It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suggestions for stopping the war

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I’m freighted to say it will take a nuclear war for the human race to finally sit down and settle this WMD thing.
The world has truly gone mad. Have we forgotten what these weapons are capable of?

If this thing escalates, IT WILL BE MASS MURDER on a scale we can’t conceive and were playing with this.

But first, we have to stop this stupid war.

We need this war to STOP.

How can we stop it?

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: peaceinoutz

It will take Russian Patriots DEMANDING a russian surrender.

Nothing short of that is likely to work.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I'm monitoring the media and trying to determine Putin's demands. I actually can't easily see his demands.

According to this report, he told the Turks he would stop the war if his demands were met, but they don't even tell us what his demands are.

This is an Axios report on his demands

How Putin's war in Ukraine could end

Russia's invasion could destroy Ukraine's sovereignty or Vladimir Putin’s regime. The outlines of a solution that leaves both intact are murkier.

Still, Putin’s demands and demeanor — denouncing Zelensky’s administration as "Nazis" and insisting on the full "demilitarization" of a country he is invading — are not those of man who's ready to cut a deal.
Putin's calculus will only change if he comes under sufficient pressure at home — due to battlefield casualties and economic hardship — that he feels continuing the war is more perilous for him than ending it, says Richard Haass, president of the Council on Foreign Relations.
Even in such a scenario, it’s unclear what exit Putin might be willing to take.

Putin's other core demand, that Ukraine declare itself neutral and rule out future membership in NATO, has long been a nonstarter in Kyiv. It’s unclear whether battlefield realities could change that.
But having described his mission in Ukraine as one of “deNazification” (however absurd that may be), and spoken at length about Ukraine’s rightful place in Russia’s orbit, Putin would seem to have set the bar for success, at minimum, at the installation of a loyal government.
There, Putin does have an advantage, however. His control over Russian media is such that he might believe he can sell a modest outcome — a new status for the eastern "republics" and a promise on NATO, perhaps — as a victory, despite the high costs.

link

On the one hand: Rep. Adam Smith (D-Wash.) is among those arguing that the U.S. should set out the circumstances under which sanctions will be lifted in order to provide Putin with an off-ramp.

So, that it, declare Ukraine won't seek NATO admission and Russia will withdraw and the sanctions will end.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92
a reply to: nugget1

I don't think Biden would be open to peace negotiations that require any kind of concessions judging by his past behavior.

At this rate whose even running things at the Biden admin? whoever they are desperate trying to push a hot conflict.

Same as always, nobody.

Elections have consequences, stolen elections even moreso.

Those consequences include, for the first time in 80 years, the U.S. not being in a position to lead any kind of effort against russia.

For better or worse, Germany is in charge this time.

We just have no ability with the biden idiot in the whitehouse.

He can't handle 5 reporters standing in circles asking scripted questions, NOBODY trusts him to negotiate with putin or make military decisions.

That would be dumber than joe himself.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 11:36 PM
link   
The only way to stop war.... make the robots..

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Russia may withdraw, but 'sanctions' are permanent.

Until russia meets OUR surrender terms.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Russia never played the game fairly, not many do but Russia is overtly plundered. The likes of the Panama papers were never favourable to the major nations. As far as I'm aware nothing was concluded by monetary groups. I suspect a link between some of the more crazy CT's, Brexit, the Panama papers and dead journalists.

Anyways my point is Russia wasn't treated like the dirty child of Europe at first. But then again things only started to truly get iffy when the extent of international tax evasion and plundering (often via British banking) was widely known.

It's often said to follow the money, well. The money is offshore and has been for the better half of the last century, the Panama papers were barely scratching the surface imho and the investigations whilst largely ignored today are still active as far as I'm aware.

I also doubt our ability to tank Russia's economy due to their offshore reserves. Sure we can hurt Russians but we're not going to hurt the ones that matter.

Idealistically we'd have access to more facts and wouldn't have multi-faceted governments. We're all dancing along to the Pipers song, especially conspiracy theorists.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

What concessions did Russia make?

I've mentioned multiple times in here that Russia released drafts setting out it's future negotiations regarding NATO and America. They were ignored and rightly so. Because they were a list of demands with a highly belligerent approach to external forces.

There's no reasoning with the unreasonable.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Well this is where it technically started.

link about Drafts

US draft

NATO draft

I imagine the basis of demands would be a neutral Eastern Europe that is demilitarised, they've got no chance now. Their efforts have pushed historically neutral nations to the West. Only token forces of NATO have ever deployed to Eastern Europe. When European nations war game with their allies it has rarely if ever been done under the NATO banner so it's not like Russia's demands ever came from a place of fear never mind objective reality.

Russia has no right to dictate troop deployments to sovereign nations, it has no right dictate deployments in Europe, the Arctic, the Baltics, the black sea or anywhere else in the world past it's own borders.

So, that it, declare Ukraine won't seek NATO admission and Russia will withdraw and the sanctions will end.

Too late, there's no table for them under Putin. Such assurances could have been feasible if Ukraine was in a position to join NATO. However Russian aggression stopped that years ago. Their position is highly unreasonable given the last 6 months of Russian activity.
edit on 7-3-2022 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I congratulate the West on the fact that it managed to bring things with Russia to war.

This is a result of a constant 30 years of defiant disregard for Russia's interests.

Now you have no choice but to be grateful viewers and watch as Russia tells you "no."

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 07:14 AM
link   

But reality should have guided them to say we’ll let Ukraine be nonaligned. Maybe for 20 or 30 years. Maybe that would have restrained Russia.

This is a much better suggestion that anything I've heard coming from Team Biden, or pretty much any other western nation. It would not only be a course to cease hostilities, without sacrificing Ukraine nor further empowering Russia, with a target date for reconsideration. And in 20 years, most likely, Putin himself will no longer be calling the shots, and cooler heads may prevail on all sides.

