It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Visa, Mastercard suspend all operations in Russia, 'effective immediately'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

That's your opinion and you are of course entitled to it. It's my opinion that taking everything we can away from the oligarchs will inspire them to take care of the problem. The average citizen cannot take out Putin, but some of the oligarchs can.

I was mostly referring to what I see as the world's 'opinion' on the matter, as demonstrated by both words and deeds.

MY own unfiltered personal opinion about what we should do to russia as a result of invading Ukraine would (rightly) scare the crap out of everyone here.

Most just don't think I'm serious (due to recency bias), but I am.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 09:20 PM
link   

MY own unfiltered personal opinion about what we should do to russia as a result of invading Ukraine would (rightly) scare the crap out of everyone here.

My unfiltered thoughts could likely equal yours or maybe even scare you, too.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: Ksihkehe

All the soycucks that are itching to run to defend Ukraine were incredibly silent when a horse trampled a native woman in Canada.

I'm not aware of the second story... But even without context I'm going to go out on a limb and say the scale of the two are a bit different.

Yes, much different.

Putin has said he is targeting corrupt government actors and neonazis. There is also very scant evidence of this "invasion" being the kind of offensive typically associated with a brutal coup. All evidence points to Russia taking steps to reduce harm. All the things that baffle the military experts aren't all that baffling if you ignore MSM and western propaganda, ignore a lifetime of xenophobia. It makes perfect sense if Putin is being honest about his intentions, which western media deems impossible.

Trudeau was targeting citizens that disagreed with him and the woman being trampled is on video, unlike the various imaginary war crimes in Ukraine that seem to be as evasive as bigfoot.

There is no version of objective reality where western governments have any kind of moral high ground. If a fraction of what Putin says is true then everybody in the west should feel ashamed for what they've tolerated from their governments, they should be anyway for what they've allowed themselves to be subject to.

I'm not at all surprised by many of the armchair patriots suddenly siding with the same media and government that's been lying to them for years, but I admit to some shock that you seem to be falling for it. It's gross that the same politicians calling our elections manipulated, on both sides of the aisles, are claiming Ukraine is some kind of democratic unicorn country. The US installed that government and it's not even suppressed news. They installed it and, as is the American way, they have ignored atrocities in the name of "democracy".

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mantiss2021

These are not 'sanctions'.

That is true, since these are companies making the decisions.

But I still think punishing the average person of Russia adds fodder to the Putin narrative that the west is directly hostile towards Russia. It's hard to argue that narrative when the average person there is going to feel it.

We have to remember that governments make decisions, not the people. I don't want to punish Russian people just like I don't want to be punished for my daft politicians' actions.

How is this hurting the "aversge" Russian?

The order simply state that Visa cards issued outside of Russia will no longer work in Russia.

While Visa cards issued from within Russia will no longer work outside of Russia.

So the only "average" Russians affected would be who travel outside of Russia.

That doesn't sound terribly "average" to me.

After all, how many "average" Americans need to access foreign-issued credit cards, or need to use their US issued credit card outside the US (for any reason other than convenience)?

Visa also bans conservative orgs and sites that are unpopular, but since it appears you've never encountered a MSM narrative you didn't like you probably weren't aware.

Do you have any opinions I can't find by reading USA Today?

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

Mine don't include nuking, or even attacking anyone, how bout yours?

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 09:29 PM
link   

No nukes or conventional attacks.
edit on 5 3 2022 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

No bio/chem either I assume?

Then all good.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: PatriotGames4u

That's your opinion and you are of course entitled to it. It's my opinion that taking everything we can away from the oligarchs will inspire them to take care of the problem. The average citizen cannot take out Putin, but some of the oligarchs can.

I was mostly referring to what I see as the world's 'opinion' on the matter, as demonstrated by both words and deeds.

I often wonder when I see posts like these how you or anyone with these thoughts felt when the United States and their allies invaded countries like Afghanistan and Iraq (remember WMD's?). Apparently we feel we are the only ones allowed to invade on false pretense and paint others who try it as the devil. WE are the devil outside our own borders but the world wasn't in an uproar or didn't have the power when we were "liberating" those in other parts of the world. I'm not saying Russia is not bad or not acting in it's own interest, but I'd say it's time we took a long honest look in the mirror and then decide our own unfiltered personal opinion about what we should do to Russia.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 09:37 PM
link   

You've removed nukes, attacks, bio/chem from your table. While I'm not scared of any of them, I'm left wondering what you have that would scare me.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: keenmachine

I often wonder when I see posts like these how you or anyone with these thoughts felt when the United States and their allies invaded countries like Afghanistan and Iraq (remember WMD's?). Apparently we feel we are the only ones allowed to invade on false pretense and paint others who try it as the devil. WE are the devil outside our own borders but the world wasn't in an uproar or didn't have the power when we were "liberating" those in other parts of the world. I'm not saying Russia is not bad or not acting in it's own interest, but I'd say it's time we took a long honest look in the mirror and then decide our own unfiltered personal opinion about what we should do to Russia.

