It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Visa, Mastercard suspend all operations in Russia, 'effective immediately'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: SleeperHasAwakened
The Chinese take on a big loss of customer base from U.S. companies.

It's not really that helpful, CUP is presently only used in China and you need to have a Chinese bank account so I don't know how many Russians will be signing up for one. Visa and MC are still the global standards.

edit on 6-3-2022 by AugustusMasonicus because: dey terk er election

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 09:47 AM
link   
You took the words right out of my mouth. Thanks !!a reply to: Ksihkehe

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Like here in the United States !!! Right ?? So all the citizens in the US are held accountable for Bidens dumb ass, Nancy Pelosi’ craziness etc, etc. what are you doing now to remedy this problem ?? You make it sound so simple. The people of Russia must be sooooo stupid. Maybe you should give them some pointers. A list of what you would do here to get rid of the dim wit in the White House and all of the others in congress that have over stayed their welcome. a reply to: PatriotGames4u

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I wonder how long till people revolt. Not sure how will they organize without Facebook.

I read some people revolt for not being paid, but how is inflation in Russia, nobody talks about that, are people already starving?

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: TacoLoco75
Like here in the United States !!! Right ?? So all the citizens in the US are held accountable for Bidens dumb ass, Nancy Pelosi’ craziness etc, etc. what are you doing now to remedy this problem ?? You make it sound so simple. The people of Russia must be sooooo stupid. Maybe you should give them some pointers. A list of what you would do here to get rid of the dim wit in the White House and all of the others in congress that have over stayed their welcome. a reply to: PatriotGames4u

If the biden idiot invades Mexico, yes.

American citizens that do not stop him have no complaints about what would happen next.

That doesn't happen because free and fair elections means that the politicians work for US, and can be removed by US.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

Putin made that choice and not the citizens. Many of the soldiers don't even want to fight.

Be careful what you wish for. I have the means to get my family and dogs out of harm's way in a matter of minutes, do you?

Then those soldiers should NOT fight.

Period.

Thanks for the nuke threat.

Few of your nukes will ever reach us even if russia tried, russia and 140m humans in russia will cease to exist in 20 minutes, but yes, I'm well prepared.

Thank you for your fake concern.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

American policy?

Did Americans just invade Europe over fake propaganda that the American government created?

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: TacoLoco75
If you believe that I want to smoke what you are smoking. You really think Visa cares why their customers want??? Give me a break. Put your thinking cap back on. a reply to: PatriotGames4u

Visa ONLY cares what it's customers think.

It's a private business.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

Desperate move.

Might help a few russians a little.

ccp helping russia wasn't unexpected.

Or feared.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 01:05 PM
link   
www.theguardian.com...

Mastercard and Visa block in Russia does not stop domestic purchases

--
so the earlier twitter comment was correct. But it sounds like once the cards expire, no new ones won't be issued...just more polarization.

The move is expected to accelerate Russian banks’ adoption of Mir’s own cards, which are accepted in a handful of countries including Turkey, Vietnam, Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan.

On Saturday, Mir said it already had seen a surge in demand for its cards following sanctions being imposed against Russian banks by the US, EU and UK. According to its own statistics, more than half of Russians already owned a Mir card as of September 2021, accounting for 32% of all transactions.

Over 80% of merchants in the United States accept UnionPay credit cards and almost all ATMs accept UnionPay cards - 2017 [so more now[
www.unionpayintl.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: dontneedaname

Nice try.

Union pay has NO such ability on it's own, union cards access western retailers and ATMs through union's partnership with Fiserve

A company which already cancelled everything russia.

And can easily cut off ccp too.

With a single mouse click.

edit on 6-3-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: PatriotGames4u
A company which already cancelled everything russia.

Link to Fiserv doing this.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: dontneedaname
The move is expected to accelerate Russian banks’ adoption of Mir’s own cards, which are accepted in a handful of countries including Turkey, Vietnam, Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan.

The issue for Russians is acceptance abroad which is, minus the above mentioned vacation hotspots, zero for Mir. If a Russian national is traveling and wants to use a credit card they are SOL at this point.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Which part?

You can read about the UPI (Union) partnership on Fiserv.com

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Which part?

You can read about the UPI (Union) partnership on Fiserve.com

Fiserv (no 'E') 'cancelling everything' in Russia.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

They had very little in russia to begin with.

Haven't seen any public info on this yet, but Milwaukee HQ employees have been saying that they no longer have any russian ties at all now.

Try calling them if you want more info.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Which part?

You can read about the UPI (Union) partnership on Fiserve.com

Fiserv (no 'E')

Thanks, I wasn't paying attention.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I don't have to call them, I just spent the past week with them in Salt Lake at the USPF, they haven't cancelled anything.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I don't have to call them, I just spent the past week with them in Salt Lake at the USPF, they haven't cancelled anything.

Then still up in the air I guess, but Milwaukee mid level managers are convinced that ties were cut last week.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: SleeperHasAwakened
The Chinese take on a big loss of customer base from U.S. companies.

It's not really that helpful, CUP is presently only used in China and you need to have a Chinese bank account so I don't know how many Russians will be signing up for one. Visa and MC are still the global standards.

Fair, but from a Russian perspective, if I'm a Visa or MC holder, after seeing this as a blueprint for how "The West" can shut off my credit/money spigot, I'm not running out and signing up for another credit offering from a Western bank.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join