But I truly do not believe this is what Team Biden wants. Even as Putin has been holding negotations with Zelensky, Macron and Bennett, Team Biden and other western states have been trying their damnedest to ramp this up. From offering our planes to Poland if Poland gives their planes to Ukraine (which Blinken presented as in the works, but Poland quickly and vehemently denied as "fake news) and Boris Johnson releasing his 6-point plan to ramp up military equipment and operations.

There has been no effort or interest in de-escalating anything. No efforts at diplomacy or statesmanship. It's shameful and unconscionable.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 07:27 AM
link   

I'm monitoring the media and trying to determine Putin's demands. I actually can't easily see his demands.

You're not the only one! I have looked high and low for a list of his demands, or a transcript of his invasion speech, and while I have found plenty of articles talking about his demands, I have not found anything that simply quotes his demands.

This does seem deliberate and coordinated, right along with trying to shut down all Russian news sites. We are not allowed to hear anything directly from Russia, and particularly Putin. Apparently they'll just tell us what they think we need to know.

I did find one article with a list (paraphrased) accompanied by direct quotes from Putin. I closed it out, but I'll try to find it again.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

They stated what they want back in December, the west and the news somewhat ignored it.

I was expecting a limited invasion up to the Dnieper personally. A full-scale invasion places anything that Russia said beforehand as lala land talk. Which it was anyways, they wanted to demilitarise half of Europe and Scandinavia, I don't blame anyone for shunning Russia's suggestions.

The Russians only addressed NATO and the US anyways, they weren't being serious.
edit on 7-3-2022 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

They stated what they want back in December, the west and the news somewhat ignored it.

Which is pretty much how we got here. And in the media ignoring Putin, they also neglected to keep the public fully informed, and that continues to this day...

I was expecting a limited invasion up to the Dnieper personally.

You probably have a much better sense of what was possible or probable or sensible and practical than me... My military strategizing leaves much to be desired!

A full-scale invasion places anything that Russia said beforehand as lala land talk. Which it was anyways, they wanted to demilitarise half of Europe and Scandinavia, I don't blame anyone for shunning Russia's suggestions.

I do. That's exactly why we're here now. Why anyone would think ignoring or shunning Russia's concerns was going to end well is incomprehensible. And especially because these are not new concerns or demands.

The Russians only addressed NATO and the US anyways, they weren't being serious.

Are YOU serious??? Seems to me that NATO and the US are thee major powers in the west, AND the major players in Ukraine, AND the major concern of Putin. Putin went right to the top for redress of his grievances. That sounds pretty damn serious to me.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: PatriotGames4u

originally posted by: peaceinoutz
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

Not if they have gained any substantial territory. Putin would need a big concession to do that.

You're iving in putin's fantasy land.

putin is getting no concession, other than *maybe* keeping his naval base.

russia will leave the rest of Ukraine with ZERO concessions of any kind, and financial penalties will continue until Ukraine is made whole and russia disarms itself of all offensive capabilities.

Are you high?

Stop taking steroids grunt troll, it wrecks the brain.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Are YOU serious??? Seems to me that NATO and the US are thee major powers in the west, AND the major players in Ukraine, AND the major concern of Putin. Putin went right to the top for redress of his grievances. That sounds pretty damn serious to me.

I am. When Russia starts "negotiations" by excluding the EU and Scandinavian nations it's not going to be taken serious by the majority of the world. This isn't 1985 and they have no right to dictate who uses the Arctic or Baltic, that's just for starters. I understand your pov and in a grander scheme of things I agree. However Russia were barking up the wrong tree with it's approach.

In the short run they've pushed Europe to cooperate, in the long run they've pushed non-NATO members to NATO. Finland joining would be a very significant move.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 09:09 AM
link   
This will stop when russia stops, no sooner.
Good luck trying to make russia do anything.

Who wants another tank war in europe, raise your hand?

The mic wants war, the american people do not.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

I am. When Russia starts "negotiations" by excluding the EU and Scandinavian nations it's not going to be taken serious by the majority of the world.

Okay, I see what you're saying, and it makes sense. Thanks for schooling me! I understand Putin addressing US and NATO, but not ONLY the US and NATO.

This isn't 1985 and they have no right to dictate who uses the Arctic or Baltic, that's just for starters. I understand your pov and in a grander scheme of things I agree. However Russia were barking up the wrong tree with it's approach.

Unfortunately, yes, I was looking at this from a very narrow (US informed) perspective. Not necessarily wrong, but definitely not the big picture. And I should know better! I'll definitely continue trying to do better.

In the short run they've pushed Europe to cooperate, in the long run they've pushed non-NATO members to NATO. Finland joining would be a very significant move.

I really don't like this jump to take sides and ramp up the us-vs-them mentality, as opposed to at least trying diplomacy and statesmanship and negotiations. But it is what it is.

ETA: I have to add, though, that it's Zelensky who is very publicly demanding others not only take sides, but to forego all talk and go straight to making war. And trying to shame and demoralize anyone who doesn't jump to his tune.
edit on 7-3-2022 by Boadicea because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Who wants another tank war in europe, raise your hand?

This gave me a chuckle. I saw a meme recently with a pic of Dem congress critters (led by Pelosi) all raising their hands... I don't even remember what the meme was now. But I remember the pic, and it would be perfect for this!

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Its not just the dems.
ALL of the neocons are on display.
The warmongering is disgusting imo.
Life is meaningless to these people.

Were we energy independent, this would not be happening. The usa becoming energy independent was underway during the previous administration, interestingly that process stopped. WONDER WHY?

my opinion
F this yet another manufactured crisis, and the globalists who intentionally created it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join