Very little of what you posted is based in reality.

Start a thread when russia surrenders, I'll bring the sauce.

Probably made that challenge 1000 times here.

Funny, nobody has tried yet.

You all cowards hiding behind dishonest propaganda?

Back up your claim for once.

(In another thread, after russia surrenders)

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: keenmachine

Very little of what you posted is based in reality.

Start a thread when russia surrenders, I'll bring the sauce.

Probably made that challenge 1000 times here.

Funny, nobody has tried yet.

You all cowards hiding behind dishonest propaganda?

Back up your claim for once.

(In another thread, after russia surrenders)

When Russia surrenders to who? what part is not based in reality? We never invaded other countries? We didn't go into Iraq because we suspected WMD's? Please enlighten me.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Neo Nazi is such a worn out term.

I'm sure there are some there, as they are everywhere. But they're an extreme minority in every country.

I'm not saying the west is on moral high ground, and I think we're far too involved and it needs to stop.

But Putin isn't doing Ukraine any favors. And I don't celebrate anytime a nation disrespects another nations sovereignty by force, including my own.

Everyone acts as if this is black and white... Two sides, pick one, just like everything else. As if there are 8 billion people on earth and every issue only has two sides, two outcomes. People act as if they are fighting the control of manevolent entities while allowing them selves to inverse them or play contrarian like clock work. Still control.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 09:49 PM
link   

You've removed nukes, attacks, bio/chem from your table. While I'm not scared of any of them, I'm left wondering what you have that would scare me.

What we are already doing, taken to a more extreme level, until:

Complete removal of russians from all ukraine, even the naval base.

Russian payment to rebuild Ukraine and provide restitution.

Complete disarmament of offensive weapons of russia.

Permanent removal of russia from security council and G#.

Complete banishment of all russian orbital activity and assets.

Heads or live bodies of putin and all top leaders voluntarily delivered by russia to Hague.

FYI - Same list applies to ccp as a result of wuhan-19, except I add NATO invitations for Japan, South Korea, Australia, AND Taiwan.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: keenmachine

To the planet.

Start a thread, I'll help you return to reality.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

A good well written post. If only more seen things this way and realized it's not all black and white, good vs bad.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 09:54 PM
link   

To the planet.

Start a thread, I'll help you return to reality.

you will have to say more than that to return me to "reality". I guess I will have to wonder which part of my post is untrue. maybe we haven't invaded other countries and the whole WMD fiasco is just due to bad memory, as i said enlighten me with more than a sentence.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 09:55 PM
link   

I'm surprised that you can't see that the end result of completely destroying the russian economy is a worldwide nuclear winter.

Making only the oligarchs suffer enough will get us putin's head on a platter. Many of them are of the same ilk as putin if you know what I mean.
edit on 5 3 2022 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 10:12 PM
link   

a reply to: nugget1

Quite the logical connect the dots you went on.

Comparing the actions towards Russia as Canadian truckers. What they did to truckers was disgusting, but they didn't shell cities... So there's that.

Then a quick Segway into saying this will result in China taking over... Isn't China softly backing Russia? But you're acting as if Russia is the victim of the west?

Maybe I'm looking to far into the buzzword salad. I'll see myself out.

Many, many countries have been victims of American policy, and when it's our government dropping bombs all you hear is 'RAH,RAH". As a matter of fact, the US has been pretty good at the genocide game itself, starting with Native Americans.

I'm not saying Russia is right or wrong; all I'm saying is it's not our business, our government probably has a HUGE hand in bringing Russia and Ukraine to this point, the majority of information is based on propaganda and I refuse to join in the typical American hypocrisy. The only advantage to the US getting involved is strictly political; to further lower the US standard of living, enact more restrictive laws when citizens speak out and enrich the 1% further.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Thank you, I'm glad I'm not alone.

I feel like I've been going insane since we're in the information age yet people still cling to the old ways of tribalism.

The world is incredibly nuanced. And we're selling ourselves short if we feel as if we have to subscribe to groups or inverse them all the time. Sometimes there is overlapping.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 10:51 PM
link   

I'm surprised that you can't see that the end result of completely destroying the russian economy is a worldwide nuclear winter.

Making only the oligarchs suffer enough will get us putin's head on a platter. Many of them are of the same ilk as putin if you know what I mean.

Russia made that choice, not us.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join