrified of speaking against the government even in private.

If this and other similar reports are accurate, this is absolutely shocking.

Even I didn't predict this at all until the bread lines reappeared.

Once Russian Patriots realize that putin's goons can't arrest them all it'll suddenly start growing exponentially.

Go save your country Russian Patriots!

We'll see you on the other side.

I just know Ive never seen this type of protest in Russia, not saying it hasn't happened before but this isn't isolated. Guess it's all up to Putin.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

There has reportedly been protests of one sort or another in 53 towns and cities across the whole of Russia against Putin, the invasion and its effects.

It is thought around 10,000 people have been arrested.

Yes, it is wide spread 10,000 arrested for protesting in Russia is like 50,000 arrested in the US. Still wonder if it's enough to stop Putin or if it's being overblown by the media.

I don't want to get too optimistic but it will likely take much more internal pressure within Russia to end this quickly. Sounds like there is at least talks schedule today, between each sides representatives

russia.liveuamap.com...

edit on 7-3-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 07:05 AM
link   

It wouldn't matter if 100,000 or a 1,000,000 protesters in Russia were arrested, Putin still won't alter his course of action.
The only hope is that some of those around him see sense and take appropriate action.

I'm not holding my breath.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

It wouldn't matter if 100,000 or a 1,000,000 protesters in Russia were arrested, Putin still won't alter his course of action.
The only hope is that some of those around him see sense and take appropriate action.

I'm not holding my breath.

Yes I agree I don't see Putin backing down gracefully unless somebody intervenes internally

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 03:54 PM
link   
It seems odd to me that all first hand information coming out of Russia has been blocked- until this. I'd think whoever is leaking this info would have been apprehended rather quickly, given what we're told life in Russia is like.

I can't help but be suspicious after years of media propaganda. The motive and who it would most benefit that's behind every story is the first thing I consider, so I'll wait this 'revelation' out until there's more information.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 04:02 PM
link   

No different than in any any country with tyrannical leaders.

We've seen the same many times elsewhere.

But first time for russia in 30 years.

Just human nature, most aspects of how these play out are exactly the same in any such culture.

new topics

top topics

join