It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suggestions for stopping the war

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: Boadicea
Its not just the dems.
ALL of the neocons are on display.

Definitely. No argument here. And my bad for not making that clear when I piped up.

The warmongering is disgusting imo.

Yes, it is. Definitely. No argument here at all!!!

Were we energy independent, this would not be happening. The usa becoming energy independent was underway during the previous administration, interestingly that process stopped. WONDER WHY?

Again, agreed 100%. And before Russia, it was the Middle East that we allowed ourselves to be dependent upon, when we have more than enough supply to take care of our own.... instead of banning all domestic production.

my opinion
F this yet another manufactured crisis, and the globalists who intentionally created it.

Yup!

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Just pay attention who is cheering this on.
They do not have our interests in mind.
Politicians, media,celebrities ect....
They are exposing themselves in exchange for "public support ". Do not forget.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Thank you. I shall do exactly that.

These are words to live by -- not just in the Ukraine/Russia debacle. Any time and every time our Feds are involved.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

These are words to live by -- not just in the Ukraine/Russia debacle. Any time and every time our Feds are involved.

True that!
Either russia or ukraine won't fix this.

And imo, this is not the business of the usa. EUROPE should be sorting this out. We should back their play, no more, no less.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: peaceinoutz

You stop a war by not starting one.

If the political leaders are too stupid and war does start, then the only way to stop a war is by winning it.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Should be pretty simple really................. Get the big 5 to agree to split Ukraine down the middle nw to Ukraine se to Russia then build a new big wall between the two. Cold War 2 in action but peace and no more deaths. It's pretty simple really.

Or we can wait for the govt in Kiev to watch the destruction of its small city as example what the convoy is going to do to Kiev in a weeks time if they don't give in to Vlads demands.

Oh yeah, I forgot about all the gangsters and their infighting over pipelines and industry that will scupper the above. Shame really, so it's total war until one side kills the other

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Hey
Are there any poc in Ukraine?
All that shows on the magic picture box is white people fleeing.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 10:04 AM
link   

The obvious answer is to cease and desist any and all hostilities, and end the illegal invasion against his Ukrainian neighbour.

Sit down at the peace table and come to an arrangement regarding Russia withdrawal from foreign soil.

And that's about as reasonable as Putin deserves.

edit on 7-3-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

And imo, this is not the business of the usa. EUROPE should be sorting this out. We should back their play, no more, no less.

I agree. Biden personally has too many conflicts of interests in Ukraine. If I were Putin, I wouldn't trust him any farther than I could throw him. (Granted, Putin could throw him a lot farther than I could!)

But this isn't our fight. "Our" as in the US. And it's despicable how they keep banging the drums of war. They want this.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 10:27 AM
link   

didn't hear putins speech when invasion started did you, to putin there is no ukraine, putins demands beforehand was to kick out all former Soviet republic and warsaw pact nations that joined NATO and the European union and ban them from entering again.
basically putin wants to bring back the ussr and the cold war status quo and doesn't recognize any Western aligned governments in central and eastern Europe as legitimate even through fair means, if they oppose Russian interests they are just rebelling republics not sovereign nations. this wont stop until we give into their demands or they take what they demanded by force, there will be no negotiating.

edit on 7-3-2022 by namehere because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-3-2022 by namehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I agree. Biden personally has too many conflicts of interests in Ukraine. If I were Putin, I wouldn't trust him any farther than I could throw him. (Granted, Putin could throw him a lot farther than I could!)

But this isn't our fight. "Our" as in the US. And it's despicable how they keep banging the drums of war. They want this.

Lol
Biden? Really?
I bet there are less in Washington dc that are clean on Ukraine than dirty.
This tracks back to at least 2014 imo, probably further.
The only ones in dc that are clean in this imo dont have an (i) next to their title.
Either they saw and allowed it, or are in it.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Okay, I see what you're saying, and it makes sense. Thanks for schooling me! I understand Putin addressing US and NATO, but not ONLY the US and NATO.

It ties in with his outlook, under him Russia doesn't recognize Ukraine and seemingly any former Soviet nation going by speeches, I haven't searched if this is official but with that said it seems all the old accords are to be shredded.

Unfortunately, yes, I was looking at this from a very narrow (US informed) perspective. Not necessarily wrong, but definitely not the big picture. And I should know better! I'll definitely continue trying to do better.

To be fair I have about as much a clue as the next person which isn't much, everything I wrote (or do write here) is opinion based on what I understand to be the facts. Most Europeans don't understand European politics to be frank and it's definitely a time for us all to be thinking and listening. Better it be our own opinions than a talking head's right?

I really don't like this jump to take sides and ramp up the us-vs-them mentality, as opposed to at least trying diplomacy and statesmanship and negotiations. But it is what it is.

Neither do I and the fact Russia did what it did regardless has me in a bit of a twist, it has me questioning the unity of the world going forward. We don't need another cold war never mind a hot one but how is the world supposed to respond to Russia?

Too many thought this would never happen but it has, NATO will expand. I understand Zelensky's plight it's highly emotional, NATO has to be steadfast and so does every European in Russia's "sphere of influence".

It's hard standing idly by when there's violent injustice. Nobody stops a lynching when the muskets are aimed at the crowd though do they? From what I hear there's attempts at talks but Russia knows it'll win the long game, it'll accept nothing but a surrender under the current climate. Again just my 2 pence.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 10:45 AM
link   

True that!
Either russia or ukraine won't fix this.

This 100%

I fear Russia would need to be forced to that table though.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Lol
Biden? Really?
I bet there are less in Washington dc that are clean on Ukraine than dirty.

Fair enough!

But Biden is the face of the US right now. And Biden along with son Hunter and brother James have definitely gone all-in so to speak. And I just don't like Biden. I've had big problems with him since the Iran-Contra hearings and his oh-so-snotty and arrogant bullcrap then. He's only reinforced my poor opinion of him since then.

Old habits die hard...

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Well we could nuke Russia. I think it would stop many wars in this world and prevent many in the near future. Or we could nuke ourselves. Same effect.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

From what I hear there's attempts at talks...

Curiously enough, I'm just now seeing reports that Putin has stated his conditions for a ceasefire:

-Ukraine must change its constitution to guarantee it won't join any "blocs", i.e. NATO + EU.
-Must recognise Crimea as part of Russia.
-Must recognise the eastern separatist regions as independent.

This is from the Twitter account of Patrick Reevell, who identifies himself as the Moscow reporter for ABC.

Seems to be the same conditions he demanded before going in to not go in...

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Old habits die hard...

Dude is a terrible liar, but we knew that in the 70s.
How he is the face of the dnc I will never understand.
He was first in his class, remember.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Hey
Are there any poc in Ukraine?
All that shows on the magic picture box is white people fleeing.

Then you are not looking. Late last year Zelensky was threatening the EU because he had invited a few thousand illegal migrants that they could get into the EU through Ukraine. But the EU were having non of it, so he said "if you don't let these 'migrants' into the EU through Poland we will turn the pipelines off that come through the Ukraine".
NOW go and look at all the people fleeing into Poland. There are masses of Syrians, Pakistanis, Africans etc. But all of a sudden they are not illegal imigrants but students who were in Ukraine studying.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed
Ah, thanks.
Just don't see any of them on the magic picture box recently.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Ukraine going non alignment????? Give me a break. Have none of you got a memory. The money men from the US has had their dirty hands in the country for years. Or have you forgotten a certain Hunter Biden et al.
AND the biggy question for you again:- If Putin hates the west that much, why hasn't he stopped supplying gas and fuel to the west, despite the war. And don't say it's because he needs the money.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join